Who bought KathiB's website name? JB/the defense team?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was registered by a third party "Domains By Proxy" out of Arizona.

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: KATHIBELICH.COM
Created on: 24-Dec-09
Expires on: 24-Dec-11
Last Updated on: 08-Feb-11

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration KATHIBELICH.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration KATHIBELICH.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Domain servers in listed order:
NS63.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS64.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Creation Date: 24-DEC-2009
Updated Date: 18-MAR-2011
Expiration Date: 24-DEC-2011

Nameserver: NS63.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Nameserver: NS64.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited

So it was registered through a service designed to specifically mask the registrant or owner. While this could be any reasonably techno savy individual who did this, it must be hypothesized that a well experienced PI who is known to have a whole bag of shall we say questionable tricks would certainly know how to do this "as part of his investigation of potential witnesses". If you get my drift.

=======================

I get your drift totally .... :floorlaugh: But for it to hook into jb law firm I would think someone would have to know passwords etc to transfer it to it.. then be able to just connect through the law firm site in a search also.. so it had to be inside job or someone gave the info to a certain PI and I am sure it was not to LP... maybe another fishing person but just can't see jb giving that to anyone connected to LP..
I might be wrong here but this is what first came to me for someone to do this needed some kind of info.. I would think.. surely jb's law firm site is protected from intrusion ? one would think but since buttons do not work now who knows... :banghead: :loser:

=======================

I get your drift totally .... :floorlaugh: But for it to hook into jb law firm I would think someone would have to know passwords etc to transfer it to it.. then be able to just connect through the law firm site in a search also.. so it had to be inside job or someone gave the info to a certain PI and I am sure it was not to LP... maybe another fishing person but just can't see jb giving that to anyone connected to LP..
I might be wrong here but this is what first came to me for someone to do this needed some kind of info.. I would think.. surely jb's law firm site is protected from intrusion ? one would think but since buttons do not work now who knows... :banghead: :loser:

I'm just trying to catch up on all of the news from yesterday. Your post made me wonder if there would have to be access to the Baez Law Firm given in order to have the link take you there? I mean, if this were done by some random person who didn't like KB, having the link take you to a *advertiser censored* site would be a better "get" towards KB. KWIM? So, that leads me to believe that IF this was a random person, their target was JB. But, would they be able to link directly to his website without having permission or a password or something? Do we have a computer savvy person who can answer this? Can someone create a link under a domain name and then link it to ANY site that they want without a password or some way to link in? I hope you know what I'm trying to say. TIA!

Funny we have not heard from JB other than "No Comment" to the press. He normally has no problem making statements to the press about how LE does not like him. But, suddenly he is quiet. Moon Wobble, not a good time for him. jmo

I'm just trying to catch up on all of the news from yesterday. Your post made me wonder if there would have to be access to the Baez Law Firm given in order to have the link take you there? I mean, if this were done by some random person who didn't like KB, having the link take you to a *advertiser censored* site would be a better "get" towards KB. KWIM? So, that leads me to believe that IF this was a random person, their target was JB. But, would they be able to link directly to his website without having permission or a password or something? Do we have a computer savvy person who can answer this? Can someone create a link under a domain name and then link it to ANY site that they want without a password or some way to link in? I hope you know what I'm trying to say. TIA!

bbm.. I usually lurk but coming out from under the rock to answer this one, yes you can set your web site to automatically re-direct to any site whatsoever without needing permission or a password to do so. (http://help.godaddy.com/article/422)

=======================

Just to clarify, and make it as simple as possible, there are different ways to accomplish the redirect. This particular site is using a 302 redirect. All they need to know in order to accomplish this is the url of the receiving website. In this case, that's JB's url. That's it.

Yes they can.

Well yes. It works exactly the same as the various links, videos and pictures we post here in this forum work. Nobody is needing special permission to post a link over to Wesh or Richard Hornsby's blog or whatever. That's 90% of how the internet works. And the redirect is basically that. An automatic link.

Now the receiving site can opt to block traffic coming from or originating at a specific site or IP range. But it is normally only done in specific case by case situations. And honestly it is not something that JB has the technical wherewithal to do.

bbm.. I usually lurk but coming out from under the rock to answer this one, yes you can set your web site to automatically re-direct to any site whatsoever without needing permission or a password to do so. (http://help.godaddy.com/article/422)
Please come out of lurkdom more often, Secrett. Obviously, you have valuable info to share. Thank you!! (I love your hat.)

It doesn't seem like JB would do this as it would be too self incriminating, wouldn't it? Given the set up, I would guess it's someone who dislikes JB and wants to try to get him in trouble. I think it's a snark against both KB and JB but more JB. Do you think we'll ever hear who did it and the motive behind it?

=====================:floorlaugh: I can't believe he would say waste his money on this.. Marinade Dave was posting on fox 35 blog chat asking for ppl to send him money for GAS and Parking to go to the hearings and trial.... I commented and said he reminded me of a certain person that starts with M and ends in T that was asking for money to take a certain van places during the searches.. couple hours later a comment was made and they were unhappy about my comment.. :great: I asked if it was him and told him he needed to man up and not hide like a little boy... so him saying this about money made me really laugh... I am sure the news station will get to the bottom of this.. I wouldn't be calling or anything .. might see numbers and track those also.. if anything I have learned from this site is to think before I really do something stupid and If it would be worth it later... jmo

With the utmost respect, don't most bloggers ask for donations? Caylee Daily, Sprocket, Hinky & WS to name a few? I guess I'm just not understanding the complaints about this blogger MD, I've read some of his articles and they don't seem out of line or anti-Caylee to me.

Baez forced Judge Strickland’s recusal with false allegations so no doubt in my mind Baez is also responsible for the KB site, he's obsessed with hating on KB plus it's advertising for his firm thus he would be the one to benefit. :)

moo

If Kathi's legal representative sends a cease and desist letter to GoDaddy, or informs them of a lawsuit regarding 'cyber squatting', I'll bet that GoDaddy will have to give up the owner under threat of legal action.

Whoever owns it has left themselves open to a civil suit, and if it turns out to be anyone on the defense team, I suspect ANOTHER bar complaint is in order.

One shouldn't mess with the media, they can make life miserable if you are a public figure.

With the utmost respect, don't most bloggers ask for donations? Caylee Daily, Sprocket, Hinky & WS to name a few? I guess I'm just not understanding the complaints about this blogger MD, I've read some of his articles and they don't seem out of line or anti-Caylee to me.

Baez forced Judge Strickland’s recusal with false allegations so no doubt in my mind Baez is also responsible for the KB site, it's like advertising for his firm so who else would benefit . :)

Are you talking about donations to run the site? I know for a fact Hinky does not ask for donations. I don't think Sprocket does either. I've never seen the others you mention ask for donations, ever.

Maybe for a cause now and then? Sending flowers to someone or some such? Or as in the case of reimbursing MM for the cost of getting the docs?

???

BTW --- many large sites buy both their site name and the misspellings of their site.

They can then (with a single line of code) redirect all those URLs to their main site. It's so seamless you wouldn't even know it had happened.

Are you talking about donations to run the site? I know for a fact Hinky does not ask for donations. I don't think Sprocket does either. I've never seen the others you mention ask for donations, ever.

Maybe for a cause now and then? Sending flowers to someone or some such? Or as in the case of reimbursing MM for the cost of getting the docs?

???

I'm not talking aboutr MM. But I am positive Sprocket and Caylee Daily ask for donations. I don't go to Hinky anymore because I got a virus alert but I thought she also requested donations. :)

=======================

A domain by proxy is something you can pay extra for on Go Daddy so you can keep your identity private. You can forward your website to any www. you want.

I'm not talking aboutr MM. But I am positive Sprocket and Caylee Daily ask for donations. I don't go to Hinky anymore because I got a virus alert but I thought she also requested donations. :)

I know for a FACT Hinky does not request donations. As a matter of fact many people have wanted to donate to help defray costs and Val has said ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I don't read Caylee Daily but do read Ritanita's excellent reporting over at Sprocket and have never seen any donation requests.

I know for a FACT Hinky does not request donations. As a matter of fact many people have wanted to donate to help defray costs and Val has said ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I don't read Caylee Daily but do read Ritanita's excellent reporting over at Sprocket and have never seen any donation requests.

Jennyb – I just wanted to say I’m not trying to argue with you about this I’m just trying to understand!! I’ve been going to Sprocket’s site for years and she had a donations link for a long time, first it was for her sick kitty and then it was just for donations up until recently. If it’s not on her site now she must have removed it not too long ago. What I don’t understand is why people chastise one blogger for donations but not another? Oh well, mine is not to reason why, lol. :)

"Plumber sued for cybersquatting
Wednesday, February 02, 2011
By Paula Reed Ward, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Gillece Services has more than 200 registered Internet domain names. About 50 of them are variations on the name Gillece and possible misspellings of the word.

Dozens more are simply town names from Western Pennsylvania with the word "plumber" after them, like carrickplumber.com or monroevilleplumber.com, which then redirect visitors to the Gillece home page.

But 13 others are remarkably similar to other plumbing, heating and electrical companies in the region and have become part of a federal lawsuit against the Pittsburgh company, alleging trademark infringement and cybersquatting.

Fagnelli Plumbing Co. in Oakland filed a lawsuit against Gillece in May, claiming the company had improperly registered the Internet domain name fagnelli.com and then redirected Web traffic from that site to the Gillece home page. Though Fagnelli sent a cease and desist letter, demanding that Gillece turn over the domain name, that never happened.

Gillece did, however, stop redirecting traffic to its own site, and instead listed fagnelli.com on GoDaddy.com, which is a parking site for domain names that are registered but contain no content.

The case was supposed to have been settled following mediation at the end of September, but the settlement fell through when the parties couldn't agree on the confidentiality clause.

The case is now headed for a bench trial before U.S. District Judge Arthur J. Schwab on April 11. Fagnelli, which characterizes Gillece's behavior as "unscrupulous and unethical," is seeking damages of $100,000 plus costs and attorney fees."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11033/1122240-455.stm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21
Back