Who Had Motive, Method & Opportunity?!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You are very wrong there. It is up to the Zahaus to prove THEIR case, not the other way around. The Zahaus will need to come up with some evidence that PROVES Rebecca was murdered, and murdered by Nina, Dina, and Adam. Evidence that outweighs all the evidence that proves suicide - like the rope tying book Rebecca had in her office.
You are apparently not versed in civil cases. It is a preponderance of the evidence which at this point clearly points to the defendants guilt. Simple but evident.

You are apparently not versed in civil cases. It is a preponderance of the evidence which at this point clearly points to the defendants guilt. Simple but evident.

You are apparently not verses in civil cases, either. The party bringing the lawsuit, in this case the Zahaus, must prove their case. That means they have to PROVE to 9 out of 12 jurors that Dina, Nina, and Adam murdered Rebecca Zahau.

And it so happens that the Zahaus have no evidence to prove that at all.

Do you have a link for that on Rebecca's head injuries? I don't recall that at all. If you don't that's okay as the volume of these threads have gotten rather unwieldly.

@Justice be served- if you Google Autopsyfiles.org Rebecca Zahau, her head injuries are on page 9

Sometimes it is best to scroll and roll. The ignore button can be your friend.

I am looking forward to this case moving to trial and for justice to prevail. Rebecca did not deserve to be attacked and murdered. I hope she was unconscious when she went over the railing. She must have been terrified that night.

You are apparently not verses in civil cases, either. The party bringing the lawsuit, in this case the Zahaus, must prove their case. That means they have to PROVE to 9 out of 12 jurors that Dina, Nina, and Adam murdered Rebecca Zahau.

And it so happens that the Zahaus have no evidence to prove that at all.

Wrong again but, guess what, the judge has agreed on a jury trial and I will be in the courtroom. See ya.

@Justice be served- if you Google Autopsyfiles.org Rebecca Zahau, her head injuries are on page 9

Here is the quote I was referring to:

BBM

Sheriff Bill Gore’s press conference. Wednesday. November 16, 2011
Sheriff Bill Gore, Dr. Jonathan Lucas, (Medical Examiner) and Mike Grubb, Director, San Diego Sheriff’s Department, Crime Lab
http://www.760kfmb.com/story/1606801...nce-not-tested

Lucas: There were 4 impacts, one of them was two inches by one inch, that’s the one that I think was probably from going over the balcony, the three others were smaller than a nickel, not only did they not represent enough force to cause unconsciousness they may not have even given her a headache, these were small injuries. I do not know exactly how they happened, but they were minor and inconsequential.

Wrong again but, guess what, the judge has agreed on a jury trial and I will be in the courtroom. See ya.

I will be in the courtroom as well, watching the Zahaus have no way to prove their case.

The principle of burden of proof is associated with the Latin maxim “semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit”, means: “the necessity of proof always lies with the person who lays charges.” In civil law cases, the burden of proof requires a plaintiff to convince a judge or jury of the plaintiff’s entitlement to the relief sought. This means that the plaintiff must prove each element of the claim, or cause of action, in order to recover. Burden of proof is the most important rule of evidence in the trial of civil cases. Generally, burden of proof is on the plaintiff to show by a “preponderance of evidence” or “weight of evidence” that all the facts necessary to win a judgment are probably true.

- See more at: http://civilprocedure.uslegal.com/trial/burden-of-proof/#sthash.M7zGFKyh.dpuf

If you see a post that violates our terms of service please alert on the post. Do not quote it and comment on it please. This creates more work for the mods.

Thank you

I would agree with you to trust your gut - just what I believe the jury will do. Any thinking, breathing soul will agree that Dina had it in for Rebecca. Only takes 9 of 12 jurors or 75%. I have estimated that this forum is running about 95% to convict.

many posters from when this case first happened who agree with suicide being RZ's manner of death have stopped posting on these threads, so while it may seem that 95% in this forum would be likely to convict, I'm not sure that is an accurate portrayal of everyone on WS who has read or contributed to the earlier threads. I do think Dina had it in for Rebecca, I think she strongly disliked her, which has been discussed ad nauseum but I don't think that equates to murder. Speaking only for myself, I find it very frustrating that my posts are ridiculed by some who don't agree. Even honest questions are sometimes laughed at. I personally trust the SDSO investigation and I know others do as well, but I would change my mind if evidence to the contrary is presented at trial. None of us have seen the full investigative file so we don't know what else led to the determination of suicide. It is the Zahau's who must convince the jury by a likelihood of 51% that the defendants are responsible for RZ's death, which would also involve convincing the jury that by that same 51% likelihood, the SDSO investigation was wrong, flawed, or whatever other words they think are appropriate and can back up with evidence. Ultimately, the truth is what matters and hopefully whether that truth is the current ruling of suicide, or RZ was murdered, enough evidence will be presented for a jury to reach an educated verdict whatever that may be.

^Preponderance of evidence is greater than 50%. Not 51% or over. Could be 50.0000000000000000000000001% or 50.023%, etc. Just so you know. And see I didn't ignore you.

^Preponderance of evidence is greater than 50%. Not 51% or over. Could be 50.0000000000000000000000001% or 50.023%, etc. Just so you know. And see I didn't ignore you.

I know the legal definition and in terms of the numbers you have listed you are absolutely correct. There are many websites and articles that even use 51% when explaining the basic gist of preponderance of evidence but those articles admittedly appear to serve the purpose of explaining it in basics to the general population. I have seen multiple other posts use 51% as a general example of what preponderance of evidence is throughout RZ's threads when discussing this particular WDS but I do think this is an important reminder because you are right, all it takes is something as small as .00000000001 or any other amount that makes it greater than 50% to tip the scales of justice and show that preponderance of evidence was met by the plaintiffs. Thank you for reading my post even though we may not agree on this particular case.

looks like lots of m,m & o to go around, anyone have a new take since the latest development?

looks like lots of m,m & o to go around, anyone have a new take since the latest development?

I agree with bourne (per his/her posts on closed thread) about the essence of Dina's personality. She appears to suffer from a virtual buffet of personality disorders. I think I just have a hard time imagining a woman doing to RZ what was done to her - which is my own issue and has really nothing to do with the evidence at the scene.

Something we haven't discussed from the presser last week was that Dina said she was a practicing child psychologist, and I believe that "fact" was thoroughly debunked here by K_Z. Dina hadn't yet put in the hours to be licensed, or something along those lines, at the time of Max's and Rebecca's death. Yet she wants to talk at the presser about her interrupted career. All that to say, the woman is driven by much darkness that I can't even begin to wrap my head around.

The only other MMO I've pondered is with regard to Adam and a sexual assault of RZ. Adam's admission to the authorities that he was masturbating to *advertiser censored* on his phone hit me as all kinds of weird, weird, weird. Plus there was other evidence that might suggest something sexual occurred. However, the completely off-the-wall elaborateness with which Rebecca's murder was staged doesn't lend itself to a rape + murder, even if the rapist/murderer wanted to stage the scene to look like a suicide. There's just too much going on at that death scene to make sense of.

I agree with bourne (per his/her posts on closed thread) about the essence of Dina's personality. She appears to suffer from a virtual buffet of personality disorders. I think I just have a hard time imagining a woman doing to RZ what was done to her - which is my own issue and has really nothing to do with the evidence at the scene.

Well stated. Also, let's address the current updates. Dina states in video 3 (link below) that she doesn't think Rebecca killed herself. In addition, Greer stated in the press conference that same day that there were "surprises" to yet be released.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...a-Zahau-Wrongful-Death-Lawsuit-419992733.html

Also, any members remember the video news report with Ted Greenburg where he mentions the day he picked up Ocean? The news program was quick to state he may have been the last person to see her, however, I find it interesting that he mentioned seeing a woman in a car parked out front that did't get out of the car until he left. I'll look for link, some of the early reports are hard to find. But this article had video and had stated the woman sitting in the car information.

Thank ((((You)))) Sitrick & Co... *claps*.... You have a patent on paid posting. We have the hate Rebecca and defend JS DS posters. We have the venerate Rebecca and vilify Dina posters. And I must say... your RZ is a saint and DS is the devil posters had me fooled.

wow, I must have totally missed that! I did see somewhere Ted stated that Rebecca filled out her paperwork for ocean in 'all capital' letters.
Also, any members remember the video news report with Ted Greenburg where he mentions the day he picked up Ocean? The news program was quick to state he may have been the last person to see her, however, I find it interesting that he mentioned seeing a woman in a car parked out front that did't get out of the car until he left. I'll look for link, some of the early reports are hard to find. But this article had video and had stated the woman sitting in the car information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadstrangepod
Back