Who Has Heard Burke's Voice on The 911 Tape?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Have You Heard Burke's Voice on 911 Tape??

• YES

Votes: 115 44.7%
  • NO

Votes: 82 31.9%
  • NOT SURE

Votes: 60 23.3%

• Total voters
I’m going to be very interested in hearing which version of the 911 recording they start with on the CBS documentary. I really hope they cover the first part of the call as well as the end that everyone talks about. The most complete version of the recording that has been made public is the one Tricia got and is loaded on ACR (

Yes I noticed P Woodward's posted version of the 911 ran short.
22 seconds missing is a big chunk.

Greetings, Sunshine4Me, and welcome to WS.

You should go back and read some of the older posts in this and the other thread on the 911 call. I tried (with my amateur limitations) to clean up the recording. You might find the following post helpful. It has that link and a link to a document that shows what I believe is the best transcript.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Voice-on-The-911-Tape&p=12153184#post12153184

Thanks for bumping all the great resources!

Only thing I interpret differently is the very beginning of the call. I think PR hears "911 Emergency" and interrupts immediately with "Hurry we need (gasping breath) POLICE." She then gives the address as the dispatcher tries to ask what the emergency is. JMO! There is definitely talking in the background just before this, though.

I've always found it interesting that PR hung up (or thought she did) on the 911 dispatcher. On one hand (RDI), it could suggest she made the call as planned and wanted to get off quickly (possibly due to background conversation or just not wanting to say too much). On the other hand (IDI), she could have just been panicking and genuinely confused/scared.

I mention this because the dispatcher likely (obviously?) wanted to keep her on the line while the patrolmen were in route; and in a lot of ways you would think PR would have wanted to talk to her more about what the note said and ask her own questions. I'm surprised the dispatcher didn't call her back (or did she try and the line was busy?) to ask more about the note.

The preview of the documentary coming up at the end of the month shows they interviewed the dispatcher and it is presented in a way that leads you to believe she is going to reveal something we've never heard. I'm very curious about what she has to say (apparently she was never interviewed before this doc).

Another thing I would be interested in knowing is whether PR correctly hang up the phone after the gaff or did the dispatcher disconnect??).

The first impression I got after hearing the original, unredacted 911 call was that when PR said, at the end "Oh my God! Oh my God!" it was the tone of someone who is about to be hurt or about to witness someone being hurt. I thought that JR was either going after her or BR and most likely her which is why she called all the friends - for her protection until LE got there.

Sick I know. Maybe he was going after BR.

When JR said in the interview last night that it was laughable that anyone could think that 9 year old BR, all 60 lbs of him could possibly inflict that kind of injury I almost jumped out of my chair. Has he never been to a little league game where those bats are swung with tremendous force?

Springrain (lovely username, BTW), I’m not sure which recording you’ve listened to. There are two versions that have been made public. One has the first part of the recording completely erased. The other one includes all of the beginning (which is usually transcribed as “inaudible”) and part of the end which has a portion that has had an obvious attempt at erasure. But the attempt at erasure was not complete, and the beginning portion of the conversation between Burke and John can be heard. The portion that can be heard is enough that if you are able to discern the words you’ll recognize it as the sound of words spoken by a young child.

If you care to look into this further, try the following:

First listen to the version that was received by Tricia (our fearless leader) and posted on Acandyrose.com.
http://www.acandyrose.com/patsy911-FFJ.mp3

I copied it to here (in case it ever disappears from there):
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/7b1w6sajt516nbm/patsy911-FFJ.mp3

I used audio editing software to clean up some of the background noise (ambient sound, machine buzz, and the 911 operator’s keyboard clicking at the end). Here is the result:
http://mfi.re/listen/uoudcwjx9w3c2op/patsy911-FFJ_(2013_Cleanup).mp3

I also have a Word document that shows what is commonly transcribed next to what I feel is a more accurate transcription, and next to that are explanations and comments. But by all means don’t read this document until you’ve had a chance to listen for yourself first. After you’ve listened, then listen again and read along with the transcription to see if you can hear any of the background conversation at the beginning and at the end. Here is the transcription document:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/fxa8mxqlmq5blu1/911 Transcript (otg version).doc

Any version that has the first and/or the last portions completely cut off is not worth fooling with (IMO). There is a version floating around that begins with Patsy saying, “Police!” There are others that have both the beginning and the end cut off. Years ago, NBC did a segment on this and played the 911 call. Both the beginning and the end were cut off and replaced with Katie Couric’s voiceover. Here is that recording:
http://mfi.re/listen/li6toa3419blg7k/patsy911_(Today_show).mp3

Wow, excellent sleuthing work otg in cleaning up the audio, especially with Burke's voice at the beginning, and your transcriptions. I didnt know this version of the 911. tape existed. This is huge, as it shows the deception from the beginning, involving all 3 family members. On the newly released video of Burke's interview, he appears to be extremely fidgety and does not look at the investigator, highly indicative of deception imo.

ETA...see next post.

No it isn't. He was just a child being a child. When I was a child and I was forced to speak to adults in a similar context (principal's office for example) I'd do the same, fidget, move on my chair, look away, and I bet many children do it as well, does not imply they murdered anybody or know crucial information.

On second thought, you are right. However, if it is indeed Burke on the 911 tape, he was not truthful.

Patsy appears to say what sounds like "they're going to arrest me" at the end of the recording

Tell ya’ what... Let’s try this...

I think hearing these subtle voices is like hearing a specific sound in a piece of music. When you listen to a musical recording you hear the tune, the melody, the overall sound with all the instruments coming together to make one single “sound”. But if you listen for, let’s say, the bass guitar in a band’s recording, you have to “tune out” the other sounds in order to distinguish it from the others. But once you’ve distinguished it and picked it out from the other sounds, you know what to listen for and you can hear it easily when you listen again. Another example would be looking for Waldo in a puzzle picture (That’s “Where’s Wally” for the Brits). Once you’ve found where in the picture he’s located, you have no problem seeing him the next time you look at the same picture.

To help anyone who wants to know what to listen for in the 911 recording, I isolated and looped just Patsy’s “Help me Jesus”. In the following clip, listen for the repeated sound of Patsy saying these words. Listen for the rhythm, the cadence, the pitch. It is repeated six times in this clip. Once you’ve heard it and know what to listen for, try listening again to the end of the 911 call while reading the transcript showing where it occurs. Here is that clip (the clicking sound is the 911 operator’s typing, which I tried to tone down without affecting the rest of the sound):
http://mfi.re/listen/g8oycfnkdir7bfb/patsy911_-_Help_Me_Jesus_(looped_6_times).mp3

I did the same thing with Burke’s voice for those having difficulty hearing it. It’s him saying the words, “What did you...” (which is the point where the rest of the conversation was erased). That phrase is looped six times so you can (hopefully) know what to listen for at the end of the 911 recording. Here is that clip:
http://mfi.re/listen/60w74aj4ofu8fjt/patsy911_-_WhatDidYou_(looped_6_times).mp3

I hope this helps. Someone -- anyone -- PLEASE tell me you hear it for the first time! It really would make my day.

OMG - I heard it for the first time. I can hear Patty and I can hear Burke. Thank you so much for doing that.

I'm using Logitech headphones. This is legit the first time I ever heard that.

In the CBS trailer, you can hear JR say "we're not speaking to you" in enhanced audio.

But I had no idea that there was a portion of the 911 tape missing.

If the portion of the call that is missing begins immediately after the words "what did you...", then can't we now logically conclude that this was not an erasure, but rather redacted and withheld from the public by law enforcement?

OMG - I heard it for the first time. I can hear Patty and I can hear Burke. Thank you so much for doing that.

I'm using Logitech headphones. This is legit the first time I ever heard that.
Sabra, you made my day.:happydance:

Tell ya’ what... Let’s try this...

I think hearing these subtle voices is like hearing a specific sound in a piece of music. When you listen to a musical recording you hear the tune, the melody, the overall sound with all the instruments coming together to make one single “sound”. But if you listen for, let’s say, the bass guitar in a band’s recording, you have to “tune out” the other sounds in order to distinguish it from the others. But once you’ve distinguished it and picked it out from the other sounds, you know what to listen for and you can hear it easily when you listen again. Another example would be looking for Waldo in a puzzle picture (That’s “Where’s Wally” for the Brits). Once you’ve found where in the picture he’s located, you have no problem seeing him the next time you look at the same picture.

To help anyone who wants to know what to listen for in the 911 recording, I isolated and looped just Patsy’s “Help me Jesus”. In the following clip, listen for the repeated sound of Patsy saying these words. Listen for the rhythm, the cadence, the pitch. It is repeated six times in this clip. Once you’ve heard it and know what to listen for, try listening again to the end of the 911 call while reading the transcript showing where it occurs. Here is that clip (the clicking sound is the 911 operator’s typing, which I tried to tone down without affecting the rest of the sound):
http://mfi.re/listen/g8oycfnkdir7bfb/patsy911_-_Help_Me_Jesus_(looped_6_times).mp3

I did the same thing with Burke’s voice for those having difficulty hearing it. It’s him saying the words, “What did you...” (which is the point where the rest of the conversation was erased). That phrase is looped six times so you can (hopefully) know what to listen for at the end of the 911 recording. Here is that clip:
http://mfi.re/listen/60w74aj4ofu8fjt/patsy911_-_WhatDidYou_(looped_6_times).mp3

I hope this helps. Someone -- anyone -- PLEASE tell me you hear it for the first time! It really would make my day.
Chills. OMG. That's the first time I actually heard BR. WOW.

After watching the 2 part series of The Case of JonBenet Ramsey i found it fascinating that the investigators said they are sure they heard what sound to be a young male voice (IMO its Burkes voice) saying "What did you find"? I noticed that when they showed the interview from years ago of young Burke and they ask him what he did when he heard commotion in the house and he said he stayed in bed but then he also says i asked "What did you find?".

I hear it- clear as day. You are a genius OTG- and I have an IPhone with a waterproof case which distorts everything and didn't use earphones. Thank you.

I hear it- clear as day. You are a genius OTG- and I have an IPhone with a waterproof case which distorts everything and didn't use earphones. Thank you.

Wow it's heard clear as day. Patsy's was a bit harder to hear but Burke's voice is clearly on it. I'm going with CBS on this theory. That is absolutely Burke's voice. Between that, the cobwebs in the Windows and the bowl of pineapples, plus the note, something smells fishes at the Ramsey house. Pineapples and milk is such a weird mix anyways

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back