Who is E. Gonzalez?TEXT MESSAGING INFO

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are always discrepancies even in the testimony of truthful witnesses because people are human and have faulty memories.

Someone called EG from KC's phone at 00:12 on July 16, as you mentioned above. EG texted back "Hey did you call :)," which she now inaccurately (but understandably) remembers as her "calling back." She got a call from the deputy right away. And yes, the deputy would no doubt be able to testify to this, but most likely this "discrepancy" will simply never be mentioned in court because it's so easy to resolve.

Police reports contain typos for the same reason--the officers are human and make mistakes. The sentence "She also knows of one named Jennifer Rosa or Raquel Farrell" obviously should read, "She also knows of NO one named Jennifer Rosa or Raquel Farrell." Again, this will never come up in court. At most, EG might be asked in a deposition if she knows JR or RF. She will say no. JB/CM might say, "Did you tell LE something different?" and show her the report, and she will say, "No. I guess that's a typo," and it will never be mentioned again.

We know that there was a deputy using KC's phone at about that time. He spoke to several people who were contacted by or attempted to contact KC late that night. Considering KC's story, obviously someone had to "man" that phone for potential contacts from the "perps" while KC was being questioned. What if KC had called EG at 00:12 to demand that she return Caylee, and EG was returning that call (by text) at 00:25? Should the deputy have called EG from his work phone at 00:27? Would a kidnapper have answered an immediate call-back from an unfamiliar phone? Nothing hinky about using KC's phone to ensure witnesses would answer--but yes, LE needs to know what time they took control of the phone and what time they released it, IF they intend to say anything about calls/texts made by KC that night.

Everything you explain makes sense but I'd sure be alot happier if things tended to match up with what people say. I'm just thinking that the series of calls/texts on a night like that (when you learn a friend's child is missing) would be engraved in my brain.

And I really do think they should find the deputy or his record of receiving calls on that phone to dispel any question because it is a death penalty case. Go the extra step and make everything clear as a bell.

Erica did not place the call at 0027. That means the deputy called her back as a result of EG's earlier text? Then for EG's protection, there should be a record of the deputies initiation. If LE knew that, why did they go question EG on May 25, 2010? Why not find their own police records to explain about those calls/texts? I'd be upset if I had the same last name as a suspect, had spoken to a deputy on the eve of the perps arrest because he called me but there was no record of my side of the story - just say'n.

Everything you explain makes sense but I'd sure be alot happier if things tended to match up with what people say. I'm just thinking that the series of calls/texts on a night like that (when you learn a friend's child is missing) would be engraved in my brain.

And I really do think they should find the deputy or his record of receiving calls on that phone to dispel any question because it is a death penalty case. Go the extra step and make everything clear as a bell.

Erica did not place the call at 0027. That means the deputy called her back as a result of EG's earlier text? Then for EG's protection, there should be a record of the deputies initiation. If LE knew that, why did they go question EG on May 25, 2010? Why not find their own police records to explain about those calls/texts? I'd be upset if I had the same last name as a suspect, had spoken to a deputy on the eve of the perps arrest because he called me but there was no record of my side of the story - just say'n.

IIRC there is no question of "finding" the deputy. I believe the deputy's contact with witnesses that night was documented in the LE reports. I doubt LE questioned EG in May 2010 to find out why she received a call from KC's phone that night. I'm sure they were just going down the list of people who might or might not have anything to tell them about KC. After all, EG was working at one of the places where KC was "searching for Caylee."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnaNikiSB