who is this unidentified young girl? jumped/thrown from vehicle in AZ, 1999

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I remember reading this information about the people picking her up. I think I even posted a comment about it back when we were discussing it. That is why I have thought from then on that she was in fear of her life and just wanted out of that car at all cost. Maybe she didnt ask for a ride at the store maybe they lured her into their car, and when she got the chance she tried to get away. It is ridiculous for the people investigating the case to think she just FOR NO REASON FLUNG HERSELF OUT OF A CAR ON A HIGHWAY. Those people were up to no good. I just want to know how far from the store where they picked her up did she jump? 2 miles 5 miles 10-20 ? That would be interesting to know. Also I think the Maricopa police page on her is just old and outdated info it is probably the original information that was posted when it first happended. They really should update if. People just coming into the case think that they are still the facts of the case. So usually when I first start looking at a thread on here and I want to post a comment I try to start at the begining and read through the Entire thing before I bring something up that has already been ruled out etc. It does seem to happen alot though, like on the Sharon Marshall thread and alot of others people bring up the same matches for people over and over

It takes a special kind of dedication to read 20 pages. I was listening to Michael Buble when I read through them all, and now anytime I hear him I think of this case.

<<A call to the Pinal County Sheriff's Office reveals that the male subject in the car has a criminal history, though exactly what for is not currently known.>>

aarrgghh!!! how can they "not know"...?? isn't this in the public records?? Can't they find out?? Isn't that their job?? So.. if the guy had previously been arrested/jailed for rape.. then that would shed some light on things now,, wouldn't it?? But, they are telling us that it's just some kind of unknowable mystery,, what the guy had previously been in trouble for?? Sheesh. Is there something I'm not getting here?

Also.. I wanted to remind everyone, when you are looking for a possible match (esp if you are looking way back, i.e., if she had been abducted as a young child).. to look for BROWN HAIR,, not blonde...... since she was found with brown ROOTS.

when I was searching around for girls to match w/ jane doe, (I cant see a date anywhere!!)I found this one.. But I tried googling/ searching her name on a few sites and havent found nothing yet (but will keep searching) would like to know what date she went missing..... Just incase she would match up with someone else if anything... I just wonder if this is old info or something??

http://texasequusearch.org/missing_persons/MorganMunson.htm

I tried searching for more info on Morgan too...nothing. I was wondering...could she have been one of the many people displaced by Hurricane Katrina? It says that she was last seen boarding a Greyhound bus to Houston, TX from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I know TX hosted a lot of Katrina victims, and a lot of people were reported missing when loved ones couldn't get in touch with them. It was pretty chaotic for a while, and Louisiana never had a great missing persons clearinghouse to begin with.

I just read up on this thread the last couple days. I hope this girl can be identified.

Also.. I wanted to remind everyone, when you are looking for a possible match (esp if you are looking way back, i.e., if she had been abducted as a young child).. to look for BROWN HAIR,, not blonde...... since she was found with brown ROOTS.

Yeah, I try not to go by hair color because it can change so easily. She could have also been blonde as a child and then her hair grew darker as she got older (my mom has medium-dark brown hair now but was a towhead - very blonde - as a child). And then she could have decided to dye it back to blonde.

I tried searching for more info on Morgan too...nothing. I was wondering...could she have been one of the many people displaced by Hurricane Katrina? It says that she was last seen boarding a Greyhound bus to Houston, TX from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I know TX hosted a lot of Katrina victims, and a lot of people were reported missing when loved ones couldn't get in touch with them. It was pretty chaotic for a while, and Louisiana never had a great missing persons clearinghouse to begin with.

I just read up on this thread the last couple days. I hope this girl can be identified.

Okay I called and dont know anything new.. at first they were saying this person was not on the site.. but then she did find her listed... but couldnt find any birthdate info or when she was missing info..... said the case number was weird... she said it looked 'old' and I asked possibly from the 1990's and she said possibly... but really sounded like they didnt know anything.. sooooooooooo she said try to call the houston police, I had called the EquuSearch place ... I'm kinda gettin scared of calling.. everyone ask "who I'm with?" i'm not sure what to say? I volunteer my time with others to help.......

ETA: she did say she didnt see Morgan Munson listed on they're memorial page.

Called the Houston Number that was listed and he said that wasnt a case number of they'res and houston/texas equasearch is run seperately....... So I dont know what to do from here.. He didnt give me any advice..

Okay I called and dont know anything new.. at first they were saying this person was not on the site.. but then she did find her listed... but couldnt find any birthdate info or when she was missing info..... said the case number was weird... she said it looked 'old' and I asked possibly from the 1990's and she said possibly... but really sounded like they didnt know anything.. sooooooooooo she said try to call the houston police, I had called the EquuSearch place ... I'm kinda gettin scared of calling.. everyone ask "who I'm with?" i'm not sure what to say? I volunteer my time with others to help.......

ETA: she did say she didnt see Morgan Munson listed on they're memorial page.

I wonder if Morgan is still missing. She's not listed anywhere else.

As far as what to say when making a call, Christine posted some good guidelines back in post 211:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1464875&postcount=211

When they ask who you're with, you can say you're a "volunteer case investigator for an online crime board" :)

ETA: Did you try contacting someone in Louisiana? She was reportedly last seen in Baton Rouge. When I google for missing in Louisiana I mostly get stuff about people missing from Hurricane Katrina...that's what caused me to think of the possible Hurricane Katrina connection with Morgan.

Here's a site with several missing people from Louisiana...I don't see Morgan on there but I wonder if the people running the site would know anything:
http://www.gokartsupply.com/kristi.htm

Here's a site for people missing from Katrina:
http://katrina.louisiana.gov/missing.htm

Baton Rouge Post newspaper:
http://story.batonrougepost.com/

Louisiana Department of Health and Human Services Louisiana Clearinghouse for Missing and Exploited Children
504-342-4011
http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-mc-stmisschildclearing.htm

Louisiana State Police
http://www.lsp.org/amber.html

"volunteer case investigator for an online crime board" See I only said volunteer....... So next time I know!

but I did not try to contact anyone from Louisiana... Tried to search for things online but didnt get anywhere...

but will be back tomorrow! Hopefully will find out something new!

I have seen her somewhere else.. Im trying to find it now.. I found it while I was looking for possible matches for this same unidentified girl also..

(seen the morgan girl on another site)

Welcome, Soonerbabie! (Are you from Oklahoma, too?)

Morgan does have quite a similar facial structure, but her hair looks very curly to me. Also, it seems they would have mentioned this girl had ears which slightly stick out. It is hard to tell in the morgue photo.

Okay called Lousiana... Gotta call back... the case number dont look right... but once I said her name, he said something like he might of seen something about her on tv or something.... so at least the name rings a bell... hopefully he can find a date for us!!!

ETA: called back... guess he called somewhere and is now waiting for a call back..... So whenever I hear something I'll let ya know!

Based on a couple pages I just found, I'm going to guess that Morgan Munson disappeared in 2003. Her info was posted on this site on Aug. 16, 2003:
http://p076.ezboard.com/fmissing87975frm76.showMessage?topicID=25.topic

and on the Equusearch index page, the missing persons are listed in roughly chronological order, from 2007 near the top, down to 2001 at the bottom. Morgan is listed near those who disappeared in 2003.
http://www.texasequusearch.org/missingpersonsbulletins.htm
(it's toward the bottom of the page)

If true, that would rule her out as Jane Doe, who was found in 1999.

I was thinking she was missing later than what Jane doe! just cant believe all the numbers listed to call about her, dont know anything, or wasnt they're case. I wonder if she's even still really missing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterbag