who is this unidentified young girl? jumped/thrown from vehicle in AZ, 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is now in the new "Unidentified" section. If you look at the top of the page after entering the thread, it should reflect the new location :)

its hard to tell each picture of April looks so different here is a computerized photo of AZ girl

Hi-I have been lurking on this one for a while...boy I really think she is young-like 13 or 14. I have been looking for runaways with dob of 1986 or 1985...

A few possibles maybe? Forgive me if you already posted some of these-

1.) Casey Rose Calhoun http://ca.missingkids.com/missingki...RCMP&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_CA&searchLang=en_CA

2.) Jolene Riendeau (I know the disappearance date doesn't match, but in the event it is wrong, she looks like a candidate.)
http://ca.missingkids.com/missingki...RCMP&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_CA&searchLang=en_CA

3.) Stephanie Leigh Lennartz-jaw and nose are right-says bilateral scars from clubfoot surgery.
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shadowlands/5229/missing.html

I don't think April Pennington could be a match just based on eye color- it says hers are hazel, the unidentified girl had blue eyes, same with Casey Bohun- she has brown eyes. I think the scars on the other girls feet would rule her out too, they would have been listed on the police info I think unless they were obscured somehow by injuries she got when she fell/was pushed from the car.

I was just rereading some of this thread earlier, and I think that the story of this girl being a runaway is probably the truth. At the time this girl was found, I knew a few kids who had run away from home, and I used to hang out a bit in the same parts of my towns "downtown" area where the homeless kids used to live and spend all their time.
I do remember specifically a few of the kids getting in a bit of trouble and the police checking their names in their system for runaway/ warrants/ other notes and nothing showing up (something should have). I think it is relatively common for teenagers to run away from parents house or foster care (or get kicked out of the house by their parents )and that not to be either reported to the authorities or for the police to be able to investigate very thoroughtly.
Also it doesn't really look like runaways are, for the most part, put into any of the national databases. I am not sure about that, but I expect a lot of runaways wouldn't be in any database except a local one?

I hope I did that right..lol.

Ok, I'm just a lurker here, but I was wondering if anybody has brought up this little girl. Her name is Lindsay Johnson. I know she's on the young side but I thought I would throw it out there just in case. I would also like to add that I have no idea what I'm doing here so if this is a far fetched idea... :blushing: I think the nose, mouth, chin area look quite similar.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=2&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I also just have to say that I am in awe of what you guys do.

Jen

I superimposed the photo of this Jane Doe with Melissa Lee Brannen and saw a lot of similarities. MED EX from Maricopa says Melissa was already ruled out as a possible match, though. But one thing she did say that I found interesting is that there were superficial injuries all over JD's body (presumably from the fall) that made it hard to tell about if she had a burn scar on her right forearm. My conclusion is that no one should rule out a possible match because of a minor scar, because it may not have been visible after the fall.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brannen_melissa.html

Warning Morgue photo below

Thanks you guys for continuing to look for her. I literally think about her every single day.

Zanko, thanks for the additional morgue photo I have not seen before. The closeup to me shows her nose clearly broken, which maybe makes going by nose a little more difficult. Does anyone know if all of her injuries were attributed to the fall, or if some occurred prior to? Like was she beaten up and thrown out of the car, or she was being beaten and jumped?

It also makes me somewhat more convinced she was on the younger side of the age range rather than older, even though she was 5'4".

This is completely off topic, but I wanted to start out by saying that you all are doing a fantastic job in attempting to identify this beautiful Jane Doe. It's such a shame that her life had to end this way.

I have a hard time with the actual morgue photos of the victims. I am wondering if any of you feel the same way or are you "hardened" to it by now. I don't know why, but I get spooked even seeing artists renditions of UID's, if that makes any sense.

I'd love to help with UID's in any way possible (I'm an expert Photoshop user and graphic artist), but the morgue images and some drawings/renditions are just too much for me to handle... :(

Does anyone else feel the same way or have tips to overcome this?

Zanko, thanks for the additional morgue photo I have not seen before. The closeup to me shows her nose clearly broken, which maybe makes going by nose a little more difficult. Does anyone know if all of her injuries were attributed to the fall, or if some occurred prior to? Like was she beaten up and thrown out of the car, or she was being beaten and jumped?

It also makes me somewhat more convinced she was on the younger side of the age range rather than older, even though she was 5'4".

I can't bring myself to look at the additional morgue photo.

From the one morgue photo that I did see, I'd say that she's probably between 13-15 years of age. She still has that "little girl" face, if you know what I mean.

This jane doe was the first ever Unidentified deceased person I ever saw.. and of coarse its sad, when you sit there and read about what availble information there is to know about her, and then to see her picture.. its hard to describe my feelings.. its harder for me reading about tragic endings of peoples lives, knowing they're nameless,'alone/lost, and missing from somewhere.. than it is to see the pictures... (i've seen way worse graphic stuff on tv, of coarse that wasnt real) but things effect people differently.. I feel it helps me when i'm flipping through missing persons info/pictures.. but after awhile I guess i'm use to it? i'm not sure..i've never had a nightmare or anything like that.. but definately do what you feel comfortable doing.. Some people here dont look at those morgue photo's at all. but I guess when it comes to pictures, I do okay viewing those, its the stories that I have to kinda turn into a block of ice to get through..

but I think alot of these sketches just dont do the unidentified cases justice.. some just look nothing like the deceased person.. ... and some of them are so bad, I think it would be better to just not have a sketch at all.. I mean sometimes some of these sketches seem more accurate when there's only a skull to work with..
!

This is completely off topic, but I wanted to start out by saying that you all are doing a fantastic job in attempting to identify this beautiful Jane Doe. It's such a shame that her life had to end this way.

I have a hard time with the actual morgue photos of the victims. I am wondering if any of you feel the same way or are you "hardened" to it by now. I don't know why, but I get spooked even seeing artists renditions of UID's, if that makes any sense.

I'd love to help with UID's in any way possible (I'm an expert Photoshop user and graphic artist), but the morgue images and some drawings/renditions are just too much for me to handle... :(

Does anyone else feel the same way or have tips to overcome this?

I had not seen a morgue photo until I joined this board-I thought it would devastate me, but in a way there is a terrible beauty-I just want to breathe some life into them one last time to have them tell us what we need to know to help get them home...I know it sounds weird. You can see that this girl had lovely eyes, and for all the hardness she may have known, that "little girl face" is still there...but it makes me determined to find her place if it is possible. Looking through all the missing person and runaway boards is what really gets to me....where are all these people?

Hey this is Lanie's daughter. I've been looking around on Websleuths after I would hear my mom talking about it. I have been particularly interested in this girl and made her a myspace account when I saw the Princess Blue myspace. If y'all could give it a look and maybe add it that would be great. I try to get on it as much as I can to work on it and try to help.

http://www.myspace.com/bringmehome1
That's the direct link to it.
Maybe adding her and getting the word out could possibly help.
I'll try to keep it as updated as I can.

Thank you,
-K

In the Jane Doe's morgue picture, it appears if you look real close at the right ear that her ear is pierced? Does anyone else see this?
Maybe, this will help in identifying her or exclude others that don't have pierced ears if that is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela