Who is Vasco Thompson?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Actually, it wasn't his first day, although we thought for a long time that it was, and I was trying to figure out why he had been driving down that way on July 9. But eventually we saw his records from his new job, and he had started before July 9 (not long before--I don't remember the exact day).

ETA: My notes say he started July 7.

ETA2: And yes, his assignment was in Celebration.

Just be careful AZlawyer, let's hope the defense doesn't get your number. You can sink their case so easily. Good job on last Sunday's radio show!

Even if it doesn't get in, his name, face and criminal profile have now been on every talking head show. Ugh

I'm still laughing that this guy's name is really Vasco Dagama Thompson! ONly in Florida do you find a criminal with a Portuguese explorer's name..............Vasco Da Gama!!!!! ay yi yi!!!

I remember learning about him centuries ago when I was still in elementary school:lol:

Even if it doesn't get in, his name, face and criminal profile have now been on every talking head show. Ugh

I believe that was the point of it and I believe the defense knows this whole thing is bogus. I think this was a strategic leak by the defense to get George riled up before he takes the stand and make it more likely that he will lose his temper during questioning and show it to the jury. They have had George's phone records for almost 3 years now, if their people haven't checked them out until now and they are trying to pin this on him then they are more stupid than I thought.

ETA: and the only reason they are claiming to have just now come across this information is to have an excuse why they haven't deposed him yet. Then they can claim they didn't know it was a mistake in the database. Damage will already be done, VT's face and record are all over, George's image (in their minds) is tarnished in the public eye and he is REALLY TICKED when he comes into court.

After the defense team tried to contact Mr. VT and he wouldn't respond to them, Mr. VT reported them to LE.

Hmmm, if he had something to hide, would he contact LE? :waitasec:

Vasco da Gama. Where have I heard that name before? Oh, yes, in a previous life. We were great buddies. :D

I missed your post -- and here with all the definitive reporting and I actually read the one page addition, but I didn't catch that it was only posted there and contained no time stamp till I went to get it to say he filed it to another poster and said, whhhhhoaaaaah, wait -- there is NO TIME STAMP!

I have been busy rolling on the floor all day and your to blame too -- my goodness, we are a funny motley crew of 'idiot bloggers!'

The good news is: I am still smarter and faster than Jose and I can even spell and use correct grammar..........if I want to!
Nights all -- gotta get up early and have enough coffee to stomach the Hoax of the day.......whoops, I mean Day 20 of the trial.

bbm :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
stop stop stop!! ..this thread has been something else.. you guys are killing me...laughed so hard i almost woke up 12 yr old dd in the next room! vasco fiasco, omg. only this seriously addicted group could look forward to tomorrow's charade with such wit and wisdom....you've all made me forget how torqued I am as a FL taxpayer...glad we're all in this together..:blowkiss:

This is disgusting. And it once again proves to me that they have NADA!

For those of you who think JB got this from my posts long long ago, I honestly don't think I ever posted about it publicly, because I concluded that the guy was not involved. So I didn't want to drag his name into it.

Thanks wasn't enough, AZ. Your contributions here go so far above and beyond!
Caylee has so many fine folks who have taken up her cause. :heartbeat:

Nite, all, 'til the morrow..

you're absolutely right donnam, the damage has been done. He's already been out there coast to coast and around the world. IF he needs an attorney, I suggest AZlawyer - WS top legal eagle!

I had a choice tonight, either tune in and watch those crazy coupon clippers who shop and try to buy the most food for the least amount of money and then store it in their panty till it is out of date, or visit Websleuths. I'm glad I came here, this has been much more humorous and no one had to clip one coupon or make a fool of themselves at the grocery store check out.

jmo

The letter-writer? There were at least 2 of them, both with the last name Jackson IIRC. :)

Too many details in this case...

My favortie Jackson was the one who wrote, for the world to read, about Casey's "virginia." :floorlaugh:

This thread ranks right up there with Casey's virginia thread... I am dying of laughter and I am extremely late to the party.

Okay please help me?

This thread is on page 38. I did read the first 3 or 4 and then clicked to the last couple.

What crimes did Vasco commit in the past? Do we have links to his criminal history?

Just curious. Thanks :)!

Okay please help me?

This thread is on page 38. I did read the first 3 or 4 and then clicked to the last couple.

What crimes did Vasco commit in the past? Do we have links to his criminal history?

Just curious. Thanks :)!

I know there was a link in the first few pages, I'll see if I can find it. He spent time in jail for kidnapping his ex girlfriend and has other charges I believe. HTH!

ETA: found him
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/InmateReleases/detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list&SessionID=23082150

Sure. I saw the calls and texts in George's cell phone records:

George called 407-4*5-3082 on July 9, 2008 when he had to drive down to Celebration, FL for an assignment for his brand-new job that started July 7 (Andrews International). Then George texted the number July 14 at 10:22 am, when he was supposed to be travelling again for an assignment but supposedly was thwarted by a traffic accident (that's another sleuthing story in itself). George received a short (12-character) response text from this number at 1:32 pm, and responded again by text at 2:49 pm. The number then called George July 19 at 11:08 am--probably George's work trying to figure out when and if he would be returning to his job--and texted him on July 24 at 5:32 pm.

If you look up the number in SOME public record databases, it comes up as belonging to Vasco Thompson. But if you look up Vasco Thompson, much more often you find the number 407-2*6-3082 (and once it showed up as 407-2*6-3802). So more than likely this is VT's real number, and there was a screw-up at some point that caused the "4*5" number to get associated with him.

I bet if someone reminds George that he was communicating with his employer at the time about travelling for assignments, he would remember who it was. For that matter, maybe the person still has that same phone number and would answer if someone called.

I tried to PM you the complete # but you are not set to accept PMs.

AZlawyer, thank you!! You rock!!:rocker:

I can't believe the Defense is actually gonna put this guy on....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

For those of you who think JB got this from my posts long long ago, I honestly don't think I ever posted about it publicly, because I concluded that the guy was not involved. So I didn't want to drag his name into it.

Hmmm. I thought I read about this here before I joined WS. :waitasec: And that the calls were actually to GA's workplace after all.

:dunno: My gosh my memory on this case is horrid anymore! Whatever it was I'm remembering, I'm remembering that it was much ado about nothing, that's for sure.

Thanks for your amazing sleuthing, AZLawyer! :heartluv: I don't know what we'd do without you around here. I don't even want to think about it. :nono:

I read about half this thread and I can tell you exactly what Judge Perry is going to say when he rules on the motion: "You've had three years to write your witness list. You told me there were no more witnesses. Hell, NO! Y'all lied to me again!

I read about half this thread and I can tell you exactly what Judge Perry is going to say when he rules on the motion: "You've had three years to write your witness list. You told me there were no more witnesses. Hell, NO! Y'all lied to me again!

I agree! The only other thing I can think might happen is they will remove him as a witness tomorrow without bringing it up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaHAu
Back