DNA Solves

Who Killed Jon Benet Ramsey? POLL

• John

Votes: 124 8.4%
  • Patsy

Votes: 547 37.2%
  • Burke

Votes: 340 23.1%
  • An Intruder, (anyone including someone known to them)

Votes: 459 31.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would the thought process be for them to decide on something like a garrote? It's obscure. To make it seem more foreign-y to complement the RN?

I think that was part of it, yes. The RN suggested foreign terrorists, the kind John would have been informed about during his Navy service. He was in the Philippines at a time when a lot of groups were waging war against the Marcos gov't. Garrotes were used and US servicemen were trained in them. Add to that, the Philippines were once part of the Spanish Empire, and Spain was using the garrote as a method of execution right up until Franco died in 1975, long after the other European powers had abandoned it.

I think the other parts were:

1) to provide an obvious, unmistakable means of death;

2) to use something that didn't make noise or make a bloody mess;

3) to use something that would allow them to do it without looking at her face or touching her.

And then make it with Patsy's own paintbrush? It doesn't make sense.

Even leaving out the possibility that they were trying to make it look like someone who knew them, they used what they had. I hate to seem like a smart-a$$, but whose paintbrush should they have used?

If they were wanting to cover up for BR, or PR, why did they even leave her in the house? If they wanted to cover it up and make it look like a kidnapping why didn't they just dispose of the body, then say the kidnappers killed her bc PR called the authorities and didn't comply w the demands in the RN?

Oh, sure, Patsy's gonna let her little pageant princess rot out in the open where every scavenger can have a go at her. Besides, how would they explain it if they were spotted?

Frankly, I don't know if they thought about all this stuff. They were throwing all kinds of s**t at the wall and hoping that some of those s**tballs would stick.

So many questions. I have so many questions and not enough answers. I just haven't seen enough yet to be convinced the RDI.

I can't speak for other people, but I'll answer any questions you have to the best of my ability.

What would the thought process be for them to decide on something like a garrote? It's obscure. To make it seem more foreign-y to complement the RN? And then make it with Patsy's own paintbrush? It doesn't make sense. If they were wanting to cover up for BR, or PR, why did they even leave her in the house? If they wanted to cover it up and make it look like a kidnapping why didn't they just dispose of the body, then say the kidnappers killed her bc PR called the authorities and didn't comply w the demands in the RN?

So many questions. I have so many questions and not enough answers. I just haven't seen enough yet to be convinced the RDI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theboysmom,
What would the thought process be for them to decide on something like a garrote?
We have to cover up what's happened here, so we can distance the family from her death. So they stage a crime-scene, using stuff close to hand, since they cannot walk to Macy's.

Everyone might do it differently, with their own take on how a homicide should look, think about those CSI corpses or the one's in Columbo, they all get portrayed differently.

I think some might be missing something here. Women don't commit suicide by damaging their faces. I would imagine Patsy didn't want to mess up her beautiful face so the coffin couldn't be open. The neck is easy to disguise. A head wound is too. Many other manners of death cause blood loss. I think Patsy was adamant that her face not be messed up. John with his naval background could have easily used the garrote method as Dave said to keep Patsy from loosing her **** even more than she probably already was.
Think back to the golf club wound that Burke inflicted on JB. They saw a plastic surgeon for that injury. Women are vain creatures including me.
If she had suffered a massive head wound from the hands of BR, then she was unconscious and couldn't have taken meds orally to over dose her. So probably John did the only thing he could do (or Patsy).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It had to be a quiet method so that "they" didn't attract attention or supposedly wake someone in the house. Garrotting is silent.

Can I change my vote? I voted PDI earlier.

For 19 years, almost to the day, I was positive it was Patsy. Once the snarky RN was released in September 1997, I was sure Patsy did it while in some delusional narcissistic psychosis or while in a rage over bed wetting.

But the CBS and Dr Phil shows now firmly put me in the BDI camp.

I even have to wonder if the garroting was done by BR. Perhaps he and JBR enjoyed some pineapple, after BR snuck down using the flashlight daddy used to put him to bed. Maybe he and JBR snuck down to the basement to look for more hidden presents. Perhaps that's where he got set off. Maybe he even tried to pull her by the arms after poking her with the train track. Maybe he put his knife there since it was a weapon he mentioned to the psychologist. Who knows - but any lawsuit by LW would open up more information, inclusive of the whole childhood interviews being released and JR's involvement, or lack of involvement, in the staging.

Kudos to CBS for its thorough analysis. And thank you CBS for adding the part about Boulder politics and Hunter's deliberately misleading announcement about the grand jury.

I think some might be missing something here. Women don't commit suicide by damaging their faces. I would imagine Patsy didn't want to mess up her beautiful face so the coffin couldn't be open. The neck is easy to disguise. A head wound is too. Many other manners of death cause blood loss. I think Patsy was adamant that her face not be messed up.

YES! I knew I forgot something. As you say, PositiveLight, this was Patsy's little pageant princess. And we all remember how much Patsy gushed over JonBenet looking "perfect" at her funeral.

John with his naval background could have easily used the garrote method as Dave said to keep Patsy from losing her **** even more than she probably already was.

Yes, Patsy was probably hanging by a thread, sanity-wise at that point.

Yes, Patsy was probably hanging by a thread, sanity-wise at that point.

If the theory of the CBS show is correct, I imagine she was close to insane. Her pagent princess who she would groom to enter the Miss America pagent, her beautiful delightful child had been killed by the gangly, skinny awkward boy that was Burke. Over jealousy and a piece of pineapple.

If the theory of the CBS show is correct, I imagine she was close to insane. Her pageant princess who she would groom to enter the Miss America pageant, her beautiful delightful child had been killed by the gangly, skinny awkward boy that was Burke. Over jealousy and a piece of pineapple.

That would affect anybody, for sure. Of course, that would apply if what I think happened happened.

What would the thought process be for them to decide on something like a garrote? It's obscure. To make it seem more foreign-y to complement the RN? And then make it with Patsy's own paintbrush? It doesn't make sense. If they were wanting to cover up for BR, or PR, why did they even leave her in the house? If they wanted to cover it up and make it look like a kidnapping why didn't they just dispose of the body, then say the kidnappers killed her bc PR called the authorities and didn't comply w the demands in the RN?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thinking is that they were trying to make it look like an adult did the killing. No one would believe a 9 year old made that weapon. As poorly as it was staged, they did a great job making Burke the least likely suspect.

If I had to chose one after watching the recent programs I'd say the kid did it all except the note writing and wiping down of the body, which was done by the mom. I'm not totally set on that though and still can't totally get past Patsy doing it, and her possibly putting doubt into John's mind that the boy may have done it.

And another one is announced:

Paula spent the morning in Boulder being interviewed for a documentary on the JonBenet Ramsey case. Renowned producer Lawrence Schiller​ is producing the documentary which will run on the @reelzchannel in mid-December. We will keep you updated on the premier date, it's been a very exciting day!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKmYD20AwNR/?taken-by=wehaveyourdtr

After how well all the JBR programming did in the ratings, I have no doubt we will see more programs being announced.

Upcoming is HLN, LIfetime, Sundance, and now Reelz.

My opinion is BDI. The parents covered it up. Patsy was hysterical and John was the cold, hard voice of pure logic. "This is our son. He is just a little kid-he didn't understand what he was doing. Do we trust the system to help him and not hurt him even more? Do we want him branded for the rest of his life? We can do what needs to be done to help him better than any public system. We have lost one child for gods sake let's not lose another."

He gave PR the job of the RN while he handled the rest. Burke is in his bed where he ran after hitting JBR. They never talked to him about it and have pretended to him for 20 years that she was kidnapped and murdered by a stranger. They do get him therapy however and keep him sheltered and isolated. He knows in his heart though.

I think Burke did it and then the parents tried to think quick and cover it up.

John Ramsey broke the window previously as he told police, but he never quite got around to getting it fixed. It had been playing on his mind recently, and lying awake at night sometimes his mind wandered to scenarios such as an intruder breaking in and even worse kidnapping his celebrity daughter JonBenet. He thought about how he had read there were so many sex predators in the area that might do things, and how it would be all his fault if they did. By morning such wild scenarios seemed extremely unlikely, but he still had to get around to having that window fixed. So that scenario probably already occurred to him.

Burke was eating the pineapple and Jonbenet stole a piece. Maybe she knocked over the bowl and all the pieces fell on the ground.... this could make him extremely angry and lash out violently. So he hit her with a hard object, he thought it would be like the golf club before (after which she was fine).

When Burke hit Jonbenet, she collapsed and Burke's demeanour quickly changed and he cried out for mommy. Patsy found Jonbenet, knew she was dead and wailed and mourned. Patsy had images of the headlines the next day on what happened to the beauty queen pageant Christmas day, butchered like Jamie Bulgar, by her own brother, and how Burke would be taken away forever. John woke up or maybe Patsy called him and his first half-asleep instinct was an intruder. Then when he realized what had happened, like Patsy he was extremely afraid of losing both his children. So the first thing that came to his mind was let's pretend an intruder did it.

It may seem a bit strange to accuse mature professional adults of being influenced by movies, but it can happen to us all. Instead of doing the straightforward thing of owning the mistake but fully protecting their son, or even staging some sort of accident, they went the totally dramatic route. Watching so many movies he had a warped perception of how rare/likely this scenario is. Whoever wrote the ransom note was certainly heavily influenced by movies as from the quotes in it, and there were a lot of movie posters around the house. Sometimes people come up with things late at night that seem totally daft the next morning. But once they had done this, they felt compelled to stick with it.

I can only think that the reason they gave that specific amount of amount in the ransom note was that John was trying to make it seem like the "foreign faction" had private information that only he should have had access to, so trying to put on they were this sophisticated group that had infiltrated many levels and had a lot of resources. But this would run counter to the "neighbourhood " theory, which is the only serious competing theory.

A lot of people crack under police pressure (which is to their credit, only a complete psychopath can live out a lie forever). The Ramseys felt morally vindicated because most of what they were saying was correct "I did not kill my child", and then they only had to remember a couple of things about finding the ransom note and the easiest thing was that Burke was asleep the whole time. They told Burke to say that he was asleep the whole time.

But even if we're 99%+ sure, it's still not 100%. The justice system shouldn't convict on 99% certainty. I would have to say though the most ridiculous thing of all that happened was the "letter of apology" to the Ramseys that "exonerated" them based on the DNA. That was quite the kick in the teeth to the remains of Jonbenet Ramsey.

My opinion is BDI. The parents covered it up. Patsy was hysterical and John was the cold, hard voice of pure logic. "This is our son. He is just a little kid-he didn't understand what he was doing. Do we trust the system to help him and not hurt him even more? Do we want him branded for the rest of his life? We can do what needs to be done to help him better than any public system. We have lost one child for gods sake let's not lose another."

He gave PR the job of the RN while he handled the rest. Burke is in his bed where he ran after hitting JBR. They never talked to him about it and have pretended to him for 20 years that she was kidnapped and murdered by a stranger. They do get him therapy however and keep him sheltered and isolated. He knows in his heart though.

I'm thinking Burke did more than hit JBR.

It had to be a quiet method so that "they" didn't attract attention or supposedly wake someone in the house. Garrotting is silent.

The paint brush at the end of the rope is odd. What killer takes the time to make this? Thinking about it today, did someone in the home have arthritis of one hand that would have made it difficult to close the hand around the rope? Why only a part of a paint brush at only one end of the rope? Something is definitely wrong with BR.

They never talked to a 9 year old about the FBI interrogating him over a murder their entire future depended on? I would have to disagree, I would say they coached him extensively on it, particularly that he was asleep the entire time which made his story very straightforward. That no matter what, no matter how tired/hungry/guilty he felt, that he absolutely wasn't there, that he was asleep in his bedroom the whole time.

Oh definitely. This is why it's so long and silly also, Patsy was fretting and her mind was racing, she was trying to be as useful as possible and to keep working. John told her to just sit there and write the ransom note. Patsy asked John how much she should put the ransom for, John thought for a bit and thought it would seem creepy if the intruders knew financial details about him, while misdirecting the police from the Ramseys themselves having written it in a reverse kind of way.

I think Burke did it and then the parents tried to think quick and cover it up.

John Ramsey broke the window previously as he told police, but he never quite got around to getting it fixed. It had been playing on his mind recently, and lying awake at night sometimes his mind wandered to scenarios such as an intruder breaking in and even worse kidnapping his celebrity daughter JonBenet. He thought about how he had read there were so many sex predators in the area that might do things, and how it would be all his fault if they did. By morning such wild scenarios seemed extremely unlikely, but he still had to get around to having that window fixed. So that scenario probably already occurred to him.

Burke was eating the pineapple and Jonbenet stole a piece. Maybe she knocked over the bowl and all the pieces fell on the ground.... this could make him extremely angry and lash out violently. So he hit her with a hard object, he thought it would be like the golf club before (after which she was fine).

When Burke hit Jonbenet, she collapsed and Burke's demeanour quickly changed and he cried out for mommy. Patsy found Jonbenet, knew she was dead and wailed and mourned. Patsy had images of the headlines the next day on what happened to the beauty queen pageant Christmas day, butchered like Jamie Bulgar, by her own brother, and how Burke would be taken away forever. John woke up or maybe Patsy called him and his first half-asleep instinct was an intruder. Then when he realized what had happened, like Patsy he was extremely afraid of losing both his children. So the first thing that came to his mind was let's pretend an intruder did it.

It may seem a bit strange to accuse mature professional adults of being influenced by movies, but it can happen to us all. Instead of doing the straightforward thing of owning the mistake but fully protecting their son, or even staging some sort of accident, they went the totally dramatic route. Watching so many movies he had a warped perception of how rare/likely this scenario is. Whoever wrote the ransom note was certainly heavily influenced by movies as from the quotes in it, and there were a lot of movie posters around the house. Sometimes people come up with things late at night that seem totally daft the next morning. But once they had done this, they felt compelled to stick with it.

I can only think that the reason they gave that specific amount of amount in the ransom note was that John was trying to make it seem like the "foreign faction" had private information that only he should have had access to, so trying to put on they were this sophisticated group that had infiltrated many levels and had a lot of resources. But this would run counter to the "neighbourhood " theory, which is the only serious competing theory.

A lot of people crack under police pressure (which is to their credit, only a complete psychopath can live out a lie forever). The Ramseys felt morally vindicated because most of what they were saying was correct "I did not kill my child", and then they only had to remember a couple of things about finding the ransom note and the easiest thing was that Burke was asleep the whole time. They told Burke to say that he was asleep the whole time.

But even if we're 99%+ sure, it's still not 100%. The justice system shouldn't convict on 99% certainty. I would have to say though the most ridiculous thing of all that happened was the "letter of apology" to the Ramseys that "exonerated" them based on the DNA. That was quite the kick in the teeth to the remains of Jonbenet Ramsey.

Beautifully stated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member