DNA Solves

Who Killed Jon Benet Ramsey? POLL

• John

Votes: 124 8.4%
  • Patsy

Votes: 547 37.2%
  • Burke

Votes: 340 23.1%
  • An Intruder, (anyone including someone known to them)

Votes: 459 31.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue

#1 I believe a Ramsey is guilty of this crime, but I don't know which one. IMO if they didn't know who had done it John Ramsey would not have said, "we need to know WHY this happened" instead of "we need to know who did this".

#2 If you don't provide a source for your weather information I'm afraid I'll have to discount it as being something you made up to prove your theory.

#3 Sunrise currently occures at 6:40 AM and sunset is at 4:46 PM, so I can believe your 7:20 AM reference, however I'm not too sure about your sunset reference since the 25th is just about 4 days after Winter Solstice. The exact date varies from year to year and may occur between the 20th and 23rd of December so I'll need to check the charts for 1996.

All of the weather, sunset, moon info is included in the link I provided about three posts back.
BC, I DO NOT believe a Ramsey is responsible ,other than being naive idiots, for the death of their daughter.

Thanks sissi, I must have missed that link the first time around.

FWIW the temps for the 26th are erroneous with that 6 F when the day immediately preceeding and following are approximately 20 degrees warmer. I don't believe anyone hacked the site at all either. Probably someone who was entering the data was overtired from the day and nights preceeding merriment.

BTW, I find it interesting that anyone who questions the "Bonita" papers information is immediately considered to be a RST member by BC.

BTW Most banks that have weather readouts show the current temp in farenheight and then celcius.

I reiterate, 1996 was an El Nino year and the temps were warmer in the West than normal. If you remember that was one of the main contentions that lead to the arguement that the spider was not hibernating. Because it was (supposedly) too warm...

Seeker said:
BTW, I find it interesting that anyone who questions the "Bonita" papers information is immediately considered to be a RST member by BC.

Seeker,

Sorry about that.

BC

I think I'm getting irritated with this case on the internet because few people will change their early preconceived perceptions about who did it, despite credible evidence that eventually emerges to blow their theory out of the water.

For about the first year following JonBenet's death I figured that Patsy likely killed her for cultish-type religious reasons. (I don't trust anyone too embedded in religion because they can justify almost ANYTHING based on their supernatural beliefs.) But as more information on the case became available and I applied simple techniques such as the process of elimination to the evidence, I realized I was barking up the wrong tree. Burke began to emerge as the most likely perp.

Today I have an enormous amount of evidence that Burke probably killed JonBenet or knows who killed her, and the parents are covering it up. I've presented this evidence on this forum over a long period of time. But to little avail. Only around 25% believe Burke did it.

Nevertheless, the poll in this thread reveals that about 43% of us believe that Patsy killed JonBenet. Most have probably believed this from the beginning and don't intend to change their minds even though Patsy has DNA evidence in her favor; she has handwriting evidence in her favor; she has polygraph evidence in her favor; she has fiber evidence in her favor (no fabric in the house matches the dark wipedown fibers on JonBenet's inner thighs and on her labia); and there is NO credible evidence Patsy killed JonBenet. Not even the grand jury, after investigating Patsy for 13 months, could come up with probable cause (a very low threshhold to achieve). Yet, 43 % still believe Patsy did it.

Credible evidence will apparently never replace preconceived notions.

JMO

BC, double that frustration and you will be in my position. I DID think the Ramseys were responsible, until I found that many of the cops' leaks were lies. When people lie, anyone, I feel they have a motive, and cops are no different than the rest of the population. Most of what everyone on here believes are lies and they just can't get past them.
There was no snow, the locksmith never said the tampering was old, there were a few windows unlocked ,as well as one door, there was a definite disturbance in the window well, there was unsourced fur in her hands,were fibers on her blanket ,her body, and the tape on her mouth that were not sourced in that house. The cord fibers were found only on her bed and on her body, they were not found to be on any shoe, any carpet or anywhere else in that house and the balance of the cord was missing. The cord was "finished", which normally means burned ,is this something a novice parent murderer would consider, or a kid, to do?
I don't think you are wrong BC, only in trying to tie a Ramsey in this, I do believe it was a kid, or a young adult, and I do believe he lived close to the Ramseys. I do not believe anyone with a vehicle killed her, or they would have taken her to a remote location and dumped her. Since there is no location in that house that appears to be the crime scene, only a location where the body was found, yes I do believe she was taken out, and brought back.
We can't blame ourselves for our opinions, we can however blame the BPD and the media for so carelessly slinging mud at the Ramseys.

sissi said:
The cord was "finished", which normally means burned ,is this something a novice parent murderer would consider, or a kid, to do?

Sissi,

The white nylon cord was not 'finished". All of the ends were frayed except the end that was tucked under the multiple turns of cord on the stick.

JMO

In interview she was asked ,when shown a photo, if she had ever seen ends finished like that.

sissi said:
In interview she was asked ,when shown a photo, if she had ever seen ends finished like that.

Sissi,

You have confused the white nylon cord found around JonBenet's neck and on her wrists with the much heavier manila rope found in a sack in JAR's bedroom. The rope in JAR's room had its ends taped to prevent fraying, and that was the object of Patsy's comment.

The ends of the nylon cord on JonBenet is described in Meyer's autopsy report as having frayed ends.

JMO

Reading through one of my books, I think it was the Wecht book, one of the items taken from the house by the police was the white cord used as a handle on the tobaggon, was this the same cord as used on JonBenet? Does anybody know.

BlueCrab said:
Sissi,

You have confused the white nylon cord found around JonBenet's neck and on her wrists with the much heavier manila rope found in a sack in JAR's bedroom. The rope in JAR's room had its ends taped to prevent fraying, and that was the object of Patsy's comment.

The ends of the nylon cord on JonBenet is described in Meyer's autopsy report as having frayed ends.

JMO

From RMN:
The nylon rope used on the garrote that strangled Jon Benet is seared on only one end. Nylon rope is commonly burned on both ends to prevent fraying. The other burned end was never found.

And.......In the police tapes, Patsy was shown a photo and asked if she had ever seen ends "treated in such a way".

sissi said:
From RMN:
The nylon rope used on the garrote that strangled Jon Benet is seared on only one end. Nylon rope is commonly burned on both ends to prevent fraying. The other burned end was never found.

Sissi,

If that is what the RMN wrote, then the RMN is wrong. All three of the exposed ends of the white cord were frayed, and the fourth end was tucked out of sight into the multiple loops of cord tied around the stick. Here's how Dr. John Meyer described the cords in the autopsy report:

ON THE WRIST:

"Tied loosely around the right wrist, overlying the sleeve of the shirt is a white cord. At the knot there is one tail end which measures 5.5 inches in length with a frayed end. The other tail of the knot measures 15.5 inches in length and ends in a double loop knot. This end of the cord is also frayed."

ON THE NECK:

"Wrapped around the neck with a double knot in the midline of the posterior neck is a length of white cord similar to that described as being tied around the right wrist. This ligature cord is cut on the right side of the neck and removed. A single black ink mark is placed on the left side of the cut and a double black ink mark on the right side of the cut. The posterior knot is left intact. Extending from the knot on the posterior aspect of the neck are two tails of the knot, one measuring 4 inches in length and having a frayed end, and the other measuring 17 inches in length with the end tied in multiple loops around a length of a round tan-brown wooden stick which measures 4.5 inches in length."

JMO

From looking at the crime scene/autopsy photographs again, it appears that only one end of the rope was "burned" and the other three were indeed frayed. The rope used on the wrists were frayed, the rope used around her neck looks to have a finished end on one end of the rope, the other end looks to have been cut possibly.

twizzler333 said:
From looking at the crime scene/autopsy photographs again, it appears that only one end of the rope was "burned" and the other three were indeed frayed. The rope used on the wrists were frayed, the rope used around her neck looks to have a finished end on one end of the rope, the other end looks to have been cut possibly.

Twizzler,

NONE of the ends of the white nylon cords were burned or finished. There were only THREE visible ends of the cords, and all three were frayed. The fourth end was tucked under the multiple wraps on the wooden stick and not visible.

The coroner, of course, created two additional frayed ends when he cut the tightly imbedded cord from JonBenet's neck. Perhaps that is what you are referring to.

Incidentally, the measurements of the tail ends of the cords can be interpreted that the two cords, one on the wrists and one around the neck, could have been attached to each other. IOW, there could have been just ONE cord. In this hypothesis, John Ramsey would have found his daughter grotesquely posed in the basement, probably hours before the 911 call was made, and cut her down to give his daughter a measure of dignity in death.

By cutting her down, it would have created two separate cords -- one around the wrists and one around the neck.

JMO

I imagine the end that wasn't "visible" turned out to be the burned one. Smit said it was, he asked a Ramsey if they had ever seen ends finished like this, so I fell safe in believing one end was melted.

sissi said:
I imagine the end that wasn't "visible" turned out to be the burned one. Smit said it was, he asked a Ramsey if they had ever seen ends finished like this, so I fell safe in believing one end was melted.

Sissi,

All of the three visible ends of the flat 1/4" white nylon cord on JonBenet were frayed. The fourth end was not visible because the knot on the stick was never taken apart.

You are referring to the brown 3-strand twisted manila rope (which appears to be 1/2" in diameter) found in a sack in JAR's room. The ends of that rope are taped. Manila rope is a natural fiber and does not melt.

It was Patsy who said she had never seen the ends of a rope finished like that. That's because Patsy was used to being around sailboats, where a lot of man-made materials are used for lines. Man-made materials can be melted to finish off the ends (to prevent fraying).

JMO

Seeker said:
Thanks sissi, I must have missed that link the first time around.

FWIW the temps for the 26th are erroneous with that 6 F when the day immediately preceeding and following are approximately 20 degrees warmer. I don't believe anyone hacked the site at all either. Probably someone who was entering the data was overtired from the day and nights preceeding merriment.

BTW Most banks that have weather readouts show the current temp in farenheight and then celcius.

I reiterate, 1996 was an El Nino year and the temps were warmer in the West than normal. If you remember that was one of the main contentions that lead to the arguement that the spider was not hibernating. Because it was (supposedly) too warm...
Could someone help me?? What are the Bonita papers??? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member