Who Thinks T.E.S. Found Caylee?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do You Believe T.E.S. found Caylee in their Search?

• Yes.

Votes: 194 23.2%
  • No.

Votes: 401 47.9%
  • I can't decide.

Votes: 243 29.0%

• Total voters
But she has not been charged with murder yet, much less been convicted. So I would think that the remains would be released to the Anthonys. You think they are going to store the remains until the trial is over and done? I don't think so.

I googled next of kin notification, each medical examiners office has its own formal protocol, but they all seem pretty similar. They ALL state that LE has the ability to have the notification of next of kin delayed if it is relevant to an ongoing investigation.

If they found anything it would not be identifable at this point without DNA testing which can take awhile to come back, but they could withhold that information if they chose to. Not saying they would, but they can.

Custody of the remains falls under the same kind of protocol, they are usually released to the family for burial as soon as LE says they are done, but they can be withheld until a conviction is secured.

But she has not been charged with murder yet, much less been convicted. So I would think that the remains would be released to the Anthonys. You think they are going to store the remains until the trial is over and done? I don't think so.

They will arrest Casey as soon as the DNA is confirmed on any remains they find. She will not get them, and most likely neither will her family. That's what happened in the Scott Peterson case. His family did not get the remains, her family did because he was the prime suspect. You don't have to be convicted or even charged. Do you honestly think they would give a suspected murderer remains to dispose of as they wished?????

I can't decide. I think they found something, but I'm not sure if it was Caylee's remains. May it was evidence that points them in another direction. I do think it was really strange and unusual that TES left so abruptly, especially since there were so many volunteers that day. I don't think Cindy or George's attitude had anything to do with Tim Miller leaving.

They will arrest Casey as soon as the DNA is confirmed on any remains they find. She will not get them, and most likely neither will her family. That's what happened in the Scott Peterson case. His family did not get the remains, her family did because he was the prime suspect. You don't have to be convicted or even charged. Do you honestly think they would give a suspected murderer remains to dispose of as they wished?????

Gosh.....I hate even saying this but.....if Caylee's remains are ever found....who would get them? The grandparents?

I think Tim got a call about the break in the Natalee Holloway case and decided to go to Aruba while waiting for the waters to go down in Florida. Now he has to deal with the damage at his headquarters. I think he will be back if there is good tip on where to resume searching.

Has anyone ever figured out what the lady from TES meant by "we will all be surprised?"
that has me so curious.

Remains found in river confirmed as human

By Joe VanHoose
Star-Banner

Published: Monday, September 15, 2008 at 11:15 a.m.
Last Modified: Monday, September 15, 2008 at 11:17 a.m.
SHARPES FERRY – Marion County sheriff’s officials confirmed Monday that the torso found in the Ocklawaha River on Sunday afternoon is human.
Sheriff’s Office crews arrived at the Sharpes Ferry bridge at daybreak Monday to search for other evidence near where the body=2 0was found. The sheriff’s Field Force Team searched the banks of the river while divers felt their way through the muddy water.
“We want to cover all the area between Sharpes Ferry and State Road 40,” said Sheriff’s Office Capt. Jimmy Pogue. “The search is more difficult because of all the recent rain we’ve had. The banks of the river have been extended by 20 feet.”
Pogue said the Sheriff’s Office was called by a boater who found the torso about 300 yards north of the Sharpes Ferry bridge Sunday at about 2:30 p.m. The torso was taken to the Marion County Medical Examiner’s Office, where an autopsy is being performed today. Pogue said it was too early to tell any details about the body.
In the meantime, the sheriff’s officials set up shop on the bridge to organize a full search for any additional evidence.
“We have two boats in the water, plus our 12-member field force team, and we have the helicopter out with spotters in it,” Pogue said. “We want as many eyes on the area as possible.”
Divers in the river had to rely more on their sense of touch than sight as they combed through the black water on Monday.
0D
“You can’t see a thing,” said Sheriff’s Office diver Aaron Levy. “Everything is completely black. It’s all about feel right now.”

. This is where the great-grandfather of Caylee Anthony is in a nursing home -less than hour's drive from Orlando.

Since this was published a few days back, have they said whether it's a torso that belongs to an adult, a child, or a toddler?

TES is making some kind of announcement tomorrow. We will find out then if they have found her yet or not, I assume.

I can't say I am 100% sure, but I am 99 and 9/10% sure TES did not find anything the day they called off the search. I was there that day - and the search was called off for the reasons given. Yes, a number of searchers and TES people were in tears, it was VERY emotional. Everyone was upset that the search was TEMPORARILY called off. Everyone kept thinking about that poor little girl out there somewhere. While some areas were dry, other areas were still under 2 feet or more of water. A number of areas were flagged that day - and many other days - for further examination, that went on all the time. If I recall correctly, during the press conference they said it was the ground search that was called off. I believe there were plans to continue with the 'drone planes' and perhaps airboats. I have not heard any more on that, but it was stressed that it was the ground search that was being called off.

I doubt TES would announce any discovery. If remains were found, wouldn't LE be the ones who would disclose such info?

TES is making some kind of announcement tomorrow. We will find out then if they have found her yet or not, I assume.

I wouldn't think that would be an announcement that TES would make, at least not before LE.

Check the TES thread for a new update.

Tim Miller said he will not be making any announcement tomorrow. Don't believe anything you hear from "sources" and unless you hear it from him, it's not official.

I doubt TES would announce any discovery. If remains were found, wouldn't LE be the ones who would disclose such info?

Yes, I believe you are right on that. TES has been trying to recover from damages from hurricane Ike. They may be announcing a return trip to Fla. but that would strictly be a guess on my part. If there is an announcement from LE, then possibly Tim Miller has something to add to that but Macushla is right. The search wasn't called off entirely, just the ground search, so they may very well have found what they were looking for in spite of that.

If they were under instructions from LE NOT to announce this news, I do not believe they would tell you anything if you called them. No offense whatsoever, but IF they did find her or something related and LE said do not discuss it-I do not think they would discuss it. Do you?

TM appears to be a person of great integrity, I don't believe that he lied about the reasons for TES departing. If TES had been told by LE not to discuss something, I think TM would simply have said that they'd been instructed by law enforcement not to discuss what was going on.

Today, 01:58 PM
barb0301
user_online.gif

Just got off the phone w/ Tim Miller. These are his words:

"There will be no announcements by TES in regards to this case tomorrow. If you don't hear it from me (Tim Miller), it's not coming from Texas Equusearch officially."

Just wanted to clear that question up.

ETA: TES's phone lines and power are down again in their office, so he is unable at the moment to get emails, office phone calls, etc. Communication w/him is spotty due to Hurricane Ike.

Blink has said that this is trusted poster and a friend of Tim's and TES.

Today, 01:58 PM
barb0301
user_online.gif

Just got off the phone w/ Tim Miller. These are his words:

"There will be no announcements by TES in regards to this case tomorrow. If you don't hear it from me (Tim Miller), it's not coming from Texas Equusearch officially."

Just wanted to clear that question up.

ETA: TES's phone lines and power are down again in their office, so he is unable at the moment to get emails, office phone calls, etc. Communication w/him is spotty due to Hurricane Ike.

Blink has said that this is trusted poster and a friend of Tim's and TES.

Thanks Darlin Gal. Glad that is settled.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back