Who was George Brody?- Part 2.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i have the free membership to ansectory.com i can post messages so i posted some info on brody. I couldn't find where there was info on him so i posted just a little bit like he may have been from pa. he was living on the west coast at the time of his death in ca. and i found some pictures of him in google the one of him as a young person and the older picture of him that i also linked up. i put that he may have been involved with anna. and that info is needed on him i said more info can be found at websleuths and i linked the forum here i post under (hyechica) on ancestry in case anyone sees the post so they know its me

just thought of something. what about if someone or a few people are willing to find websites where you can post old photos and ask if anyone reccognizes this person both his young picture and his older one i have a link to those at ancestry.com, but what about other websites dedicated to old photos and such?

just thought of something else the box with the unclaimed money property . was it in a safe deposit box at the bank? reason i am asking is if you open a bank account or safe deposit box they want to know all your info dob ss licences number sometimes. so if that box was in his name its very possible that could be his name because of the ss he used but back then computers were non exsistant so i am not sure if they had a system to check ss numbers.

I realize that these folks were alot older than GB but the last name is interesting, perhaps relatives of George in Ida County?

Ida County
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ida_County,_Iowa

http://iagenweb.org/ida/directory/obits.htm

Ida County
Obituaries

Winfred Brody
Coleen Hoar

Death of Mrs. Brody Sept. 27, 1917 Ida Grove Record

George C. Brody received a telegram last Friday from Patrick Brody of Pomona, Calif., to the effect that Mr. Brody's mother had died that morning, and that Brody would arrive in Ida Grove with the remains Thursday, September 27 th. The Brodys were among the early settlers of Ida County and for many years lived on a farm five or six miles northwest of Ida Grove, afterward moving to town. Mr. Brody died here and about twelve years ago Mrs. Brody and her son Patrick, moved to Pomona, which has since been their home.
No definite arrangements have been made for the funeral, but it will verylikely be held from the Catholic church Thursday or Friday.

The Oct. 3, 1917 issue of The Ida County Pioneer stated:
"Funeral of Mrs. Brody" The funeral of the late Mrs. Brody was held at the Catholic church last Friday and the remains laid to rest in the cemetery here. Her death took place Sept. 21 at Pomona, CA. where she made her home with her only child, Patrick Brody.
Winifred Vaughan was born in Ireland in 1828 and therefore was 89 years of age at her death. She came to America in1851, having been married to Flann Brody in 1847. They located first in Columbia City, N Y and in 1878 came to Ida county, occupying a nice farm northwest of Ida Grove. In 1891, they moved into Ida Grove and somewhat later went to California.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catherine BrodyColeen Hoar

March 5, 1908
The remains of Miss Kate Brody were brought here from Alamagordo, New Mexico, Wednesday noon and the funeral took place shortly afterward from Sacred Heart church Rev. Father Costello, officiating, The remains were interred in Ida Grove cemetery. The deceased was born Ontario County, N Y. Nov. 16, 1862 and in 1878 moved to Ida County with her parents. They settled on a in farm northwest Corwin and lived there until 1891 when they moved to Ida Grove.
In company with her mother and brother she went to Alamagordo in Nov. 1906 and died there Feb. 22, 1908.
She leaves only a mother and brother who wish to extend thanks to the people of Ida County for their kindness and sympathy.

WAS BORN IN NEW YORK:

Kate Brody, whose death in New Mexico was briefly announced in last weeks' Pioneer, and whose body was brought here for burial by her brother Pat Brody, was born in Ontario county, N Y on Nov. 16, 1852, and in 1878 came with her mother and brother to Ida County. This was their home for years until in Nov. 1906, they located at Alamagordo, New Mexico, where she was stricken with inflammatory rheumatism and kidney trouble and died. The family wish The Pioneer to extend their thanks to their old friends and neighbors who were so kind and helpful.

Kate Brody Dead
Word was received here Monday of the death of Miss Kate Brody at her home in New Mexico, where she, her brother and her mother had gone only a few months ago after a residence here of many years.
Miss Brody had been in bed with inflammatory rheumatism since the first of December. The remains were brought home by the grief sricken brother, Pat Brody, yesterday, and the funeral was held at the Sacred Heart church at 2 o'clock, interment being made in the Ida Grove cemetery. Kate Brody was one of the finest girls who ever lived, and all who know her, mourn her loss and sympathize with the brother and mother who are left behind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Brody

Coleen Hoar

Maple Valley Era newspaper on April 15, 1881:

Died on Tuesday night April 12th 1881 age 29 years and 2 months. The deceased came to this country from Pennslyvania about 3 years agao and in that time has secured the warm esteem and respect of a large circle of friends and acquaintances. He leaves a mother and brother and sister.

Hi, as I said, I searched so much abt GB, the surname in all spelling, and I know that all real GB that I found had own life and no one is our GB...
My idea, by 1940 census, it is that GB immigrated when little child.. and abt the Russia birthplace anyone know that the immigrants said Russia but the Russia was a Empire in 1900s and until the 1917 October revolution... and many countries was a part of russian empire...
Knowing abt GB and him behavior, and searching more, I found this record:

U.S. City Directories (Beta) about Geo Broudy
Name: Geo Broudy
Residence Year: 1940
Residence Place: Oakland, California

Publication Title: Polk's Oakland California City Directory

http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?ht...674&fn=Geo&ln=Broudy&st=r&ssrc=&pid=254407203

1818 Harrison st Oakland CA; now I know not if is a residence address or a work address...

this name with this spelling is just on this record.. no further records... no before no after of 1940 ...

the 1940 census was of 3 Apr 1940, and at this address nobody Geo Broudy

http://interactive.ancestry.com/244...1940-census&ssrc=#imageId=M-T0627-00444-00513

now the directory( 1940) showing the address in 1940 ( Jan-Dec) or last part of 1939 year and first of 1940 year? who know?

However the only possible Geo Broudy that I found was born in Russia ( in Gorodno*) and is a possible record, matching with my idea, ( so it is just a my idea of our GB ), well was born in 1903 ( and that is no a problem, because our GB changed always him birthyear becoming more young in the passing time), hebrew, son of Russian-polish parents, immigrated in 1905;
Name: Gerson PrudofskyArrival Date: 27 Sep 1905
Birth Year: abt 1902
Ethnicity/Race¬/Nationality: Hebrew
Port of Departure: Liverpool, England
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Caronia

the surname was no Broudy originally, but the siblings used Broudy and sometime also the mother.

The mother of this GB and children, at arrival, well the final destination was Providence, RI, where lived the husband and where the last child born also, but in 1910 they lived in Manhattan;
the parents was divorced in 1920 census, and found Geo/George (but really him first name was Gerson) living with mother and sibling.

I believe that I found it on the 1930 census ( Brooklyn, NY) with the father, remarried or just joined at a woman.. I am positive that the 1930 census is abt this GB, the father, the new wife and another person. They was naturalized.

Instead on 1930 census of mother ( Bronx, NY), she lived with the 2 daughters and the last son.

So this GB preferred to live with father.

In WWII draft registration card
(1942) of this GB father, well the next of kin was the son: GB (using a wrong spelling of original surname) living at 1817 Mohegan Ave, Bronx NY

I cannot find this GB at this address on 1940 census of Bronx ....

Now, if I remember well, our GB also lived in SF (1970s/1980s), but on him unclaimed money record he had a Oakland address...
If I remember well all of this case, obviously...

So the idea is: because our GB is on 1940 census of Oakland, any possible GB cannot be on 1940 census of residence in previous census
(1930)

This possible GB could be very possible; so my dilemma is:
-it is possible that our GB is Geo Broudy appearing in 1940 Polk's directory? The address is a work address?
This Geo Broudy is not on the 1940 census of Oakland. So the address 1818 Harrison st Oakland CA must be a work address....

The different work ( our GB was a mason or so but the " PW" on the 1940 census meaning Private Work) is no a problem, because really our GB never had a true work, and if I remember well, Annasmom said also that GB spoken abt a work in a garage or similar ...

-It is possible that our GB had also a NY address?

I read abt research assistant profession on the other addresses in Oakland; we know that our GB was a lier, and the only Brody that I found in Oakland as research assistant or so, it was a chemistry assistant and no related at our GB....
sorry for long post, sorry for my bad english,
raf
-------------------------------------------------------------------
*various spelling:
Gorodno [Rus],
Horodno [Pol],
Horodnia [Yid],
Haradnaja [Bel],
Horodna,
Horodne)
from

Hi all, continuing in the search, I am a bit positive that Gerson Proudofsky ( sometimes spelled Prudovsky, Brudovsky etc... remembering that the some family members used BROUDY in USA) could be our GB.. the mother of Gerson( Geo in USA) was Sima ( Celia in USA) CHALEF maiden name married at Louis Prudofsky. the couple had this children: Anna, Rose, Gerson and Lazarus(Larry) born in Rhode Island:
name: Lazarus Broudy
baptism/christening date:
baptism/christening place:
birth date: 29 Jul 1908
birthplace: Providence, Providence, Rhode Island
death date:
name note:
race:
father's name: Louis
father's birthplace:
father's age:
mother's name: Sema Chalef
mother's birthplace:
mother's age:
indexing project (batch) number: I09552-0

system origin: Rhode Island-EASy
source film number: 2208955
reference number: p 246
the family in 1910 lived in Manhattan NY;

well:
- Sema/Celia divorced from husband; in 1940 census living with the daughters and grandaughter
-the oldest daughter Anna divorced from her husband;
-Rose never married;
-Larry married and lived in NY for all life;

-Gerson/Geo: in 1920 census living with mother in Manhattan, NY; in 1930 census, he was a salesman ( and declaring that was born in 1905 instead of 1903), living in Manhattan with father; in 1942 draft registration card of him father, the next of kin was the son Geo Prudofsky at a address that I believe was a hotel address; in 1940 census Geo father (= Louis Prudofsky) living in a hotel.

But this preamble, it is because the Geo sister, Rose Broudy moved from New York and died in Oakland, Alameda, CA:

name: Rose Broudy
event: Death
event date: 12 Oct 1988event place: Alameda, California, United States
birth date: 01 Dec 1904
birthplace: Other Country
father: Prudovsky
mother: Chalef

Social Security Death Index about Rose Broudy
Name: Rose Broudy
SSN: ---------
Last Residence: 94601 Oakland, Alameda, California, United States of AmericaBorn: 1 Dec 1904
Died: 12 Oct 1988
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951)

now seeming strange that a unmarried woman, left New York and moved in Oakland, CA... it could be possible that this Rose was the sister of our GB...?? Just a suggestion...
regards,
raf

Hi all, continuing in the search, I am a bit positive that Gerson Proudofsky ( sometimes spelled Prudovsky, Brudovsky etc... remembering that the some family members used BROUDY in USA) could be our GB.. the mother of Gerson( Geo in USA) was Sima ( Celia in USA) CHALEF maiden name married at Louis Prudofsky. the couple had this children: Anna, Rose, Gerson and Lazarus(Larry) born in Rhode Island:
name: Lazarus Broudy
baptism/christening date:
baptism/christening place:
birth date: 29 Jul 1908
birthplace: Providence, Providence, Rhode Island
death date:
name note:
race:
father's name: Louis
father's birthplace:
father's age:
mother's name: Sema Chalef
mother's birthplace:
mother's age:
indexing project (batch) number: I09552-0

system origin: Rhode Island-EASy
source film number: 2208955
reference number: p 246
the family in 1910 lived in Manhattan NY;

well:
- Sema/Celia divorced from husband; in 1940 census living with the daughters and grandaughter
-the oldest daughter Anna divorced from her husband;
-Rose never married;
-Larry married and lived in NY for all life;

-Gerson/Geo: in 1920 census living with mother in Manhattan, NY; in 1930 census, he was a salesman ( and declaring that was born in 1905 instead of 1903), living in Manhattan with father; in 1942 draft registration card of him father, the next of kin was the son Geo Prudofsky at a address that I believe was a hotel address; in 1940 census Geo father (= Louis Prudofsky) living in a hotel.

But this preamble, it is because the Geo sister, Rose Broudy moved from New York and died in Oakland, Alameda, CA:

name: Rose Broudy
event: Death
event date: 12 Oct 1988event place: Alameda, California, United States
birth date: 01 Dec 1904
birthplace: Other Country
father: Prudovsky
mother: Chalef

Social Security Death Index about Rose Broudy
Name: Rose Broudy
SSN: ---------
Last Residence: 94601 Oakland, Alameda, California, United States of AmericaBorn: 1 Dec 1904
Died: 12 Oct 1988

now seeming strange that a unmarried woman, left New York and moved in Oakland, CA... it could be possible that this Rose was the sister of our GB...?? Just a suggestion...
regards,
raf

BBM
Do you know how old she was when she moved to Oakland? She may have gone there to attend Mills College, a women's college in Oakland.

Hi, I believe that Rose moved in Oakland, CA around 1960s; followed from her oldest sister.
In effects the oldest sister of Gerson Prudovsky( Geo Broudy) and Rose Broudy died in Oakland, CA also:
Anna Diener nee Prudovsky divorced from her first husband William Diener and remarried; I believe that she moved in Oakland around 1960s also or so...

California Death Index, 1940-1997 about Anna Zernowitz
Name: Anna Zernowitz
[Anna Prudovsky]
Social Security #: ------------
Sex: Female
Birth Date: 30 May 1901
Birthplace: Other Country
Death Date: 18 Dec 1996
Death Place: Alameda
Mother's Maiden Name: Chalef
Father's Surname: Prudovsky

Social Security Death Index about Anna Zernowitz
SSN: -------
Last Residence: 94601 Oakland, Alameda, California, United States of America
Born: 30 Mar 1900
Died: 18 Dec 1996

The mother died in 1966, Jamaica, Queens, NY, for that I believe that the sisters moved in Oakland around the 1960s...
I cannot find in this database a record abt our GB
or
abt Gerson Prudovsky or Geo Broudy ( various spelling); however GB in WWII was in Oakland ... surely...
World War II Army Enlistment Records, created 6/1/2002 - 9/30/2002, documenting the period ca. 1938 - 1946

http://aad.archives.gov/aad/display...981=&nfo_24983=V,2,1900&op_24983=0&txt_24983=

I found Larry Broudy ( Prudovsky):
ARMY SERIAL NUMBER 42064900 42064900
NAME BROUDY#LARY############# BROUDY#LARY#############
RESIDENCE: STATE 23 NEW YORK
RESIDENCE: COUNTY 081 QUEENS
PLACE OF ENLISTMENT 2364 NEW YORK CITY NEW YORK
DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY 10 10
DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH 01 01
DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR 44 44
GRADE: ALPHA DESIGNATION PVT# Private
GRADE: CODE 8 Private
BRANCH: ALPHA DESIGNATION NO# No branch assignment
BRANCH: CODE 02 No branch assignment
FIELD USE AS DESIRED # #
TERM OF ENLISTMENT 5 Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
LONGEVITY ### ###
SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL 0 Civil Life
NATIVITY 15 RHODE ISLAND
YEAR OF BIRTH 08 08
RACE AND CITIZENSHIP 1 White, citizen
EDUCATION 1 1 year of high school
CIVILIAN OCCUPATION 103 Checkers
MARITAL STATUS 2 Married
COMPONENT OF THE ARMY 7 Selectees (Enlisted Men)
CARD NUMBER # #
BOX NUMBER 1497 1497
FILM REEL NUMBER 8.9## 8.9##

but no the him brother...

this is just a idea, because to search is so, but maybe it cannot be important or interesting....
raf

Hi, I believe that Rose moved in Oakland, CA around 1960s; followed from her oldest sister.
In effects the oldest sister of Gerson Prudovsky( Geo Broudy) and Rose Broudy died in Oakland, CA also:
Anna Diener nee Prudovsky divorced from her first husband William Diener and remarried; I believe that she moved in Oakland around 1960s also or so...

California Death Index, 1940-1997 about Anna Zernowitz
[Anna Prudovsky]
Social Security #: ------------
Sex: Female
Birth Date: 30 May 1901
Birthplace: Other Country
Death Date: 18 Dec 1996
Death Place: Alameda
Mother's Maiden Name: Chalef
Father's Surname: Prudovsky

Social Security Death Index about Anna Zernowitz
SSN: -------
Last Residence: 94601 Oakland, Alameda, California, United States of America
Born: 30 Mar 1900
Died: 18 Dec 1996

The mother died in 1966, Jamaica, Queens, NY, for that I believe that the sisters moved in Oakland around the 1960s...
I cannot find in this database a record abt our GB
or
abt Gerson Prudovsky or Geo Broudy ( various spelling); however GB in WWII was in Oakland ... surely...
World War II Army Enlistment Records, created 6/1/2002 - 9/30/2002, documenting the period ca. 1938 - 1946

http://aad.archives.gov/aad/display...981=&nfo_24983=V,2,1900&op_24983=0&txt_24983=

I found Larry Broudy ( Prudovsky):
ARMY SERIAL NUMBER 42064900 42064900
NAME BROUDY#LARY############# BROUDY#LARY#############
RESIDENCE: STATE 23 NEW YORK
RESIDENCE: COUNTY 081 QUEENS
PLACE OF ENLISTMENT 2364 NEW YORK CITY NEW YORK
DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY 10 10
DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH 01 01
DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR 44 44
GRADE: ALPHA DESIGNATION PVT# Private
GRADE: CODE 8 Private
BRANCH: ALPHA DESIGNATION NO# No branch assignment
BRANCH: CODE 02 No branch assignment
FIELD USE AS DESIRED # #
TERM OF ENLISTMENT 5 Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
LONGEVITY ### ###
SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL 0 Civil Life
NATIVITY 15 RHODE ISLAND
YEAR OF BIRTH 08 08
RACE AND CITIZENSHIP 1 White, citizen
EDUCATION 1 1 year of high school
CIVILIAN OCCUPATION 103 Checkers
MARITAL STATUS 2 Married
COMPONENT OF THE ARMY 7 Selectees (Enlisted Men)
CARD NUMBER # #
BOX NUMBER 1497 1497
FILM REEL NUMBER 8.9## 8.9##

but no the him brother...

this is just a idea, because to search is so, but maybe it cannot be important or interesting....
raf

~ Raf, terrific researching on the Broudy fella. For the last couple of days I've googled a bit and found nothing at all for Geo (George) Broudy online. Doesn't mean however, there isn't anything out there. The fact that when our GB died, apparently no SIN Number. I don't think he ever really worked in the USA at all legally. I will still plug in these names above and see if I can find anything useful to try to make the match. We need to find children of the above folks except for Rose who didn't have children to verify if this is our G.

Thanks for your hard work! x

:banghead:
I can also leave this trace abt Prudovsky, because I found George in the 1940 census of Bronx, NY...
so the our GB mystery.. it continue :banghead:
raf

FYI-I have an Ancestry membership and I have been searching the 1940 census for GB. I found several addresses around 1940 (+/- 1-2 years) from directories for a GB (not the one married to a Margaret), this GB appeared to live in boarding houses based on the # of unrelated people at the same addresses on the census forms. However, GB was not at any of those addresses on the actual census forms, only on the city directories. It seems like, if this is "our" GB, he moved around a lot and managed to avoid being recorded on census forms. 1940 census is now searchable as well (before I had to manually sift through images), but even with the updated search feature, I can't find a GB in California that matches what we already know (or at least expect) about GB. I have been looking for a GB born abt. 1905.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be happy to search them on Ancestry.

I have located census records for a Geo J Brody, erroneously transcribed as "Seo J Brady". This person lived on 12th St in Oakland in 1940, this matched voter registrations previously discussed here. The voter registrations are for a George Brody who is listed as a "Jr Research Asst". The census lists this persons occupation as Construction;Place of Birth as Russia, Year of Birth 1905; Year of immigration 1921.
I have extensively searched immigration and naturalization records and found a Josef Wachbroit, born in Russia 1905, immigrated to US 1921. Josef changed his name to George Brody sometime between 1921 an his Declaration of Intention on Sept 14, 1923. Just a side note- I find it interesting that "our GB" used the birthdate Aug. 15, 1923, very close to this GB's Declaration date, possibly the date he changed his name and "George Brody" was "born"???? This GB is on the 1930 census in Boston, but not the 1940. I can find no other GB's in the county that match the info as well, so I am convinced that Josef Wachbroit and the GB in Oakland in 1940 are the same person, I obviously cannot guarantee that it is "our" GB.

Joseh listed a step-sister in Boston as his POC and destination. Her name was Sadie Goldman, I am currently trying to find a living relative to see if any of them are aware of a creepy uncle George (lol) or could identify a photo of him. So far no luck, though.

Interestingly, Josef came from a town in Russia (it has also been Poland, Germany and Ukraine) that is very near a town called Brody. There is also another Josef Wachbrott (diff spelling) from the same area of Russia a few years older who immigrated to Boston and also changed his name - to Joseph Brody.

I have no idea if this is our GB, the estimated birth year matches, there is family "back east" as our GB claimed to have. He was Jewish- could be the root of the mysticism/number fascination (Kabbalah?). I also have observed that this GB has no record of signing up for the WWII draft. Could be a reason from GB's secrecy concerning identification?? Maybe he was paranoid that the government was after him? Anyway, lots of speculation, but interesting to me.

Oh wow, Amy74, excellent info and research! This is really great information. I hope you and some of our genealogists can find some additional information about this Wachbroit family. Interesting that this JW came here to live with a step sibling and at what I'd consider a fairly young age. Did he travel alone or with anyone?

Looking forward to seeing where this leads us. Great job, Amy74!

Josef Wachbroit arrived 6 September 1921 on the Oscar II. He listed himself as age 16, Russian, speaking Yiddish, from the city of Korec, Russia (now Ukraine). His next of kin is listed as a sister, R. Wachbroit, of Korec. He appears to have traveled alone. His occupation was handwritten in as "none" over an illegible typed word.

He is listed also as having a dark complexion with brown hair and brown eyes, and 5 feet tall (at age 16).

Stepsister Sadie Goldman(n) lived at 119 Humboldt Ave in Boston in 1923.

He is listed also as having a dark complexion with brown hair and brown eyes, and 5 feet tall (at age 16).

Stepsister Sadie Goldman(n) lived at 119 Humboldt Ave in Boston in 1923.

"Our" Brody had blue eyes and a very fair complexion...I don't know how much we can rely on the description above. The fairly short stature fits.

"Our" Brody had blue eyes and a very fair complexion...I don't know how much we can rely on the description above. The fairly short stature fits.

Annasmom- I thought I remembered that he had Blue eyes. The description above was handwritten on the ship's roster. a couple categories weren't even filled in (eyes and complexion), just filled with ditto marks carrying down info from the rows above. I'm not trying to discredit the info, but I don't really know how reliable it is either. I would definitely like to locate a living relative if possible, just to see if they know anything at all.

Also, I think it is entirely possible that our GB was not really George Brody at all, just a liar with a fake name. This could all be in vain.

I have located census records for a Geo J Brody, erroneously transcribed as "Seo J Brady". This person lived on 12th St in Oakland in 1940, this matched voter registrations previously discussed here. The voter registrations are for a George Brody who is listed as a "Jr Research Asst". The census lists this persons occupation as Construction;Place of Birth as Russia, Year of Birth 1905; Year of immigration 1921.
I have extensively searched immigration and naturalization records and found a Josef Wachbroit, born in Russia 1905, immigrated to US 1921. Josef changed his name to George Brody sometime between 1921 an his Declaration of Intention on Sept 14, 1923. Just a side note- I find it interesting that "our GB" used the birthdate Aug. 15, 1923, very close to this GB's Declaration date, possibly the date he changed his name and "George Brody" was "born"???? This GB is on the 1930 census in Boston, but not the 1940. I can find no other GB's in the county that match the info as well, so I am convinced that Josef Wachbroit and the GB in Oakland in 1940 are the same person, I obviously cannot guarantee that it is "our" GB.

Joseh listed a step-sister in Boston as his POC and destination. Her name was Sadie Goldman, I am currently trying to find a living relative to see if any of them are aware of a creepy uncle George (lol) or could identify a photo of him. So far no luck, though.

Interestingly, Josef came from a town in Russia (it has also been Poland, Germany and Ukraine) that is very near a town called Brody. There is also another Josef Wachbrott (diff spelling) from the same area of Russia a few years older who immigrated to Boston and also changed his name - to Joseph Brody.

I have no idea if this is our GB, the estimated birth year matches, there is family "back east" as our GB claimed to have. He was Jewish- could be the root of the mysticism/number fascination (Kabbalah?). I also have observed that this GB has no record of signing up for the WWII draft. Could be a reason from GB's secrecy concerning identification?? Maybe he was paranoid that the government was after him? Anyway, lots of speculation, but interesting to me.
Hi Ami74,
the 1940 census of Seo (Geo) J Brody is the same that I found and posted here .. just I cannot see the immigration year column in 1940 census...

However I believe very interesting what you said abt Josef Wachbroit ... also if on the ship's manifest the eyes are browns and not blues.. but I know that sometimes this data on the ship's manifest are no ok...

you can post the image of Declaration of Intention... :

Massachusetts, Petitions and Records of Naturalizations, 1906-1929 aboutGeorge Brody
Name: George Brody
Event Date: 14 Sep 1923
Immigration Year: 1921
Home Country: Russia
Court: U.S. District Court
Document Type: Declaration of Intention

thanks a lot,
raf

Raf,
I'm very tired and not really following all of this well tonight. lol. I am attaching an image of the census page with "Seo J Brady' that I found matching the voter registration info. I don't think that the 1940 census recorded immigration year, though. If this doesn't work or is unreadable, PM me your email and I will send it to you directly to see if it is the same one you are talking about.

Amy

Hi Ami74,
the 1940 census of Seo (Geo) J Brody is the same that I found and posted here .. just I cannot see the immigration year column in 1940 census...

However I believe very interesting what you said abt Josef Wachbroit ... also if on the ship's manifest the eyes are browns and not blues.. but I know that sometimes this data on the ship's manifest are no ok...

you can post the image of Declaration of Intention... :

Massachusetts, Petitions and Records of Naturalizations, 1906-1929 aboutGeorge Brody
Name: George Brody
Event Date: 14 Sep 1923
Immigration Year: 1921
Home Country: Russia
Court: U.S. District Court
Document Type: Declaration of Intention

thanks a lot,
raf

Attachments

• 1940 United States Federal Census for Seo J Brady.jpg
    1940 United States Federal Census for Seo J Brady.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 30
Amy,
as I said the 1940 census that you found , it is the same that I found( by hand search) and I posted here some month ago.
My concern is abt the immigration year that you said 1921.. but on 1940 census are not the immigration column ...

thanks a lot,
raf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme