Who was George Brody?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Raf, I am so amazed by your research! One very small correction, however: The tickets to "A Midsummer Night's Dream" did not come from Brody, but rather from a friend with the same FIRST name who helped us search and who with his wife stayed at the house with us the first week to answer the telephone, get meals together, and answer the telephone.

Thank you SO MUCH for all the time and thought you have put into this search.

Thank you for precisation dear Annasmom, hoping to find more....

I search in any direction, collecting all interesting records, and I put it in stand-by, until I can find some other right input... one is this:

-In Oakland, seeming that it was also the surname: Brodzik, changed in Brody.. because, I found, in a obituary of 1967 mentioning some relatives- especially a brother- of yhe decesead man, from Wisconsin that changed Brodzik surname in Brody surname.... I remember that someone in this forum mentioned Wisconsin, it is true or I'm incorrect?
All the best,
raf

---Anyone have a subscription to the news to the L.A. Times Archive? There is another news piece dated Oct. 18, 1932 headlining: SLANDER TRIAL INVOLVES FETE 1932 R.H. Semple googled News.

"Whether a remark assertedly made by R. H. Semple, wealthy retired chemical engineer, to Francis J. Verhaeren, former New York hotel man, following the loss of a valuable diamond ring at a Domino Club dinner graced by the elite in motion-picture and theatrical life,..." Wondering if Brody maybe listed in the article. Sorry I do not have a subscription.

I believe the correct spelling is Verhaeren. It is a Belgian surname.

The night of the argument regarding the lost ring, Semple, a Pasadina millionaire was listed.

On Veromi.com there is a R. H. Semple listed in Pacific Grove CA age 89 and another one age 91 in Los Altos.. He apparently was a millionaire, he maybe listed on the net but so far I have not found anything on him.

George brought Francis J. Vehaeren with him to the party, I hope this is the correct spelling of him. Yet to find anything on Veromi for this last name.. still searching who knew Brody.

Has anyone done the numerology? I have tried to do it with Anna's name including Eifee since GB wanted it to add to '27', but combined with her birth date I get '26'

I have not done this before, but used a guide off a website. I feel if we can figure out what he used to get a 27 or if he did get a 27 for Anna then we might get an idea what he had for a name and spelling. I feel he used Anna Christian Eifee Waters since he demanded it changed.

Has anyone tried to figure out what he used? Only name or name + birthday.

Hi momto3kids, by this article on a Frank Householder- you can know abt a numerology guide used in California in 1921:
I found a Frank Householder in Oakland( 1918-Oakland Tribune- Brooklyn Rebekah Lodge n.12)- and in Elmhurst (1941-Elmhurst-Rebekah Lodge n.277-Frank Householder was Grand Patriarch)..

Attachments

• Frank Householder-Long Beach 1921.jpg
    Frank Householder-Long Beach 1921.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 41
it are so much George Brody, and also George Brady... and,

it is a George Louis Brady, (father born in Salem, NH-mother born in Providence, RI)
that is interesting for some thing..

GLB was born in Providence, RI the 18 Aug 1897; in some passport the birthdate is 10 August 1898...( but by RI births he was born the 18 August 1897) well, he lived in Providence and last trace is of 1937, single, no profession listed, abt a trip ( he made some trip, also 1 in Italy)..
after 1937 no more record; no WWII draft registration card, no SSDI...

but by WWI draft registration card, the eyes are blue and black hair.. no other data...
I found many data abt this person; but not the 1930 census and the WWII dfc....no SSDI....

someone can help for to find this lacking records? thanks, raf

Raf, can you attach census records and WWI draft for this George Louis Brady?

Attachments

• wwi gorge l brady  providence.jpg
    wwi gorge l brady providence.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 32
For some reason, my computer won't let me see attachments these days...it keeps saying I haven't logged in, even though I have. Can you e-mail this to me, Sherlock?

However cannot be our Gb, because this GL Brady died in 1970:

Social Security Death Index
about George L. Brady
Name: George L. Brady
SSN: 035-09-9477
Last Residence: 02906 Providence, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
Born: 18 Aug 1897
Died: 15 Jul 1970
State (Year) SSN issued:

so this is GLB of Providence, RI is out of all GB probable as a well the GLB of Salem, NH, because I found that was living in all years until 1967( after I stopped my search) in NH, so 2 records are out...
regards, raf

However cannot be our Gb, because this GL Brady died in 1970:

Social Security Death Index
about George L. Brady
Name: George L. Brady
SSN: 035-09-9477
Last Residence: 02906 Providence, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
Born: 18 Aug 1897
Died: 15 Jul 1970
State (Year) SSN issued:

so this is GLB of Providence, RI is out of all GB probable as a well the GLB of Salem, NH, because I found that was living in all years until 1967( after I stopped my search) in NH, so 2 records are out...
regards, raf

In the 1900 or 1910 census records, who is he living with?

Here is another George Brady listed in the 1930 Census.
This George was in the US Veterans Hospital in Fishkill, NY which is about 12 miles from the Vassar Hospital where Margaret K. attended nursing school several years later.

Would it be worth it to investigate this further?

Hi KivaSupporter this your find could be interesting also... maybe you can search if you can find more abt this G Brady...
I also found another record, but I know not if could be interesting...
George Broda, single, labourer, born in Italy the 10 august 1900, imm. 1915( no 1914 and the first name was Giuseppe and not George; he changed the first name) resident in Merced, CA, laborer.. I found the WWI draft registration card and the nearest realtive was Carlo Broda father, waiter: in 1920 George Broda was in Merced, CA, alone, roomer (he declared born in California: no true; also no immigration year declaring... just if he was born in California)... no further record... missing.... I cannot read the eye's color in the WWI card, someone can help... ??? the size seeming to match enough, but the eye's color is important... thanks, raf

Attachments

• WWI george broda.jpg
    WWI george broda.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 125
It looks to me like blue eyes, but I'll pull it up on ancestry and see if I have a better view.

It said blue eyes, brown hair, and medium height and build.

This George Broda, italian, born as Giuseppe Broda, well when came in USA with Carlo Broda, father, in the 1914, the final destination was San Francisco and joining at a friend Giulio Cassina... so in a second time they moved in Merced.... I cannot find other records abt this people.. they coming from Moncalvo, Piedmont, Italy... Many italian Brodas changed the original surname in Brody.......

One of the things I did for my family research was used Ellis Island records for various reasons. It can have a wealth of information for particulars. I used it for George since his last name spelling has been spoken about.

What I did was put in 'George Brody' which nothing came up, which I figured, but what this does is gives variations of last name spellings. I find this helpful though and some food for thought on variations that could be used. Did George's last name originate from one of these?

This is a list of variations of last names 'Brody' could have been spelled like...

Brody, Broddy, Brodye, Broody, Brodi, Brodie, Broodie, Broudy, Broddie, Brady, Bradi, Braddy, Broti, Brotty, Brooti, Brudi, Bruddy, Bretty, Bredi, Breedy, Brety, Brudy, Bredy

I did not list every single one, since I felt some were not close enough to sound like Brody.

I believe that the Brody, charming little guy, it could be this person mentioned in this other article of 29 november 1926 (Oakland Tribune).. seeming the only Brody in this years in Los Angeles area and with bad intentions...

Attachments

• harry brody nov 1926.jpg
    harry brody nov 1926.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 114
I believe that the Brody, charming little guy, it could be this person mentioned in this other article of 29 november 1926 (Oakland Tribune).. seeming the only Brody in this years in Los Angeles area and with bad intentions...
Does anybody know why I can't see the attachments even when I'm logged in? After I log in, I just get repeated messages that I am not logged in.

Does anybody know why I can't see the attachments even when I'm logged in? After I log in, I just get repeated messages that I am not logged in.

Have you checked your user options? Go to user CP top left of page. Scroll down to user options and open. Scroll down again and make sure view images is checked off. Maybe something changed somehow during one of the many WS upgrades.

This is not the place, but while we are talking computer stuff, does anyone know how the tags here at WS work? Is that only for WS, or do they appear on say, google search options? I'd love to add some of the topics here which Anna might recall to tags which would appear on a search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva