Who was George Brody?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I no forgot Anna's search... I'm searching... but I wish show a image of a man in Oakland, year 1944, better, working in a school of Oakland... seeming to have a resemblance with our GB, or it is just a my impression?

any suggestion is appreciated..
regards, raf

Attachments

• george brady and.jpg
    george brady and.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 48
I see some resemblence raf, but it is hard to tell because the picture isn't very clear. The ears, nose and hairline match. GB's face looks a bit more oval to me and your 'possible match' is a little more square shaped. Hard to tell though.. and I am not good at judging how the face would age.

glad to see you.

Cubby

Hi all! I no forgot Anna's search... I'm searching... but I wish show a image of a man in Oakland, year 1944, better, working in a school of Oakland... seeming to have a resemblance with our GB, or it is just a my impression?

any suggestion is appreciated..
regards, raf
Dear Raf,
It is good to hear from you again. For some reason, I am not able to open the attachment with the picture. They keep telling me I am not logged in, even though obviously I AM logged in.

Hi Cubby, the ears... same angling.... also the nose... the eyes color... it is hard of to say... the oval face... yes..... but the school's man seeming to me having a face expression as who say: " well...?" so no a impassive or serene face....
it are some month that I found this picture... and never sent ... but I believe that I need of some suggestion from WS member abt this school man... hugs,
raf

I believe that Body was living in Oakland around this time, so that much fits. He also appears to be relatively short (compare his height to the other adult on the right side of the picture), which also fits. And it appears that he might be the janitor which I find absolutely hilarious since he fancied himself some kind of messiah (my apologies to any janitors out there!).

janitor .... GB declaring : "junior research assistant"....profession...!!! (!!!)
for bad luck I forgot the link of webpage... where the picture was....

raf,
Looking again I don't think so. Take a look at the ear on the right side of the picture. It appears unusually low and lines up with the cheek bone rather than near the eye area. I think if he were looking straight rather than leaning to the left his ears would be even more noticeably uneven.

Or does GB's ears look off too? Hard to tell from the angle. Need to find that other pic of GB in here somewhere. The younger phote he signed.

good catch!

Cubby

raf,
Looking again I don't think so. Take a look at the ear on the right side of the picture. It appears unusually low and lines up with the cheek bone rather than near the eye area. I think if he were looking straight rather than leaning to the left his ears would be even more noticeably uneven.

Or does GB's ears look off too? Hard to tell from the angle. Need to find that other pic of GB in here somewhere. The younger phote he signed.

good catch!

Cubby
I agree with you, Cubby. It's an amazing catch, but there are some marked differences. Brody's chin was narrow and rather pointed, the "outstanding" ears were thinner, the expression not so much pugnacious (as the janitor's) but rather cunning and sly.

I think the janitor's forehead is broader too...

thanks for replies....!
all the best,
raf

Hi Joe -
I am hoping you might be able to answer a question about the names and address or possible address of the coffee houses, or diners the two Georges frequented during the time you were investigating them.

It occured to me to try and utilize the city data forums, which other websleuthers have used in doing research, particularly for the Benjaman Kyle case. I'm not too familiar with city-data but would be willing to toss a few posts- and pictures of the two georges out there in the hopes of making contact with anyone who may have known them as customers or employees of those places back then.

Trying to think of other ways to possibly utilize the city-data forums as well.

Thank you Joe for any help!

Cubby

Cubby: Good idea. Sorry, my memory fails me. Annasmom or Doogie have access to my notes and could probably give you that info. Thank you for your unwavering support.

Ok Dr. Doogie, or Annasmom,
do you have the names of the diners the two George's frequented? Perhaps we can utilize the city data forums to see if we can find anyone who knew them, or perhaps utilize the city data forums for SF to post the classified info Annasmom wanted to put in the paper, especially since these forums are city specified?

Thanks

Oh I feel so bad you researched this for so long INH. The actual spelling of this name was not Eifee, but Erfle. I just renewed my subscription to Ancestry.com and thought I'd check this out. Unfortunately the handwriting of the 1930 census taker official was pretty poor. Ancestry had it spelled wrong as well, (Eifer). I ran a quick check of the first names & birth years listed and found them in the 1910 records. (They lived in North Dakota in 1910) That Handwriting was much eaiser to read. Here is a link to a MT cemetery with records for Louise, (Mom), John, (Dad), John Jr, Herman, and Bennie, (Benjamin) Erfle. http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/mt/stillwater/cemetery/rapelje.txt

I saved the original 1910 & 1930 census record to my computer. (Copy of microfilm) If anyone is interested in seeing them PM me & I'll e-mail them. I probably can't find them in the 1920 records because it appears they where moving from ND to MT during this time. They had a couple daughters before John Jr. was born who where in Stillwater co, MT in 1920 living as servants to other families.

bumping this post since it just came up in another thread.

I'm going to put out another theory about who GB might have been. As I'm going over draft registration forms for any GB, I noticed the one in Cleveland (listing DOB as 1890) worked for Arma Co. and later records show "Spring" companies. During WWII anyone with abilities in machinery were recruited and actually many who had worked for an "Arma Engineering" were tied to stealing secrets from the US military and selling them to the Russians. We all know about the Rosenbergs and their executions in 1953. Ironically, one of the bases of operation for some of these US spies were in both LA and SF during that time period. In books about the Rosenbergs there are references to a George Brode and many, many code names some known when the Venona documents were deciphered, some never known nor found. It made me wonder if that might be why we can't find GB in CA around 1953 for several years. Who knows if this is even his real name, but perhaps this could have been some form of income for him for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member