Who would "stash" Kyron for Terri...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think that's why she has never made a move to fight for baby K, even in the beginning, she knows she is going to eventually get locked up for what shes done and knows she will not be able to get custody of her child, only to have to relinquish her back to Kaine when shes incarcerated..JMO

No one in their right (or even twisted) mind is going to continue to hold an abducted Kyron 12 weeks later as some favor to someone. The FBI is involved, for goodness sakes. This is a national case.

When I think about this possibility it doesn't make any sense. There isn't some recluse/friend of TH who has a hidden cabin in the woods (like a unibomber who is willing to hide little kids?), who is hanging out with Kyron to 'protect' him from nefarious parents. Sorry, that just didn't happen.

And neither is some person being paid to hold Kyron (who would do this? some mafioso type?) How much money would it take for someone to do this as a favor for TH? Hundreds of thousands...millions? Think of the trouble they'd be in.

Occam's Razor comes to mind here. And the simplest and most straightforward explanation is that harm has befallen Kyron at someone's hands (likely TH, if LE is correct).

As for why Desiree believes Kyron is 'stashed' someplace, well she could be delusional, she could be in denial, she could be pretending to believe this to try and appeal to someone who has information...we don't know what she really believes. We only know what she's said to the media in interviews. And do we know for certain that 'stashed' = alive?

As much as I try and wrap my head around this possibility, it just doesn't add up.

What else could Desiree possibly give voice to, except for what she has said repeatedly?
The horror of this case has to be real to her, deep in her heart, but even Haleigh's mother, bless her heart, refuses to believe that Haleigh is dead. She would rather hope that she is with some of the sort of people Ron and Misty were running with, than to think her daughter is dead.

Maybe the constant reference to Kyron being alive is supposed to be a challenge for someone to prove them wrong...

Speculation alert! I'm going to admit up front that this post is just my attempt to speculate...and make sense of several disconnected elements that have puzzled me. It may be that I am lacking information that some of you may provide...and then I can dismiss my theory altogether.

There is a quote that I love that says, "I never learned anything from anyone who agreed with me." In so many ways, I find that quote true to life. I hope the exchange of ideas here is seen as shared desire to find the truth, despite sometimes finding ourselves on different paths toward the same goal.

But, bear with me, I'm going to try to knit these "strange" elements together with a reasonable but purely speculative theory of explanation. Please tell me if you think this absolutely not a possibility.

1. Why do Kaine and Desiree keep demanding Terri "cooperate?" Couldn't she just say..."I've told them all I know; I have nothing more!" Has her attorney, on her behalf ever said this or something like it...ever told us that Terri has told LE all she knows?

Desiree, even more so than Kaine, IMHO, is convinced and has been convinced from that first phone call on June 4, that Terri is involved. To engage a person with that mindset it fruitless, IMHO. Also, IMHO, Houze is much more concerned about the big picture, in essence winning the war than winning any particular battle, and IMHO, his strategy reflects that mindset.

Houze knows Terri has already been convicted in the court of public opinion. He knows LE, Desiree, Kaine, and Tony believe Terri is guilty. IMHO, there is no point trying to change their minds. Until or unless it is proved that someone completely unknown to Terri abducted and murdered Kyron, Terri is going to be the focus.

In essence, all he can do is wait, and then he will defend her. I have nothing to back up the following, as it is merely an unsupportable opinion, but I believe Houze has something in his back pocket that will benefit Terri to the extreme should this ever go to trial.

2. Why do Kaine and Desiree think Kyron is "stashed" and alive? Is it just denial of a probable reality?

I strongly believe they believe this for two reasons -- 1.) it's the only way Kyron can still be alive. IMHO, for whatever reason, Desiree and/or Kaine don't believe Terri is capable of killing Kyron. Yesterday, Desiree stated in an interview that her belief that Kyron is alive comes from a place inside her as opposed to information provided by LE. Deep down, I believe she believes Terri incapable of murdering Kyron, hence the belief that this was an abduction out of revenge, either Terri's or someone else's, and thus Kyron could be alive. If Kyron was abducted by a sex offender, then Desiree has to face the very, very strong possibility that her child was taken, likely raped and tortured, then murdered and discarded like trash. If those are her options, of course she wants to believe Terri is responsible. 2.) Terri's alibis prevent her from having that time to abduct, murder, and dispose of Kyron by herself. I don't think Terri was driving around for 90 minutes. I think the window of time in which she drove around baby K is less, perhaps much less, and while unverifiable, simply not enough time to do away with Kyron.

3. Why hasn't Terri fought for Baby K?

I think the sexting created a lot of problems for Terri, and I also think that even if she's innocent, her mindset is probably whacked right now. Even if she's innocent, she's at the center of a missing child investigation, she's was the subject of a sting the purpose of which was to expose her involvement in a murder for hire plot, etc.

The filing by Bunch is rather informative. There is a series of tests and observations Terri would have to undergo in order to fight for custody of baby K, and Bunch and Houze know that with the intense scrutiny surrounding Terri it would be difficult for an unbiased evaluation to take place. This is another example of Houze thinking about the big picture, in essence the war, as opposed to the battle. I've been intrigued by Terri's willingness to play by Houze's rules. Perhaps she, too, is thinking about the big picture.

IMHO, she won't stay in limbo forever, and Houze won't allow it, either. If Terri is not arrested, and no indictment is handed down by the grand jury, Houze will begin to work on Terri's behalf for, at minimum, visitation with her daughter.

4. Why does it often sound when Kaine and Desiree address Terri in these public moments like there is an "elephant in the living room?" Why should Terri care "how she's remembered?" That sounds like Terri is going somewhere?

I'm not sure there is an elephant in the room. Both Desiree and Kaine are at a loss about Terri's motivation for doing this. In yesterday's interviews, at least one, anyway, Desiree was asked about Terri's motivation for doing something like this, and Desiree's response indicated bewilderment, IMHO, not secret knowledge of Terri taking part in something illegal or Terri caught up in drugs, gambling, prostitution, or anything of the sort that may have led to Kyron's abduction.

I think LE has discovered that Terri was involved with others in something illegal. I think Terri has clammed up since this discovery was made. This is why the parents keep asking her to inform on the others...tell everything.

If LE had uncovered proof that Terri was involved in something illegal, they would've arrested her.

I think Kyron saw something he shouldn't have. Maybe Kaine and Desiree truly believe Terri would not let anyone harm him...so therefore, she's "stashed" him. Maybe after the hand-off, Terri does not know what the others did with Kyron. But she and DeDe are involved with people they now fear more than LE.

The more people this plot requires to be possible, the less likely it is that Terri is involved, IMHO. This isn't the mob or a gang. If Terri was involved in something illegal, the harm would've been directed toward her, IMHO. Kyron is not even her biological son. If this was about inflicting emotional damage on Terri, why not take J? He was as easily accessible as Kyron, IMHO.

I think Terri is scared to death now...and has not fought for Baby K because she fears for her. Even if they cannot prove she was involved with Kyron's disappearance, LE will in time charge her with the other criminal activity. She will be somewhere where Baby K will only be able to "remember her." "How do you want to be remembered," asks Desiree? Now it makes sense.

IMHO, Desiree is appealing to Terri in any way she can. She's appealed to her to do the right thing, through baby K, through her legacy, etc. IMHO, it's a tactic and not a reflection of insider knowledge.

Even investigating the $350,000 fits in this scenario...did she "earn it" somehowin this illegal activity?

This, IMO, is why Desiree and Kaine seem strangely convinced Kyron is alive. I don't think this is parental abduction. I don't think anymore that Terri snapped. Or that she hated Kyron. She may have sent her other boy away to keep him from discovering what she and her friends were doing. She thought Kyron was too young...but he uncovered the secret. Her "friends" said they wouldn't harm him...but he had to go far away.

Kaine and Desiree think if Terri tells all...implicates everyone...they can get Kyron safely back.

Therefore he is "safe" but snatched.

Just my current lame musings. May be entirely off base.

Desiree specifically stated that her belief that Kyron is alive is coming from a place inside her, not from information provided by LE. IMHO, LE is not acting as if Kyron is alive, that he is stashed somewhere, that some misguided do-gooder has him. Terri doesn't have Kyron. Dede doesn't have Kyron. A mystery person has been alleged, but there has been no urgency on the part of LE to identify this person. If Kyron is alive and stashed somewhere, LE should be busting *advertiser censored* to find the accomplice and bring Kyron home.

IMHO, one must question why LE is not urgently working to find Kyron.

I have to say, I agree with everything you wrote, Cypress.

Cypress, how do we know that LE is not urgently working to find Kyron? What would you like to see them doing that you aren't seeing? I'm really curious about this statement and not bashing you at all.

Everything else in your above post is SPOT on, IMO, and that's why I'm wondering where your last comment is coming from and what you'd like to see done differently. TIA

They can't be really urgently working to find him if Terri is the only suspect and they can't speak to her. Doesn't mean they don't urgently want to find him, but how can they, if this is their only theory?

They can't be really urgently working to find him if Terri is the only suspect and they can't speak to her. Doesn't mean they don't urgently want to find him, but how can they, if this is their only theory?

Good point, but if they (LE, FBI, etc...) don't have leads in any other direction that have panned out, what are they suppose to do? Chase their tails?

I'm only saying this because the media gloms onto a story and spins it however they want to spin it. I've experienced this first hand. LE has been very closed lipped in this particular case. Much to our public wanting to know frustration. Even Desiree commented in her last statement to media that LE had no hand in what she was about to say to TH.

I also have a firm opinion that Desiree is being guided by her LE husband TY as to how to appeal to the public in her pleas to TH to come forward with info.

If there is very little else to follow as far as leads going in a different direction what is LE supposed to do? They have to develop the leads they are given.

Good point, but if they (LE, FBI, etc...) don't have leads in any other direction that have panned out, what are they suppose to do? Chase their tails?

I'm only saying this because the media gloms onto a story and spins it however they want to spin it. I've experienced this first hand. LE has been very closed lipped in this particular case. Much to our public wanting to know frustration. Even Desiree commented in her last statement to media that LE had no hand in what she was about to say to TH.

I also have a firm opinion that Desiree is being guided by her LE husband TY as to how to appeal to the public in her pleas to TH to come forward with info.

If there is very little else to follow as far as leads going in a different direction what is LE supposed to do? They have to develop the leads they are given.

IMHO, it has to do with LE's actions conveying that they also believe Terri had help in whatever was done to Kyron.

There was no indication LE believed Terri had an accomplice until around the time DS became known to the public. Around the time DS emerged in this case, LE released the questionnaire, and also the information was leaked about the stranger in/around the truck. If LE believed Dede was the person in/around the truck, they would have paired her image with the staged photographs of the truck and would've asked the public if they'd seen Dede in/around the truck at Skyline that day.

IMHO, it would be similar to what they did with Terri in the first questionnaire, so I don't know why they'd not do it with Dede if they believe it was her. They put her on another questionnaire, asking if anyone had seen her on or around several roads, so obviously there's not a reluctance on the part of LE to jog the memories of the locals by suggestion.

If it's not her, and yet LE is seriously considering the witness information, then why is there no composite? How can a witness or perhaps multiple witnesses have seen this person and yet have absolutely no idea about the person's physical make-up -- not the gender, skin color, age, facial hair, hair color, general build, nothing. So either the witness is credible and can give a description, but LE's not releasing that description for some completely inexplicable reason, or the witness can't give a description, came to light two months after the fact, and you're left to wonder about the credibility of the witness's account.

It takes time to subpoena phone records and receive computer forensics. DS came on the scene 3 weeks after Kyron disappeared. We aren't privy to phone records and computer forensics at this point to determine if she was or wasn't on the scene sooner than the media made us aware of her. She lawyered up pretty darn quick. Not saying I blame her. IMO, she still could be an unknowing accomplice to TH's grand scheme. Of the dozen and 1/2 people that have been interviewed by the GJ, only a couple have spoken to the media. We simply don't know what LE or the GJ has developed/discovered in this case.

We can speculate till the cows come home, but that doesn't make anything WE think true.

All I know for certain is that LE and Desiree and Kaine have handled this case very cryptically in the media. It baffles me, but as long as the end result is Kyron comes home, I'll be satisfied.

It takes time to subpoena phone records and receive computer forensics. DS came on the scene 3 weeks after Kyron disappeared. We aren't privy to phone records and computer forensics at this point to determine if she was or wasn't on the scene sooner than the media made us aware of her. She lawyered up pretty darn quick. Not saying I blame her. IMO, she still could be an unknowing accomplice to TH's grand scheme. Of the dozen and 1/2 people that have been interviewed by the GJ, only a couple have spoken to the media. We simply don't know what LE or the GJ has developed/discovered in this case.

We can speculate till the cows come home, but that doesn't make anything WE think true.

All I know for certain is that LE and Desiree and Kaine have handled this case very cryptically in the media. It baffles me, but as long as the end result is Kyron comes home, I'll be satisfied.

IMHO, Dede is either willfully involved or not involved at all. She says she never left the property that day, so either she's lying and knows why she's lying, meaning she's willfully concealing information, or she's telling the truth and she's not involved in Kyron's disappearance.

IMHO, Dede is either willfully involved or not involved at all. She says she never left the property that day, so either she's lying and knows why she's lying, meaning she's willfully concealing information, or she's telling the truth and she's not involved in Kyron's disappearance.

I agree.

Although I guess there is a third choice; She's unwillfully involved. In other words, Terri convinced her to help her with *something* which seemed innocent, maybe even a good cause, and by the time she realized what was going on, she was involved up to her eyeballs and sees no good way to extricate herself at this time.

I agree.

Although I guess there is a third choice; She's unwillfully involved. In other words, Terri convinced her to help her with *something* which seemed innocent, maybe even a good cause, and by the time she realized what was going on, she was involved up to her eyeballs and sees no good way to extricate herself at this time.

I would concede, except she says she never left the property that day...so she really couldn't have innocently helped with anything, you know?

Even if Terri brought baby K to the property and had Dede babysit her while she worked, which would fit with Dede never leaving the property and her helping Terri in some way, a completely implausible scenario, IMHO, Dede would have to realize by now that something was amiss, and yet Dede seems firm in her assertion that Terri is innocent (per the People mag article).

And yet, Dede's lawyer tells the media that he thinks TH is going to be arrested. What did Dede tell him that caused him to have loose lips?

I sometimes feel that DeDe knows something after the fact and TH may have involved her. JMHO.

It could be the reason that DeDe moved in with TH after Kaine moved out. To get an understanding of what exactly TH involved her in. Any thoughts?

Yeah, I don't see DD being involved, but at the same time I wonder.

I saw something on some crime show yesterday that said something along the lines of when two people get together and break the law, they often take it much further than either one would have done on their own.

That smirk kinda got to me too. But this does seem like the kind of thing someone would do on their own.

Idk...it's very confusing...

And yet, Dede's lawyer tells the media that he thinks TH is going to be arrested. What did Dede tell him that caused him to have loose lips?

I sometimes feel that DeDe knows something after the fact and TH may have involved her. JMHO.

It could be the reason that DeDe moved in with TH after Kaine moved out. To get an understanding of what exactly TH involved her in. Any thoughts?

Honestly, I'm in no way, shape, or form convinced of Terri's guilt, but I wouldn't be surprised if Terri is arrested, either. Even Terri's father indicated there was a chance she'd be arrested, and I don't believe, at that time, he believed she was guilty.

Believing she may be arrested doesn't mean you believe she's guilty, IMHO, but with all the focus on her, it wouldn't exactly be a surprise. IMHO, that's the spirit in which the lawyer made his comment.

Also IMHO, Desiree and Kaine have admitted that LE has slowed the flow of information, and DS has indicated she didn't leave the property that day and she indicates she believes Terri is innocent, so I don't believe DS's attorney is privy to any insider information.

Just my opinion, though...

It's unusual that a "data" guy like Kaine would go so far as to buy school supplies.

I wonder if some of this hope of "stashing" goes back to the Lie Dector tesrs Terri took.

Perhaps Kaine and Desiree are privy to exactly which questions Terri "failed." Maybe none of the questions indicated that Kyron had been harmed.

But maybe she failed the questions that had to do with being part of a kidnapping.

Maybe Terri was asked something like "Did you help someone else take Kyron from the school?"...several times and each time she answered "no!" and it showed deception.

If so, the hopes of Kaine and Desiree would be based not just on wishful thinking.

Even if Kyron had been taken as a part of some kind of plan of Terri's to be kept somewhere...it's gone on too long. Kaine buying school supplies does not make me think he "knows" anything. He is a father before he is a "data guy." He may not be as emotional as Desiree is, but he still can't think the worst.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore
Back