Whoa! Meter Reader gave tip on August 13th!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What's your gut reaction?

• Meter Reader called in tips, then went searching on his own.

Votes: 441 89.8%
  • Meter Reader is the one who killed Caylee.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Meter Reader is related to an accomplice.

Votes: 37 7.5%
  • Meter Reader is Casey's accomplice.

Votes: 10 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is judging- maybe asking questions and talking about it, that's all.
More questions I have: Why didn't the meter reader make the 9-1-1 call? Why wasn't he available for interviews? If he were an amateur detective on the case for 5 months, you'd think he'd be happy to talk about his finally solving the puzzle?

JoAnn_W

What I mean in terms of judging is that to place him as a possible accomplice, with so very, very little to suggest that, would not be fair to this guy. There have been so many things that have been put out there and runaway with that I would hate to see this happen again. Just being openminded with what we know.

In a case such as this (*HUGE* via media), with this newest info released, what interviews would you expect him to do? I think he is being smart at this point. I have no doubt he has already spoken with LE and shared his story. I have no doubt more questions will be asked. But, place himself in the media frenzy, I don't blame him for going where he has gone. I am sure it has been under legal advice.

Wierd as it is, I don't think the meter reader Mr G. has anything to do with the crime. He doesn't fit in with the rest of the evidence (kinda like Mark Karr in the JBR case), Casey does. He is just an interested citizen, and probably since his tips in August were not followed up, and the waters have receded in the area, he wanted to make sure Caylee was found by Christmas. My hats off to you Mr. G!

What I'm thinking is that the meter reader found the bag (he was on his own, off duty), then called his supervisor who came out in his official vehicle and made the 911 call on his behalf. You're right that LE would pay more attention to an official calling than just a tipster.

I know on NG they said that if he was on duty he would not be eligible for any reward (the bounty hunter was trying to figure out a way around that rule so he could get it)...so maybe now he wants it known that he wasn't on duty, so he could at least get the reward, which I think he should.

It probably had already been reported on TV that this area was one where KC frequented as a kid and was a hang out...so he probably figured it was a good place to start looking. And if he was the Anthony's meter reader, maybe he knew them? You know, just like alot of people know their postman.

Point to what? It's now being reported it was a smell he reported.

Captain Nieves said they were contacted about a bag on the side of the road by the meter reader. I wonder why he didn't poke that one with a stick? I wonder why the deputy didn't open it?

JoAnn_W

What confuses me is what happened on August 13th when he met the deputy there? Did he point to it and leave? Why not go back on the 14th? What made him give up on the 13th, but go back on the 11th?

As far as a route- there are conflicvtuing reports saying he was/wasn't on duty. Also, I don't think there are any water meters in the woods.

JoAnn_W

According to LE today: "He contacted us regarding a grey bag that was out here." Only on the third call did LE respond and go to the area and talk to the man. They say the meter reader is credible.

Below is my speculation:

He probably pointed to the bag, and the deputy said thanks and they'd take care of it. The meter reader probably figured the bag must not have been important since nothing ever came of it. So then maybe it eats at him a bit, so he stops by again while on his route (in the area) and this time maybe he opens the bag, and a skull falls out. He doesn't want to call LE again personally because he's afraid they'll just blow him off again.

That really peeves me off. If LE would have followed up, they could have found her that much sooner and may had more remains/ soft tissue to nail casey with.

Nancy Grace producer, Natisha, is saying: "Correct- this is the exact location the guy saw the bag at."

JoAnn_W

The Sherrif

http://www.wesh.com/news/18306094/detail.html

Capt. Angelo Nieves of the Orange County Sheriff's Office said that the same utilities worker called in tips on Aug. 12 and 13 and Dec. 11 regarding the area where the remains were found last week

Nieves said the calls were handled differently. He said no deputy was brought to the scene after the first call, CrimeLine handled the second call and a deputy responded the third time the meter reader called regarding the scene. Nieves said what happened in that timeframe is being looked into.

He clarified that the utilities worker is not a suspect.

so..he saw the bag on the side of the road on the 11th and contacted LE...nothing was followed up on. Was the bag still there on the 12th? then on the 13th no bag but smell of death?

Maybe this is a spot he stops at on a regular basis to, relieve himself? How far away is the nearest gas station? when ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

if the defense thinks this is a get outta jail free card for kc, they should think again. what's that old saying...you can take the meter reader outta the woods, but ya can't take the decomp outta the car?

hmmm.....

This man was not looking for a reward, get real. He did a good deed. PERIOD

What if the meter reader got ahold of the deputy but no bag when they went back. What if Lee moved the bag further into the field? Or some other member of the family??

Captain Nieves said they were contacted about a bag on the side of the road by the meter reader. I wonder why he didn't poke that one with a stick? I wonder why the deputy didn't open it?

JoAnn_W

At this point it's "would of, should have, could of". LE holds the responsibility of not following through. I am sure this is a mantra they are repeating over and over and over again now.

And here I was sitting on the edge of my seat, listening to the press conference today, hoping for some bit of closure w/ possibly them saying its definitely Caylee. Now we have a hinky meter reader (who sounded a little hinky to me on the 911 call even---when he yelled out "hi!" before he got on the line w/ the operator). So no closure---more questions, more reasonable doubt, possibly! KC is having the most dumb luck I have ever seen someone have!

Yes, I'm ranting......sorry, I can't help it!!:crazy:

That wasn't the meter reader the dispatcher was talking to, it was the utility office dispatcher.

Thanks, whatsthatclue. Tricia, have you found that shrink yet I think I might need, lol?

Good Lord. I am going to try and get a group rate for all of us with a really good shrink. We are going to need it. YIKES.

Sorry but I have not read the whole thread yet so if this has been posted please forgive me.

Even if the cops did follow up on his tip the area would have been covered in water...I think. I think it was covered in water in August.

I do know the water only receeded about 2-3 weeks ago.

Tricia

This is crazy. Why would a cop not bother to OPEN the bag? I could see if he was called to the general area and not find anything but to have the bag pointed out and nothing came of it? Something stinks.

Below is my speculation:
He probably pointed to the bag, and the deputy said thanks and they'd take care of it. The meter reader probably figured the bag must not have been important since nothing ever came of it. So then maybe it eats at him a bit, so he stops by again while on his route (in the area) and this time maybe he opens the bag, and a skull falls out. He doesn't want to call LE again personally because he's afraid they'll just blow him off again.

Why didn't he just call OSCO and ask what happened to the bag? If he can testify that he showed the bag to the deputy and left, then that deputy has a lot of 'splaining to do. What deputy would go out there, see the bag, smell that undeniable smell, then leave? Something is not adding up.

If it ate at him, why didn't he call the Anthiny's, Leonard or Tim or a news station, or, like I said before- the cops.

JoAnn_W

I am flipping between wesh 2 and fox and
wondering if the meter man could be an accomplice.

Reluctant as I have been to think anyone but KC is involved, this makes me wonder. This is just so bizzare. If this guy called three times in three days, then the water came, then just as soon as the water receeded, hello, he's back and poofo, there's the body. This is scary and confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668