Whoa! Meter Reader gave tip on August 13th!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What's your gut reaction?

• Meter Reader called in tips, then went searching on his own.

Votes: 441 89.8%
  • Meter Reader is the one who killed Caylee.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Meter Reader is related to an accomplice.

Votes: 37 7.5%
  • Meter Reader is Casey's accomplice.

Votes: 10 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Le better clear themselves of any wrong doing or the defense is going to have a field day with the new info on the meter man- Bet they pull his computer and see if he ever had contact with Casey.

Yes, I agree. Will they try to get a polygraph of this guy right away?

I was thinking....what about the guy that just *showed up* to visit KC and jail from high school...and said so and so said to say hi and let you know you have friends here to support and back you up?

According to wftv the man told LE that he went back because he had a nagging feeling.

August 15th "Shep says LE has received three tips about smell coming from woods behind Anthony home"

This is unreal.....The OCSD is screwed no matter what they say.

If they say they checked out the tips & searched the area thouroughly then Baez is going to say that proves that the bag wasn't there.

If they didn't respond to the calls then that is proof of "Shoddy" police work

I can't help but panic about this. Is this as HUGE for the defense as it sounds? Because, the way the reporters explained this it raised DOUBT in my mind when I have no doubt that KC is responsible for this. :confused:

Something is very hinky about this whole thing. I don't know that the meter reader had anything to do with this case but I wonder if he isn't friends with one of the players in this story that heard the remains were there? Perhaps some of Casey's friends know something and are hiding the truth from LE but somehow this meter reader heard something and tried to report it. Since he didn't show up for the first meeting with LE perhaps he got scared. Looks like he has a conscience. However, it makes no sense that between august and now he never tried going back there or calling LE again. Something is very suspicious here. I also find it odd that Nieves is so sure that the meter reader is just a concerned citizen without checking him out to see if he knows any players in this case.

My biggest concern with this is reasonable doubt. I do NOT want anything happening with this case that would give a jury any reason whatsoever to not convict Casey.
This is weird, though. I thought it was weird that he went so far in to pee-wouldn't he just go behind the nearest tree that would have concealed him?
But, seeing how interested we all are in this case, it is also not too weird to think that he would look on his own. I'm actually surprised that noone else did...
I don't know. But this is fascinating.

I started digging thru the tips, they seem to have only released 1500 of the 5000 and those are all psychic tips? Nothing on those dates I could find (except a couple of creepy ones about black trash bags, I know lots of bodies are found in them but still, and a particularly odd one about her being with the hamster).

According to Leonard Padilla, Casey buried her hamster there- at "The Zone."

JoAnn

Does anyone remember if Gale and her cadaver dogs ever searched in this area? I think I recall her searching near or around an elementary school. I can't remember which one or on which dates.

Shortly after the press conference, News 13 received a statement from Todd Black, Jose Baez’s spokesman.

“This is a perfect example of why the public and the media should not be pre-judging this case. And Casey Anthony should be given the presumption of innocence until after all the facts and all the information is revealed.

There is absolutely no doubt that law enforcement is continuing to withhold vital information, and it would be probably be a good idea for the meter reader to retain an attorney.”

My message back to Todd B. - This does not change everything we already know about KC, don't try to spin this away from her direct involvment in this, it wont work.

This poor guy is being trashed in the media right now. No wonder he is staying away from the public eye. No it is being stated that the Defense camp is very busy with all of this New information.

I thought the bag with the remains was black...so if he saw a gray bag in August, was it a different bag? Maybe he smelled something in August and thought it was coming from the gray bag at the side of the road, but it was actually coming from the black bag which was further in the woods and therefore under water...

I caught that "gray" word right away - even rewound it. Could explain everything, if it was a different bag. Everything except the odd coincidence of the LOCATION.

I don't think the MR's involved in a bad way. I also refuse to blame this on the OCSO, because I love them.

Wftv also states that the meter ready accompanied the deputies but nothing was found. Then 2 weeks later,the hurricane came so isn't is possible that the water could have made the bag float closer in?

Could an animal have dragged the bag further in woods from the side of the road by the time the cops came, or maybe when the floods came thru and washed further back? I dont think the meter reader guy is involved, I think he is like any one of us that are curious and had a "feeling". Poor guy, his life is going to be turned upside down!

Something is very hinky about this whole thing. I don't know that the meter reader had anything to do with this case but I wonder if he isn't friends with one of the players in this story that heard the remains were there? Perhaps some of Casey's friends know something and are hiding the truth from LE but somehow this meter reader heard something and tried to report it. Since he didn't show up for the first meeting with LE perhaps he got scared. Looks like he has a conscience. However, it makes no sense that between august and now he never tried going back there or calling LE again. Something is very suspicious here. I also find it odd that Nieves is so sure that the meter reader is just a concerned citizen without checking him out to see if he knows any players in this case.
I agree with you. If you feel that strongly about something you'd be sure to keep all dates with LE.

someone asked if this could be the guy who visited her in jail from high school? Wasnt that guys name PAT? She mentioned his name to her mom in that jail interview I think-

I think we are going to find that this Meter Reader was following this case very closely.

He was probably just like many of us here at WS & while he was out at work he searched on his own.

But what I don't understand is how he KNEW that the bag was there

He called 3 times and told LE to search - Not once or twice but THREE TIMES

Then he goes there himself & finds the Body.....OH MY GOD

The OCSD is screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics