Who's Who in Cold Cases

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Welcome to all of our new members with an interest in Cold Cases. A few staff members, such as KayElJay and myself, are particularly interested in cold cases, and always thrilled to help members who need assistance posting about an older, forgotten case. Please do not hesitate to reach either of us by private message if we can help you.

To get the ball rolling and help us in our search efforts, please include a victim's name, locale, and approximate date of death. The name of the investigating LE agency is helpful, too. And of course, any MSM links you might have available will speed things along. Then we can open a thread, and try to garner attention for your case.

:tyou:

Bessie
WS Administrator

Hello,

My name is Kyle Olson and I recently learned about the Web Sleuths community and think you guys are doing really great work. I am a documentary filmmaker who recently completed a short documentary on a cold murder case in my hometown of Milwaukee, WI.

I was hoping to post about this case on the website, but I can't quite figure out *how* to post. What is the best way to go about posting a thread on the forum?

Thanks so much in advance for your help. Apologies if this is posted in the wrong area...I'm new to the forum world. Thanks so much again.

Welcome to Ws, HollywoodTinman,here is the thread for Ashleigh!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?261289-WI-Ashleigh-Love-19-Killed-in-Milwaukee-2009&p=12987726#post12987726
[h=2]WI - Ashleigh Love, 19. Killed in Milwaukee, 2009[/h]

Hello all,

I am here on Websleuths because of my interest in true crime, and Holly Metzger Carruthers, she went missing back in December 17, 2007, she was found deceased on March 19, 2008. After the funeral for Holly, the media attention on her case disappeared, everyone stopped asking questions, and they just accepted it as fact, that she just fell into the river and drowned on that fateful night nine years ago. Well, now I have seen the case files from Lexington Police Department, there are so many loose ends to the case, and so many unanswered questions, where do I go from here?

EDIT: Apologies, I left out the location for the case, Lexington, Ohio.

Here is a link to honestly one of the last articles that exist on her on the internet:

http://www.times-gazette.com/local news/2008/03/20/family-thankful-body-recovered

Hello all,

I am here on Websleuths because of my interest in true crime, and Holly Metzger Carruthers, she went missing back in December 17, 2007, she was found deceased on March 19, 2008. After the funeral for Holly, the media attention on her case disappeared, everyone stopped asking questions, and they just accepted it as fact, that she just fell into the river and drowned on that fateful night nine years ago. Well, now I have seen the case files from Lexington Police Department, there are so many loose ends to the case, and so many unanswered questions, where do I go from here?

EDIT: Apologies, I left out the location for the case, Lexington, Ohio.

Here is a link to honestly one of the last articles that exist on her on the internet:

http://www.times-gazette.com/local news/2008/03/20/family-thankful-body-recovered

Welcome to Ws TheKinginYellow, glad to see you have found Holly's thread which was created here in 2007, hope you find some answers in 2017 !
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?57937-OH-Holly-Metzger-Carruthers-24-Lexington-17-Dec-2007&p=13010084&highlight=Holly+Metzger+Carruthers#post13010084
OH - Holly Metzger Carruthers, 34, Lexington, 17 Dec 2007

Thank you dotr, I am actively pursuing this, and have access to information not known to public, I am planning on sharing information with the Ws community, hopefully other input will help me bring justice to Holly.

Hi all! I never introduced myself. I have been here a few months but never introduced myself. I am Armchair-Reader. I have an associate's degree in criminal justice and graduated from the Ohio Police Officer Training Academy O.P.O.T.A. years ago. My first love is the field of Psychology, abnormal psychology to be exact. I came across websleuths while searching for a girl I use to care for who went missing in 2010. Nikki Forrest age 19 and pregnant. In the same town years before that another girl had gone missing. Shaylene Farrell. Both have never been seen nor heard from again. It is thought that Christopher Below had something to do with Shaylene's disappearance. Also 7 miles from my hometown is the grave of poor Buckskin Girl.
Ohio has its fair share of SKs. My theory is because of the I75/I70 interchange and the many state routes.

Hi all! I never introduced myself. I have been here a few months but never introduced myself. I am Armchair-Reader. I have an associate's degree in criminal justice and graduated from the Ohio Police Officer Training Academy O.P.O.T.A. years ago. My first love is the field of Psychology, abnormal psychology to be exact. I came across websleuths while searching for a girl I use to care for who went missing in 2010. Nikki Forrest age 19 and pregnant. In the same town years before that another girl had gone missing. Shaylene Farrell. Both have never been seen nor heard from again. It is thought that Christopher Below had something to do with Shaylene's disappearance. Also 7 miles from my hometown is the grave of poor Buckskin Girl.
Ohio has its fair share of SKs. My theory is because of the I75/I70 interchange and the many state routes.

Welcome to Ws Armchair-reader!
You have probably already found Nikki's thread here, but just in case..
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?122570-OH-Nikki-Lyn-Forrest-19-Piqua-25-Sept-2010-Pregnant

Shaylene's thread
[url]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?111273-OH-Shaylene-Marie-Farrell-18-Piqua-8-Aug-1994

[/URL]

New to this.

Saw Season 1 of The Killing Season on Amazon and saw this site.

Always liked a good mystery. English BA with American Studies and Creative Writing Concentration so I have always fancied being a writer. I am ex mil, college grad and a father. Have not finished Season 1 of the TKS so no spoliers :)

Not sure how I can help or where to start but I have ideas on a few things that I have already posted to at those certain links here on Sleuths.

Look forward to some informative discussion.

Just Jake

Hey there Armchair-Reader, I think we could could could collaborate together, as I do not have much experience in this, I am trying to figure out what happened to Holly Metzger-Carruthers as she has long been forgotten. It would be nice to be in communication with someone in the same state as me and same experience, though I never finished OPOTA, I am working on my CJ associate's. I feel very lost and don't know where to start.

I retired last year after serving 30+ years as a legal assistant in a DA's Office. I was often the only person in the rural office which shared Asst DA's who roved in several other counties in the circuit. I was the first face a victim or victims' families would see, & bonded with them throughout the case. Many victims remain in my life today. A mission field came through my office door each workday. I was on-call 24/7 in the rural county for prep of search warrants & DA subpoenas for records that were needed ASAP. I was on speed dial with the coroner to order autopsies. Law enforcement found it faster to contact me when they needed to locate an attorney for a situation. I worked parts of lots of Christmas holidays & considered it my gift to those in need of the services. I trained new staffers for five counties, researched all jury venires, prepped witnesses & attended all trials. I was blessed to have worked with lots of super talented judges, attorneys, human resource staffers, experts & investigators. I say all this to say -- I'm hoping my experience will someday be beneficial to the efforts of this site. I'm new here.

Personally --- My husband & I live in our newly purchased lake home since retiring in 2016, & enjoy every part of lake life. I am an avid gardener having never met a daylily or hydrangea that I didn't love. Our two daughters are married with small children, all about an hour away. I am new to this, but think it will possibly be a way in which I may have an opportunity to share an idea in a case, or have the know-how to help victims.

"THINK like a person of action. ACT like a person of thought."

I retired last year after serving 30+ years as a legal assistant in a DA's Office. I was often the only person in the rural office which shared Asst DA's who roved in several other counties in the circuit. I was the first face a victim or victims' families would see, & bonded with them throughout the case. Many victims remain in my life today. A mission field came through my office door each workday. I was on-call 24/7 in the rural county for prep of search warrants & DA subpoenas for records that were needed ASAP. I was on speed dial with the coroner to order autopsies. Law enforcement found it faster to contact me when they needed to locate an attorney for a situation. I worked parts of lots of Christmas holidays & considered it my gift to those in need of the services. I trained new staffers for five counties, researched all jury venires, prepped witnesses & attended all trials. I was blessed to have worked with lots of super talented judges, attorneys, human resource staffers, experts & investigators. I say all this to say -- I'm hoping my experience will someday be beneficial to the efforts of this site. I'm new here.

Personally --- My husband & I live in our newly purchased lake home since retiring in 2016, & enjoy every part of lake life. I am an avid gardener having never met a daylily or hydrangea that I didn't love. Our two daughters are married with small children, all about an hour away. I am new to this, but think it will possibly be a way in which I may have an opportunity to share an idea in a case, or have the know-how to help victims.

"THINK like a person of action. ACT like a person of thought."

Welcome! I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're thrilled to have you here & join in our discussions. It sounds like you have both the passion AND experience and will be a wonderful asset to Websleuths.

I found this site when a family friend went missing (still missing). I have lived in Texas my whole life. Go Cowboys! I have a degree in psychology and criminal justice. I am currently an investigator for the state DFPS agency.
I am addicted to missing person cases. I admin the Missing in Texas Facebook page.
I have 3 children and 3 grandchildren.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Lordy I just noticed this is a very old post haha... don't know why it showed up on my feed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm Theresa but I go by Tink.
I've been a lurker here forever and I post sporadically.
I guess how I got involved was I found my ex husbands 48 year old sister, she was taken by a family member when she was 2. I also fund my current husband's twin 16 year old daughters, they were taken by their mother at 18 months old. LOTS of history with both of those stories but they both come down to dirty family members trying to be vindictive and mean.
I am married, we have 5 children between us. The twins are now 18, my daughter is 15, his son is 12 and the tiny girl is 9 now. He works in a papermill, I moved to here to Washington state from Indiana about 3 years ago now. I am a medical professional at a hospital local to here. I kit, crochet, sew, tinker with computers, I sing, love video games...I'm a bit of a trivia nerd as well.
I work nights, so I am nocturnal. You'll probably find me late at night through the morning. I go into comas i the afternoon :")

I like to get in deep and find that missing pearl that we are all looking for. I hope to be an asset to the team :)
Pixiedust to all!

I guess how I got involved was I found my ex husbands 48 year old sister, she was taken by a family member when she was 2. I also fund my current husband's twin 16 year old daughters, they were taken by their mother at 18 months old. LOTS of history with both of those stories but they both come down to dirty family members trying to be vindictive and mean.
I am married, we have 5 children between us. The twins are now 18, my daughter is 15, his son is 12 and the tiny girl is 9 now. He works in a papermill, I moved to here to Washington state from Indiana about 3 years ago now. I am a medical professional at a hospital local to here. I kit, crochet, sew, tinker with computers, I sing, love video games...I'm a bit of a trivia nerd as well.
I work nights, so I am nocturnal. You'll probably find me late at night through the morning. I go into comas i the afternoon :")

I like to get in deep and find that missing pearl that we are all looking for. I hope to be an asset to the team :)
Pixiedust to all!

:welcome: Thanks for taking the time to stop by and introduce yourself! I'm always happy to see a new 'face' around the Cold Case sub-forum and look forward to sleuthing with you.

Thank you!
I'm currently waiting to hear back from Tricia on my verified professional stuff. I used to hang out in the Sharon Marshall discussions and worked for years to try and match up missing folks with her.
I cried the day it was announced that she finally had a name.
I still cry just thinking about how she can rest in peace now.
Have a great day!

Cold cases, warm WS welcome to all!!
:Welcome1::websleuther:

Pixiedust to all!

Now that I'm a bit more alive, I wanted to fix errors but it's too late apparently :)
I moved here to Washington because I met my husband online in a game we both played. We're gaming nerds, and neither were looking to date. 3 years later I moved here. we got married shortly after that. I am a confessed yarn hoarder and love to knit and crochet. I must have pretty yarn, it's a compulsion! As is nail polish and makeup.
I've been a Med Tech for almost 20 years. In a nutshell, I run tests on blood and body fluids. I had to go to medical school for this, just not "doctor" medical school if that makes sense. I did a stint in the Medical Examiners office and participated in autopsies. I also went back to school a few years ago, but stopped 1 semester short of getting my paralegal degree. I stopped because I met this dude online and moved across the country for him. I guess I kinda fell for the lug ;).

So, now I have ended a good 8 plus years of lurking and have come out of the proverbial closet. Here I am, and I'm ready to get to work :)
(I'm also quite chatty so be warned! I will also offer to knit you things, and will take requests anytime. I won't charge a dime.)

Hello, I am from SW Louisiana about 20 miles from Jennings. I've been snooping around since the murders had started so close to home. Look forward getting acquainted with all.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hello, I am from SW Louisiana about 20 miles from Jennings. I've been snooping around since the murders had started so close to home. Look forward getting acquainted with all.

:welcome: The Jennings murders are some of the (potential) serial murders/cold cases that interest me the most. Thanks for introducing yourself! I look forward to reading your thoughts on those cases (& hopefully many others). Just in case you haven't checked it out already, this is the link to the Jennings, LA murders in our serial killer forum: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?323-Jennings-Louisiana

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back