Whose gotten burned on e-bay?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
poco said:
PayPal will email the seller. The seller has so many days to respond. If they don't respond - you win. If they do respond, they better have a good excuse - otherwise, you win. One thing good about PayPal is that do stand behind you.

Actually I think you can go in somewhere in MY EBAY and see the dispute email to the seller, etc etc etc. Try looking it up.

I sell on ebay and occasionally buy - BUYER BEWARE!!! Ya gotta remember you are buying something site unseen and quite often used - ask questions of the seller if you are all in doubt. Make sure the seller has a high feedback and pay with PayPal (wonder if they'll give me a cut now for plugging them???)
Poco I found the dispute panel where you look up the case. It said I had zero disputes. Funny because I received an email stating my dispute was received, than a second email stating my dispute would be investigated. :waitasec: I never heard back from the seller either after filing the dispute. Do you think I might be lost?

I have a store on Ebay, and have bought lots of things. Every once in awhile a buyer claims something stupid. I usually just give them back their money without telling them and listen to them gripe for awhile, until they actually read their email and see their moneys back there, then they go, oh you didn't have to do that, geez. Feedback is a strong tool on ebay. I wouldn't buy anything from someone with a bad track record. If you purchase as is, your stuck, if they have a return policy, return the item immediately.

Beyond Belief said:
I wouldn't buy anything from someone with a bad track record. If you purchase as is, your stuck, if they have a return policy, return the item immediately.
Hi BB ~ The seller had over a thousand positives and no negatives. Sadly the sale was 'as is'. The problem is that it was damaged. The flash attachment was listed as damaged and I knew that it would be unusable. However, they did not mention the damaged to the camera lens. They told me they were not camera experts and they did their best. I just don't think it takes an expert to notice and describe a scratch on the lens. With the damaged flash and a damaged lens, the whole outfit is unusable unless I invest more money. So everything went back into the box and I wait.

Do you think I have a chance? Supposedly, I have another week of investigation.

snorky said:
Hi BB ~ The seller had over a thousand positives and no negatives. Sadly the sale was 'as is'. The problem is that it was damaged. The flash attachment was listed as damaged and I knew that it would be unusable. However, they did not mention the damaged to the camera lens. They told me they were not camera experts and they did their best. I just don't think it takes an expert to notice and describe a scratch on the lens. With the damaged flash and a damaged lens, the whole outfit is unusable unless I invest more money. So everything went back into the box and I wait.

Do you think I have a chance? Supposedly, I have another week of investigation.
I don't remember what the sellers stuff is insured for through paypal, could the lens have gotten damaged in shipment and was it insured through the shipper?
UPS automatically insures everything under 200.00 for free.

Transactions Covered by PayPal Buyer Protection

If you paid for an item and never received it or received an item that was significantly not as described, your transaction must meet each of the following requirements to be eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection:

• The PayPal Buyer Protection icon must be displayed in the Seller Information box on eBay
  • Your purchase must be a physical item -- services and intangible items are not covered
  • You must use PayPal to pay for the item and must use the seller's email address associated with the listing. To make sure of this, use the grey Pay Now button you'll see when the listing closes on eBay.

nicbok said:
The absolute golden rule of eBay is to never click on a link sent via e mail. eBay will never ask you to log on via a link they send you, they ALWAYS tell you to log on via the website. That e mail you got is a scam and the link does not take you to eBay. At one point I was getting about 10 of those e mails a day! Legitimate eBay mails will also always use your full name, not just "Dear eBay user". My advice is to ignore it or forward it as is to spoof@ebay.com.
I get those junk emails all the time.

Im really glad you brought up the subject of ebay. I hadn't looked at the account for awhile and low and behold, i had two items for sale i never heard of before:

2003 KUBOTA B7500 Tractor with Loader Backhoe Mower
2003 Kubota B7500 47 hours Tractor 4x4 Loader 5' mower

Somebody hijacked the account and put those things on there. Ebay caught it and fixed it. I wish I had something worth that much money for sale.

Beyond Belief said:
Transactions Covered by PayPal Buyer Protection

If you paid for an item and never received it or received an item that was significantly not as described, your transaction must meet each of the following requirements to be eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection:

• The PayPal Buyer Protection icon must be displayed in the Seller Information box on eBay
  • Your purchase must be a physical item -- services and intangible items are not covered
  • You must use PayPal to pay for the item and must use the seller's email address associated with the listing. To make sure of this, use the grey Pay Now button you'll see when the listing closes on eBay.

Thanks BB ~ All three requirements were met. I guess I will wait another week and see where this leads.

Beyond Belief...... could the lens have gotten damaged in shipment and was it insured through the shipper?

It would not have been damaged during shipping but it is very possible it was damaged while preparing the auction. :confused: It did arrive UPS and the sale was less than 200.00. If it were damaged during shipping, they could file the claim. They just can't seem to accept that something went wrong on this one auction. I did not even leave them negative feedback. I am just wanting a return/refund so I can buy elsewhere.

snorky said:
Thanks BB ~ All three requirements were met. I guess I will wait another week and see where this leads.

It would not have been damaged during shipping but it is very possible it was damaged while preparing the auction. :confused: It did arrive UPS and the sale was less than 200.00. If it were damaged during shipping, they could file the claim. They just can't seem to accept that something went wrong on this one auction. I did not even leave them negative feedback. I am just wanting a return/refund so I can buy elsewhere.
It sounds like you have to wait the proper amount of time and then paypal will protect you. Are you required to return the item before they return your money?

Beyond Belief said:
It sounds like you have to wait the proper amount of time and then paypal will protect you. Are you required to return the item before they return your money?
Good question. LOL

I don't know. Maybe I better go back and re-read the emails from paypal to make sure I didn't fail to do a requirement.

Thanks a bunch!!!

BB ~ There were no instructions regarding the merchandise. I was told that I needed to answer emails from paypal in a timely manner should they contact me for questions. Here is what the last email said:

The seller has submitted an explanation describing the disagreement with
this claim. PayPal will evaluate all available information including the
original listing, and both seller and buyer statements. A final decision
will be made on this claim per our User Agreement.

We will notify you if further action is required.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I could not find where I could view the letter to the seller or their response.
I really hope that I am reimbursed. I just want a camera so bad. I went to a camera store
in town and found exactly what I was looking for (used Canon AE1P) at a fair price.
I was able to test it so I know I will be satisfied. :eek:

I think I saw it in paypal, asked for a number of some sorts, like a case number. is the ad still online or has it expired?

Beyond Belief said:
I think I saw it in paypal, asked for a number of some sorts, like a case number. is the ad still online or has it expired?
Here is what paypal sent in the first email to me:

Transaction Date: Jul 21, 2005
Transaction Amount: -$87.98 USD
Transaction ID: 9X3198397U6330533
Case Number: PP-096-656-142

When I go to my dispute panel this Case number does not appear.:confused:
Oh, I just noticed that they said it could take even longer than 30 days.
So, at least I have not been denied yet. That makes me hopeful.

snorky said:
Here is what paypal sent in the first email to me:

Transaction Date: Jul 21, 2005
Transaction Amount: -$87.98 USD
Transaction ID: 9X3198397U6330533
Case Number: PP-096-656-142

When I go to my dispute panel this Case number does not appear.:confused:
Oh, I just noticed that they said it could take even longer than 30 days.
So, at least I have not been denied yet. That makes me hopeful.
did you go to the resolution center? Thats where it asked for the number. I entered it, but it wouldn'et let me in.

Beyond Belief said:
did you go to the resolution center? Thats where it asked for the number. I entered it, but it wouldn'et let me in.
Wellll, I don't know where to find the resolution center. Please tell me where I can find it.

Thanks a bunch (again)!

Its on the lefthand side of the page under Resources

I was in there as a seller, so yours may be different

Follow in like you did when you filed. buyer protection

Oh, I just found the resolution center. Duh:doh:

Now I don't see where to put the case number in but I will keep at it for awhile until I figure it out or come crying for hellllllp.

when i clicked on resolution a page appear with the boxes for me to put the numbers. did you get instruction page or the boxes. i think i went in under auction tools.

Beyond Belief said:
when i clicked on resolution a page appear with the boxes for me to put the numbers. did you get instruction page or the boxes. i think i went in under auction tools.
My page did not contain boxes for numbers. It had buttons and was for starting a claim instead of statusing a claim. I have never listed an item so I am not sure where auction tools is located. I will look for that. :)

BB- Thanks for being so helpful and patient. I have to leave work now so I will need to check in later.

p.s. I have learned more about Ebay than I ever thought I wanted too!

Thanks to all who shared on this thread. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back