• Stall tactic?

Votes: 249 46.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 174 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO I really, truly believe ICA has fired JB.

First we have his really impassioned speech this morning about how he promised ICA a fair trial, the best defense possible, etc... (don't remember it all, actually tuned him out)

Then we have court back in session following a lunch that he wasn't in attendance at....

And ultimately Judge Perry coming back to the bench saying let the record show that the defendant is present, as is the counsel for the defense... Never did HHJP say let the record show counsel for the defense is present, minus lead Attorney JB. I find that HIGHLY suspicious that the record is not reflecting him not present in the 30 seconds court was back in session.

That and HHJPs body language... he was obviously shaken about something and the looks he shot to the defense table were very telling. He was NOT happy!

I really believe JB is gone, and the afternoon is required for the defense to regroup to see who is going to lead and how they are going to proceed. I don't buy JB being sick one bit! AF has been sick for days and has been there regardless.

re Bold - I've read a couple of pages from this post, and haven't seen anyone comment on it - I too believe JB got fired! It would be a "private" matter, no??
Guess we all have to wait and see at 8:30am tomorrow!!

I just looked at the video everyone is talking about. First of all, it's Ann Finnell (sp?) that ICA is talking to, not JB or CM. It looks like ICA says "Are you OK?" Now, far be it from ICA to care about anyone but herself, but she did try to hand tissues to AF the other day, so she's at least pretending to care, I guess. After that, ICA says something I can't quite get, then it looks like she says "I want to get it done." or maybe "I want it done." That's just my take on it.

I wouldn't put it past JB to have forgotten to clear his case load for this week and to have had to drive back to Orlando to request an extension or new pretrial date for this case. Maybe it couldn't be done by phone.

We know how JB is such a great attorney when it comes to following court procedure and notifying the court when he needs to.

If this is the case it would explain JBP's look of disgust at the delay.

Oh my - you could be right! I too saw that angry look in JP, so could be that 'private' matter... hope so!

I just can't see HHJP being a willing participant in losing court time, inconveniencing summoned jurors....etc....etc...

When talking to the other lady at defence table...she definately said something alomh the line of ..."i think he's the problem" or "he's the problem" then the other lady turned to look and JB was just approaching.

She then said "did you do it", "I want it done". I only speculating on the following but by the hand motions from Jb to her and her affirmative responses...as if he was saying "you sure you want to do this"?

I really do hate to say this..however I think whatever the DT did was a "Hail Mary" after they have repeatedly tried to object, make motions and do whatever they can to delay the "Inevidable"...

Whatever DT did, did NOT SIT well with AF..( I do think she is a professional) and is distancing herself from this cr@pp0$$a...But Baez and Co. have pulled out all the stops to delay and cause JP to have to change site of trial.

Bottomline, I happen to believe..IF this doesnt work..I wouldnt put it past JB to "Get Fired" thus causing the whole thing to be put back by months to years!!..At this point..I dont trust DT (namely Baez) and of course CM has already made it public knowledge he will put up roadblocks whenever he can (as he thinks KC is being railroaded)...so who KNOWS???

Maybe Thursday AM will clearify just what is happening..however, I happen to think JB will spend half the day making motions and whinning about all the SPECULATIONS of Wednesday...JB is NOT showing to be a professional at all in my books..however being Canadian..doubt I have to worry his behaviors will directly affect myself:rocker:

Taxpayer dollars. This is a massively expensive case as Judge has mentioned several times and Florida is really hurting fiscally.

Finance problems? I'm willing to donate 10 bucks to keep this trial in the black and keep going. Anyone else?
jmo

Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
Is it possible that JB rushed off to Orlando to try to do something about
the A's trademarking 'justice for Caylee' and such?

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/27940971/detail.html

That would be personal to KC.

I think this is an excellent observation! However I still believe was a stall tactic. I mean what kind of timing the parents had to do this at this time makes ya go hmmmmm! Ya gotta know the parents and defense are all in this together to do as much as they can to stall and screw things up prolonging the inevitable!

Lol! You mean like insisting GA and CA cannot do as KC is her mother and is not convicted of murdering her yet?

Yes. I think KC may feel that way.
Remember CA had Caylee cremated even though that went against KC's wishes.
CA went on TV shows against KC's wishes. On and on.

I'm only commenting on the actions (not whether I agree or not). KC may have 'ordered' JB to try to do something about this.
Just throwing it out for consideration as the news came out today.

Isn't JB's house in foreclosure? Maybe the sheriff showed up at his door with the eviction order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky
I posted this in the Sidebar thread earlier.

So what happens tomorrow May 19, when JB needs to be at the Orange County Courthouse for pre-trial conference at 1:30 pm?

05/19/2011 Pre-Trial Conference (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer Jewett, Steve)
Trial Period: 06/06/11 to 06/16/11
05/19/2011 Reset by Court to 05/19/2011

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx

Court Calendar

Enter JB's name

Go to the case dated 2011. The last one.

grandmaj said:
How can he be in two trials at the same time? Trial period 6/6/2011 through June 16, 2011?
BBM
Unreal. And instead of asking the judge to be excused he left without notice?

Good catch grandmaj!!

Just to go along with the subject, here is what I caught from INsession earlier today when they were doing a replay of this part of the day.

(Since then) Jose has stated to the press the matter was "private." (Get that you silly bloggers...p r i v a t e. :nono: ) As is my understanding.

JB: I gave her my word I would do everything I possibly could, part of that is making sure she gets an impartial jury. I drove back from Orlando today I cannot neglect my responsibilities...to give her the best under the law...this court has labored to do this...due process requires us to speak and engage in meaningful voir dire of these potential jurors before we exercise our preemptive strikes...we ask the court to allow us...we stand by our previous objections and motions.

HHJP: you are not forced to exercise them until the jury is sworn in...juror after juror without requiring...if you take what you said...a thousand jurors...and the court has to wait till you are satisfied until you exercise the preemptory challenge...all I can do is guide you...to precede to attempt to swear them...if you use you pre empt challenge...but to take you process...

the question I need the answer for, if nobody utilizes their pre emptory challenges then at what point do I stop? If we go through these remaining 15, what schedule are you willing to work as we will not have a facility tomorrow. I can't operate in a parking lot...I am just trying to figure out...no body wanted to work sat, I didn't want to work sat...and if we hadn't have worked the hours we hadn't of worked, it is a burden on everyone, no one has been doing cart wheels and is (running around) enjoying Orlando.
(end)
(Typed while listening to InSession play some of today's events)

I vote: Games by the defense to stall and get the upper hand even if it is only a perceived upper hand. :twocents:

I think JB cares about his "legacy" (in his own mind) regarding this case. He thinks he is going down in history, no way will he quit. OTOH if he is being fired you would think he would do everything in his power to keep that from happening, too.
Personally, I think it is something regarding JB's personal life...one of his kids is sick or hurt and in the hospital, maybe just for "observation overnight" or something which is why JB could be back in court at 8:30am tomorrow. Maybe his wife had a miscarriage, that would get him to Orlando to make an appearance at the hospital then drive back at o-dark-early and be in court by 8:30am. Maybe if his kids are older, one got arrested and JB wanted to be there. :waitasec:
We are so used to the dirty tricks and sleezy moves by the DT that we naturally think the worst first, and it may just be a plain and simple "private" family matter.

I dunno, I don't believe it for a second either. While I wish none of JB's family anything bad, I am hoping it isn't a whacky DT trick OR a plea deal. I want to see ICA go thru her horrible trial and have to face it all.

I did not see KC crying, she was happy and calm, playing with DS while CM was cleaning up. Just ran her fingers across the tips of her eyelashes that I could see. But then, I do need glasses. :crazy:

:floorlaugh:

I just looked at the video everyone is talking about. First of all, it's Ann Finnell (sp?) that ICA is talking to, not JB or CM. It looks like ICA says "Are you OK?" Now, far be it from ICA to care about anyone but herself, but she did try to hand tissues to AF the other day, so she's at least pretending to care, I guess. After that, ICA says something I can't quite get, then it looks like she says "I want to get it done." or maybe "I want it done." That's just my take on it.

Maybe she's finally agreed to that haircut I've been hoping for... :crazy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky
I posted this in the Sidebar thread earlier.

So what happens tomorrow May 19, when JB needs to be at the Orange County Courthouse for pre-trial conference at 1:30 pm?

05/19/2011 Pre-Trial Conference (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer Jewett, Steve)
Trial Period: 06/06/11 to 06/16/11
05/19/2011 Reset by Court to 05/19/2011

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx

Court Calendar

Enter JB's name

Go to the case dated 2011. The last one.

Good catch grandmaj!!

What is this pre-trial conference? Is there always one of these?
Is JB trying to push the trial forward?

ADDING: Nevermind, I see JB has something on his calendar regarding another case tomorrow.

Just to go along with the subject, here is what I caught from INsession earlier today when they were doing a replay of this part of the day.

JB: I gave her my word I would do everything I possibly could, part of that is making sure she gets an impartial jury. I drove back from Orlando today I cannot neglect my responsibilities...

CLIPPED FOR BREVITY:

WAIT! If I am reading this correctly, and he stated this in court TODAY.....

Why was he in Orlando last night, only to drive back to Pinellas today???

What is this pre-trial conference? Is there always one of these?
Is JB trying to push the trial forward?

It's a misdemeanor that is name is still attached too, he has one next week for a criminal felony - he won't be there either. JP ensured that dockets would be cleared because of this trial - anyone can take over either one of these :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman