• Stall tactic?

Votes: 249 46.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 174 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
JB and CA had that spat the other day and she has refused to sit by him ever since that day. Either that same day or the next one, I remembered that a potential juror mentioned that he/she saw a TV program that was questioning the abilities of JB with this case, I thought to myself that oh great, now CA is going to think about that and say that now that she's seen the way he handles himself in court that she also questions his abilities to do the job. She would have lots and lots of other people's opinions to back it up because his abilities have been questioned from the beginning of the case.

What a silly thing to do...Sending out a text message that says nothing (further confuses) and accomplishes nothing. Oh yeah...I forgot JB sent it!

moo
Ah contrare - it did accomplish an WHOLE LOT. This made national headlines. This dern near crashed WS server. THIS WAS HUGE NEWS. Maybe that is just what he was shooting for - taint that jury. Remember there are 11 people out there that have been picked to sit on this jury and decide ICA's fate. It was hard to NOT hear about this today here and I'm a good 5 hours or so from there. I can only imagine the media scrum that appeared at Pinellas County courthouse this afternoon - from all over the country.

I truly hope those 11 stayed home - in their houses with TV's and computers off today and tonight.

My two cents here (IMOHO): Just looking at the small amount of factual info, what we know is:

1: JB has a pretrial conference Still on the docket...and he shoulda dealt with that before now, as he is rather booked up from the first day of ICA jury selection til 'round somewhere in July-on a DP case!

2: CA & GA filed suit today for "trademarking" the name "Caylee Anthony" and "Justice for Caylee". As ICA was viewing something on AF's smart phone, they were mouthing words in response to it. I assume that this story was what she was showing to her. ICA Did appear to be crying, looked like mascara & eyeliner was blotchy and my first thought to connect to is that Mommy and Daddy are taking more of Caylee away from her..(never mind that she took Caylee away from life).. She seems to have divorced her parents in every way at this point and may have a need to exert her "power" on this, as it may cause them pain and suffering....I totally agree that her tears are only for herself.. I can't help but to feel that there is some possible legal wrangling that JB may have offered to her, that can be done to stop the Grandparents from proceeding, as ICA is still the "Mother" (not a convict {yet})...She was seen mouthing the words "Do it" or "Just do it"...An opportunity to play Tug of war may have presented itself.

3: I read in several posts that JB's house is in foreclosure, but I haven't seen a link for that yet, as I had for #1 and #2. If true, there could be a time sensitive matter (private) which must be addressed immediately. JB appears to be rather sluggish on adding things to his calendar, if ya know what I mean!

I am as "speculation-crazy" as the rest of the trial watchers and can't hardly wait til 8:30 am (ET), when court reconvenes. Of course, I'll be hangin' out here and on all the newspaper sites, looking for any sliver of factual info!!

I'm thinking this possibly could be the case. So would CM be lead attorney then?

And when did Frank George join the Pros.? I must have been living under a rock when that happened.

He's been there for as long as I can remember. He always sits at the very end of the prosecution table, though... and he's kind of a small man. So maybe you didn't notice him.

JB HAD to know what a stir this was all going to cause... and he texts the media with a cryptic message, to top it all off? He's loving this, IMO.

JB HAD to know what a stir this was all going to cause... and he texts the media with a cryptic message, to top it all off? He's loving this, IMO.

I agree -- JB knew what he was doing. His comment of "stop the speculation" is absurd. That's what the media does. That's what we do. Obviously there's going to be speculation. Especially when JB suddenly disappears and a Judge known for moving things along quickly suddenly puts the breaks on the jury process with no explanation.

Not sure about her, but there was a guy on maybe JVM earlier that had a convo with JB right before he left. The guy said JB seemed like his normal self - smiling, joking and what not. He said it was while the rest of the DT was having lunch.

I saw that reporter on Nancy Grace as well and he said they had a nice little chat and that he complimented Baez on his nice suit and that Baez seemed pleased that the reporter noticed...

Ah contrare - it did accomplish an WHOLE LOT. This made national headlines. This dern near crashed WS server. THIS WAS HUGE NEWS. Maybe that is just what he was shooting for - taint that jury. Remember there are 11 people out there that have been picked to sit on this jury and decide ICA's fate. It was hard to NOT hear about this today here and I'm a good 5 hours or so from there. I can only imagine the media scrum that appeared at Pinellas County courthouse this afternoon - from all over the country.

I truly hope those 11 stayed home - in their houses with TV's and computers off today and tonight.

Whatever reason he had, it was compelling enough for JP to act on it and call recess until tomorrow morning. If he lied and did something to create the scenario that you imply, there will be grave consequences and they will be negative relative to JB's client. Nope. I don't buy it.

moo

I also thought I saw kc say "thanks Mom" when she was talking w/LF and raising her eyebrows. It appears that KC is confiding more in LF than anyone at the table (athough she attempts to engage AF frequently). I noticed that KC smiled and made eye contact with the woman on the end of the adjacent table in the black and white checkered jacket (next to the one who was watching WFTV's blog on her laptop)

I think it was idiotic for him to text the media and it will come back to bite him and his client in the butt.

Amateur doing as amateur knowz.

arar.

moo

Agree 100%. KC was NOT crying, IMO.

I agree that she was not crying, but I do think she looked very worried and even scared. I think she may believe she is being deserted or maybe not getting the kind of treatment she should be given. I am sure she is worried about the potential jurors that have been interviewed and now JB has something more important to do than be there on her case. To me she looked scared and nervous and wondering what was up. I really don't think they share much information with her. jmo

It definitely is very strange.

JB never left Pinellas county. HE sent out a mass text msg - I saw Beth K read it live on TV and she said she just got it 30 seconds ago. I saw a phone on NG tonight showing the exact same text but to NG and the Orlando Sentinel is saying they got the same thing. So it was a mass text. That was right around 3:30 or so - well AFTER court was recessed (1:10)

According to the Orlando Sentinel they saw JB in the parking lot of the hotel smiling AFTER he sent that text - meaning he was there (Pinellas) at 3:30 or so.

If it was something with his wife - wouldn't he have been gone? Especially if it was baby delivery time. Evidently it was a private matter that could have been tended to in Pinellas county.

BBM:

:eek::eek::eek:

So JB NEVER left Pinellas County ... it appeared that everyone was under the "assumption" JB was heading to Orange County ...

What in the world was SO IMPORTANT for JB to stay in Pinellas, Judge Perry to recess until tomorrow morning, and for CM to NOT do an interview after today's drama ?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I'm not sure at this juncture who will benefit more from today's antics - Casey or Baez - but both narcissists have been "fed".

I'm thinking more and more JB took off to file an appeal over the jury process HHJP was forcing them to use. I think that's why he asked for an extra 15 min at lunch. But, as his inexperience goes, he didn't realize it would take so long - hence having to call and say he wouldn't be back. IMO, HHJP didn't look very happy, that could be exactly why.

The judge must have agreed that whatever reason JB gave for not being in court was not only important and acceptable to him (for legal reasons or otherwise) but also that it meant that court could not carry on today without him.

I seriously doubt even JB just "called in sick" or made something up to get 1/2 day off.

And if the judge had stated a simple closing remark that the court was adjourning due to a personal committment of an attorney, for example, JB would not have had to/been compelled to do his texting because the speculation would have been far, far less.

KC WAS NOT CRYING - I Saw it live that was bad reporting by in session which caused the rumor to start

It does look like she might have been if you watch the video. Tho I tend to think she was picking her nose and picked too deep hitting a nerve and making her eyes water.

My two cents here (IMOHO): Just looking at the small amount of factual info, what we know is:

1: JB has a pretrial conference Still on the docket...and he shoulda dealt with that before now, as he is rather booked up from the first day of ICA jury selection til 'round somewhere in July-on a DP case!

<snipped>

Not to be obtuse, but do you really think that the Chief Justice of the Ninth Judicial Circuit would stop jury selection of a Capital Murder trial after lunch on Wednesday so that Jose Baez could deal with a Pretrial Conference scheduled for the following Thursday morning (at the same time Judge Perry has already indicated they will resume no less).

Wouldn't it be more realistic to think that either (a) Chief Judge Perry would personally email or call the misdemeanor Judge in his courthouse and get Jose excused or (b) Jose has already arranged for someone else to cover it for him; and this was the last thing on his mind.

The bottom line is that Jose likely had a family emergency that called him home; and no matter how much you want to fault him, if Judge Perry found it serious enough to let him take time to take care of the situation, there should be no reason for anybody to fault the genuineness of the matter.

Not to be obtuse, but do you really think that the Chief Justice of the Ninth Judicial Circuit would stop jury selection of a Capital Murder trial after lunch on Wednesday so that Jose Baez could deal with a Pretrial Conference scheduled for the following Thursday morning (at the same time Judge Perry has already indicated they will resume no less).

You really don't think either (a) Chief Judge Perry would not personally email or call the misdemeanor Judge in his courthouse and get Jose excused or (b) Jose has not already arranged for someone else to cover it for him.

Excellent point! I am considering any issue that I have seen this evening, so to answer that question that you posed: That seems like a rather petty issue for JB to have to deal with, when, as you stated, HHJP could make arrangements via phone. Thanx :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves