• Stall tactic?

Votes: 249 46.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 174 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Then why would HHJP upon concluding this "session" today ask if the Defense counsel was present for ICA and not account for the fact that JB was clearly MIA at the Defense table?

What was JP supposed to do? Go run Baez down and drag him back to court?

~snip~
Since Baez is lead counsel, Casey's consent would be needed to proceed without him.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/192...thony-attorney

It's not the defendant's call to "scrap" a jury, if that were the case no jury would ever get seated.

She makes the final call after discussing it with her attorneys.
And the Judge gave them the option of starting over from scratch in another location, after they filed their Motion and told the Judge his current procedure was unconstitutional, and the Judge reversed himself and instead of swearing in 12, he was going to allow them to question the remaining 15 and then use their strike after that.

I think it my be something like an emergency in Baez's family... Like his wife is threatning to leave him? One of his kids being arrested? Someone in his family being rushed to the hospital? Wasn't he on the phone, before lunch? It has to be something that judge Perry can verify. He's not the kind of judge that will allow stall tactics, IMO.

What was JP supposed to do? Go run Baez down and drag him back to court?

~snip~
Since Baez is lead counsel, Casey's consent would be needed to proceed without him.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/192...thony-attorney

In my opinion, it was allowed by the Court to keep the media crush at a minimum.
It was obviously not a surprise to the Judge or the State or any of the defense team or the queen Inmate that Baez was not there, and why he was not there.
When asked if Mason had discussed it with his client, the answer was yes - no surprise - no need for a huddle discussion.
The secrecy was needed to protect the jurors who were still in the courthouse.

She makes the final call after discussing it with her attorneys.
And the Judge gave them the option of starting over from scratch in another location, after they filed their Motion and told the Judge his current procedure was unconstitutional, and the Judge reversed himself and instead of swearing in 12, he was going to allow them to question the remaining 15 and then use their strike after that.

The Judge ask them what their thoughts on the matter were. The Judge has the final call on it. There's no way a defendant has the final say so on whether or not a jury is seated.

IMO the afternoon yesterday was cancelled out and no need to work on the continuing jury selection process in Pinellas county, because they are not going to continue there -- starting over somewhere else.

The Judge did not announce the plans for the next day, as he usually does, because he did not want to broadcast to the media what was happening.

The queen Inmate quit studying the jury panel seating chart and making notes on it, and so did all the defense team and the State. No need. They are finished in Pinellas county.

IMO the afternoon yesterday was cancelled out and no need to work on the continuing jury selection process in Pinellas county, because they are not going to continue there -- starting over somewhere else.

The Judge did not announce the plans for the next day, as he usually does, because he did not want to broadcast to the media what was happening.

The queen Inmate quit studying the jury panel seating chart and making notes on it, and so did all the defense team and the State. No need. They are finished in Pinellas county.

I don't think this can be true. It takes a lot to move a case, word would have leaked out if everyone had left town, etc...

I believe it was decided yesterday by the queen Inmate and she gave the orders to scrap the Pinellas county panel and start over from scratch, after she heard the Judge give them that option.
IMO the Judge never should have changed the game plan from the magic number of 18, to swearing in 12 then working on alternates. He should have remained firm on one plan. When he reversed himself and allowed the defense to question the remaining 15 potential jurors, then he messed up the strike count. The defense never would have used their 9 strikes on the jurors they did when they thought they had to make a decision before 12 were sworn in. The defense decision on strikes would have been different after questioning alllllllllll of the potential jury panel.

I believe the Judge allowed Baez to go to Orlando and take care of his other case, and that's why the Judge did not even put it on the record yesterday that Baez was not in the courtroom - the alleged "lead attorney" and did not say anything afterwards. The Judge wanted the jurors to get out of the courthouse before the media swarmed them and asked their opinion of being dumped.

I do have problems with HHJP letting him go finish something other than trying to save his clients life...after watching all the TH yesterday they all said with DP you drag yourself to and from.....THAT BEING SAID...wonder if it was something to do with that trademark thing that her parents were putting thru.....perhaps ICA wanted any and all potential moneis to go to her????? She is really the next of kin for Caylee---(at least on paper)----???????

I do have problems with HHJP letting him go finish something other than trying to save his clients life...after watching all the TH yesterday they all said with DP you drag yourself to and from.....THAT BEING SAID...wonder if it was something to do with that trademark thing that her parents were putting thru.....perhaps ICA wanted any and all potential moneis to go to her????? She is really the next of kin for Caylee---(at least on paper)----???????

I don't believe Judge Perry would agree to let the lead attorney leave for the rest of the day over a case that has nothing to do with the criminal trial.

This is Chief Judge Belvin Perry who is known in Orlando for being a no-nonsense by the book judge.

What would make this judge go along with something so costly to tax payers and add a half day delay to jury selection?

1. One of Baez' kids were injured. Well, they have two parents and this case is pretty important so I doubt that was it.

2. New evidence or witness that clears the Killer. Nope, Orlando isn't that far away and a person or a evidence could be brought to the courthouse.

3. The killer fired Baez. Can't do that without filing a motion.

4. Baez quit. Can't do that without filing something with the court and Judge Perry would have to agree.

5. He got sick. Um, no. Unless it was something so bad he left in an ambulance. If he was well enough to drive away there's no way Judge Perry would allow it.

I can't figure it out but IMO none of the reason I listed would get JB out of court for the rest of the day. But whatever it was they aren't talking about it in court.

I don't believe Judge Perry would agree to let the lead attorney leave for the rest of the day over a case that has nothing to do with the criminal trial.

This is Chief Judge Belvin Perry who is known in Orlando for being a no-nonsense by the book judge.

What would make this judge go along with something so costly to tax payers and add a half day delay to jury selection?

1. One of Baez' kids were injured. Well, they have two parents and this case is pretty important so I doubt that was it.

2. New evidence or witness that clears the Killer. Nope, Orlando isn't that far away and a person or a evidence could be brought to the courthouse.

3. The killer fired Baez. Can't do that without filing a motion.

4. Baez quit. Can't do that without filing something with the court and Judge Perry would have to agree.

5. He got sick. Um, no. Unless it was something so bad he left in an ambulance. If he was well enough to drive away there's no way Judge Perry would allow it.

I can't figure it out but IMO none of the reason I listed would get JB out of court for the rest of the day. But whatever it was they aren't talking about it in court.

I think it maybe something to do with another case, he probably screwed up on a deadline, since we know he did that frequently. Something he knew had to be done that day and would only take a few hours. Not illness.
HHJP looked ticked...

Because of type of case , it could also have been some crazy person that may threaten his home or family, it happens with cases like these. And many times they are serious.

I read in the comments section of the Orlando Sentinel that JB was due in court yesterday. I looked it up and he was due in court at 1:30 for a misdemeanor case. IAm not sure how to link, but it is on the Orange county clerk's website.

I read in the comments section of the Orlando Sentinel that JB was due in court yesterday. I looked it up and he was due in court at 1:30 for a misdemeanor case. IAm not sure how to link, but it is on the Orange county clerk's website.

But what happened in court yesterday seemed so abrupt. And why the secrecy, if it was simply a case of Baez needing to attend to another client's case?

I read in the comments section of the Orlando Sentinel that JB was due in court yesterday. I looked it up and he was due in court at 1:30 for a misdemeanor case. I Am not sure how to link, but it is on the Orange county clerk's website.

RespectfullyQuoted aim :cool2:

Thank you for posting that information. This is what I know to be the reason Jose left yesterday. I saw that information on INsession this morning. I went to find a news link to post in Today's News but there are no media reports to link. The latest news is from two hours ago and still speaks of yesterday.

The host of INsession was saying what I was thinking. Okay, Jose had to leave but why wouldn't the judge just say something? Why let everyone speculate like that? :dunno:

:waiting: for the trial to start. :waiting: to hear about Caylee.

But what happened in court yesterday seemed so abrupt. And why the secrecy, if it was simply a case of Baez needing to attend to another client's case?

I agree. I can't imagine a good reason to keep this a secret. Also...why couldn't the case in Orlando be continued?

RespectfullyQuoted Daisyjane
BBM

:tyou: That is exactly what I am wondering. Isn't there enough craziness without "simple misunderstandings?" :shakehead:

JB was seen later in the afternoon in Pinellas County, in his car and smiling. I can't help but think the abrupt adjournment yesterday was a power play by JB.

Does anyone know if he showed up to this court date?

so really, we still have no definite idea what exactly was the issue yesterday?

Nothing yet? Certainly someone has leaked what the issue was by now. It's probably not even leak-worthy, but something simple. This is how rumors run rampant, why don' t they just state what the issue was i.e. a medical issue, a previously scheduled legal issue for another client, etc....no need to be specific, just a simple clear-up so the rumors whon't fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup