• Stall tactic?

Votes: 249 46.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 174 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that might have been the entire point of this stunt. It would ensure that the PJs would be tainted and the DT could start over. If that's what happens I'm sure HHJP will move it back to Orlando.

If Baez did pull a stunt, specifically by telling Judge Perry that there was a family emergency of some sort, and it turns out that there never was a family emergency, do you have any idea what remedies Judge Perry would have? I mean, could he sanction Baez? File a bar complaint? Toss him in a jail cell? Fine him? Kick him to the curb?

Also, what responsibilities do the other members of the defense team have if they were to know, or find out, that Baez did not, in fact, have a legitimate reason for delaying court proceedings? Would they be required to report this information to Judge Perry?

I just do not trust anything that Baez does, and especially given the defense team's obvious distaste for the jury selection process.

So I've heard some people comment on here about an exchange where JB told ICA that she was acting like a two year old (not today, a bit ago)....I missed this when it happened, can someone fill me in. When was this? And what prompted him to say that?

Just from memory ... 2nd day of Jury selection. I am sure WESH has it in their archives, it was in a morning seesion - hope that helps

Welcome to WSs :)
There was no plea deal offered - there was one offered last Monday which ICA declined.
To fire Baez she would have to file with the court for a hearing, the court has to approve it.

A plea deal was offered last Monday? This is the first I have heard of such a thing.

There was a plea offer put on the table way back in the first weeks of the case, long before little Caylee's body was ever found, but Baez never responded to the State's offer so it was removed from the table and no longer an option.

So I've heard some people comment on here about an exchange where JB told ICA that she was acting like a two year old (not today, a bit ago)....I missed this when it happened, can someone fill me in. When was this? And what prompted him to say that?

It's all right here........

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135771"]Defense Conversation on the Net - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

A plea deal was offered last Monday? This is the first I have heard of such a thing.

There was a plea offer put on the table way back in the first weeks of the case, long before little Caylee's body was ever found, but Baez never responded to the State's offer so it was removed from the table and no longer an option.
Yes that is interesting. But there's been a lot of posturing in the past. DP on, DP off, DP back on. The plea deals we don't know about - and I'm sure there were a couple. But ICA has always been adamant that she will not take one.

Hey peeps, in case you missed it up above: we're going to do a server upgrade tonight to enhance your Websleuths experience. WS will be offline for less than an hour to do this. We'll wait until things are little slower.

This will happen in the next hour or so. Posting this so that no one here is :thud: (we've had a lot of that today!). Carry on for now, and :tyou:
Could you do something about the servers for twitter while you are at it please?:woohoo:

I thought Jose Garcia's wife was pregnant?

And if this was the "matter" that needed to be discussed..why on earth would HHJP say "Do you have anything to add" to Cheney Mason..and then put his hand up and shake his head almost as if to say "not here though..."

But it may surprise many to learn that nearly 95 percent of all cases resulting in felony convictions never reach a jury, but instead are settled through plea bargains, in which a defendant agrees to plead guilty in exchange for a reduced sentence.
http://truthinjustice.org/the-plea.htm
I'd be happy with 40 years and 10 probation after that. (I'm tired of sitting already!)

Doc. I neither tweep nor teet so gots no mojo with those folks..

I do love me a WS admin who can dive in and get us going again.

If I can see this on my "smart"phone then all must be well in WSland. And so, :eek:fftobed: I go.

After reading the reports of his text messages and reported sighting of JB smiling while sitting in his car at the hotel afterwards I am beginning to think he just was throwing a temper tantrum because of the DT's failed motion that morning and thought he would show HHJP.

No way I am buying that he was sick. He seemed his normal self both in the courtroom that morning and with media personnel he spoke with as he was leaving the building.

WMKG reported on the 11pm news that it was ICA's decision as to whether they continued the afternoon session without head council and of course she chose not to.
At this critical stage in jury selection with time running nothing other than death's door should have kept him from as least sitting in the courtroom while CM did the rest.

JB is Not a public defender. Casey paid him.

I will look up my notes later but I thought Casey hired him originally (before it was a death penalty case), he was going to leave it when it became a DP case but Casey agreed to him being the PD.

Cheney said the other week he took on the case pro bono because Baez was being railroaded and out of his league.

I'll look into it though. :)

everyone waiting anxiously to find out what will happen in the morning.

Ok, I just watched the last two segments of today's hearing. The sidebar before the recess was only about the juror being excused. Judge P was perfectly fine and happy when they left for lunch.

Whatever happened, it happened during the lunch break because as everyone came back in, that is the first time that mood changed. Here's the link to that video

http://www.wftv.com/video/27939403/index.html

KC came in looking down with her arms so stiff, she was nervous to come back. She usually walks back with total confidence just like she's coming back from lunch and going back to her office at Universal Studios. As she turns the corner from the hallway into the court room, I do get a glimpse of her that looks like she had been crying not too long before. Then she sits down and chats with the back of her head to the camera but once the judge starts coming back in she gets real nervous all of a sudden (approx 2:10) as she sits back down her eyes still look like she had been crying and she lets out a big sigh that I've seen her do several times when she tries to compose herself.

It is only now that Judge P is not a happy camper and gives CA The Look a few times as he was gathering his paperwork from the desk to leave.

It must have to do with something that KC came up with to get rid of JB. (Because he did not go back to court). Instead, he hung out at a motel parking lot with some other defense attorneys, chatting and laughing. Hmmmm....doesn't sound like HE was the one with the "personal issue".

I do think it was KC's "personal issue" that she has with JB. The look on her face when they had that "you're acting like a 2 year old" spat was disgusting It looked like her narcissistic self was in shock and awe at being spoken to in that way. I thought her eyes were going to pop out of their sockets. It seriously was like :shocked2:--------------:furious:

Although, I did hear that JP went back to Orlando tonight. I'm more inclined to believe that JP drove back to Orlando so he could have his resources that he is familiar with in his own office to continue working on this case and I would even bet a few bucks that JP is still studying case law and he will be back with some good documentation to back himself up with to be able to DENY whatever last ditch cockamaime attempt to delay this trial they've come up with.Perhaps she filed something that has to do with JP's jury selection process.....although I lean towards the JB being fired theory.

I will look up my notes later but I thought Casey hired him originally (before it was a death penalty case), he was going to leave it when it became a DP case but Casey agreed to him being the PD.

Cheney said the other week he took on the case pro bono because Baez was being railroaded and out of his league.

I'll look into it though. :)

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_defender[/ame]

A public defender is a licensed attorney, assigned to represent people who are charged with a crime and who desire legal representation but who cannot afford to hire a privately retained attorney.

JB is a private attorney who agreed to continue to see the case through to the end without further compensation.

We'll just have to wait and see.

What I find interesting is that the judge was reported by NG as returning to Orlando!

Could JB have put in that motion requesting a continuence?

Well, have a good night
sicksmiley1.gif

JB is sitting reading how everyone is so concerned about what happened today,IMO just a stall tactic.Court will be in session at 8:30 JBP is in control and ICA will face justice for killing Caylee.

Our system is not perfect but I do believe it does work. I have faith,Caylee will have justice!

Maybe it has something to do with CA and GA getting Caylee's name trademarked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup