Why did KC surround herself with people "less attractive" than herself?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's potentially terribly relevant to Casey's psyche and Casey's psyche is potentially terribly relevant to this case.

Let's say the premise of the thread is true...what does that say that we don't already know, that she is self-centered, attention seeking, seemingly uncaring about her missing daughter, pathological tendencies, economically challenged, unemployed, young mother, missing daughter, what does this new insight if validated add to her psyche.

Ya know, for starters why are we anylizing why she hangs out with who she hangs out with. To me it has no relavence on where is Caylee and why she did what she did. Are we writing a thesus for college credit here?

I hang out with all sorts of people. we are not who we are merely by whom we associate with always. I have long life friends who are good peoples regardless of age, income, education, looks, what car they drive and how big or how many teeth they have. I think you hang with people who let you into their circle and love you regardless. I have friends who I been the best of friends with for 25 years....and we have all changed throughout the years. I had only one friend in my life that was shallow enough not to accept the changes within our circle and she moved on.

and for the record....Casey apparently doesnt keep more than one or two friends at a time unless she is partying......and when your 20 something and part of the party scene, its monkey see, monkey do. Casey too shallow to have any real lasting friendships as far as I can see and looks have nothing to do with it.

Very well-written.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Yet you say " I think most people"..

Woops! There are documentarys that talk about how different groups see beauty. What is considered beautiful.

To the longnecks, they would consider us very ugly. Where they live, their 'view' would be considered a majority. That would be everyone they know. LOL!

Some groups think saggy *advertiser censored* are beautiful. And teenagers hang stuff on them to cause them to droop quicker. everyone they knows thinks that. So they believe it's the majority belief of beauty.

Not all groups think being so tiny is all that beautiful. I have never heard one song bragging about being skinny. But I have heard bunches of "baby got back" and "stuff in the trunk", etc.

It's cool that you think KC is one of the pretty ones in that group. But just because you do, don't automaticly mean it's a majority view.

Where can I find those people who think saggy *advertiser censored* are beautiful?

Just asking...;)

I am not meaning to attack...my question would be, how can it be an effective sleuthing tool, as this thread's title infers that casey had friends who are less attractive than her. Are there psychological links to people who have less attractive friends and those that lose their 3 year old daughters, does it cause violent tendencies if they really want less attractive friends than themselves and only attractive friends are befriending them. In what way could it help in sleuthing this case? (casey surrounding herself with less attractive people)
I am not a psychologist or psychiatrist but my degree is in the field ... this is a valid psychological point and I, for one, am interested in discussing it. I would respectfully ask those that aren't interested to find a thread that does interest you so that we can stop qualifying and quantifying and begin discussing this topic.

But unfortunately, this is not how everyone chooses their friends.

I do believe that Casey chose her friends based on what she could get from them.

ETA: I'm going to rephrase ... I believe that it's likely that Casey chose her friends based on what she could get from them.

This is true to a point. But what youre refering to is a motive, not appearance. I also choose friends based on what I can get from them. Not about what they look like. If she did choose friends, say, less attractive than herself on purpose, its was to have the focus on her mostly and thats a shallow person with little or nothing to give others.

However, its reaching (no pun intended) to fully know how to look at this topic without getting inside her head. You'd have to know who her closest friends were, how they interacted etc. And we dont honestly have pictures of all of her friends, they are were different. But she isnt all that attractive in my opinion. From the pictures of friends I saw her with, they were all fairly average plain in that area.

I am only going to post once on this topic and then i am moving on. There is only one of three reasons why Casey would surround herself with people that "aesthetically challenged."
One: less beautiful people have lower self esteem (usually) and are therefore easier to control and manipulate.
Two: Casey herself has low self esteem and needs to make herself feel beautiful by comparison.
Three: Her choice of friends may show her need to be seen as the "nice girl."

Let's say the premise of the thread is true...what does that say that we don't already know, that she is self-centered, attention seeking, seemingly uncaring about her missing daughter, pathological tendencies, economically challenged, unemployed, young mother, missing daughter, what does this new insight if validated add to her psyche.
I'm not sure; we haven't been able to get that far into the discussion yet. ;)

Without polling the world, you and I can't know opinions on the majority it's true, but I have seen people refer to Casey as attractive on these forums in the context of "that's why she's getting bailed out" or such comments, her percieved relationship with Baez, etc. It's definitely not my attention to insult any of Casey's friends, but I do think I've picked up on a "Casey may be pretty on the oustide but she's ugly on the inside" vibe, and of course its hard to think of anyone as attractive when they do such horrible thing to their own child, but sadly I think Casey's looks are used to their full potential and feed a lot into her ego.

Your right, WE can't. And that was my point. For us to discuss this, we need to take out what we precieve beauty is. It's not about what we think. We are talking about what someone else thinks.

That is also why I brought up the culture of the young folks where she lives.

But about attractiveness, confidence adds greatly to that. Also, I believe there had been some research that folks that might not be great beautys, might seem more attractive based upon their sexual hooks they throw out.

I've seen some not so 'great' folks be the 'hotty' based upon such 'allure'.

From what we have been hearing, it sounds like she likes tho throw those hooks out there. This makes folks notice her quicker. If a guy sees one his way, it makes them feel good about them selves. Which makes them 'nice' towards her. Even if they wasn't planning on having sex with her.

Where can I find those people who think saggy *advertiser censored* are beautiful?

Just asking...;)
LOL, I was going to say something about that line too but thought "Nah, I'm not going to go there"! You and I sure do share a lot of similar thoughts! :crazy:

Well, I think it might be useful to how she sees OTHER people and how she interacts with others...we know she is manipulative, but how she makes herself look so much better in comparison to others, maybe she needs people to look up to her all the time? I don't know...seems like flattery might be the whole key to her ego/getting her to talk! (seems sick I know, can you imagine saying flattering things to someone like Casey? BARF)

Guys, this is a real phenomenon. I don't think that this thread was started to be offensive but rather to discuss an actual psychological issue.

Psychology Today: The Beguiling Truth About Beauty

... Psychologists call it the "contrast effect": You feel prettier around ugly people and uglier around pretty people.

I think we appreciate that. I am just not sure any of us 'get' the relevance - will this help find Caylee? Will it help bring justice to Casey?

And these people are being hurtfully, cruelly victimized - again.

It isn't right.

It's cool that you think KC is one of the pretty ones in that group. But just because you do, don't automaticly mean it's a majority view.

I agree. Not everyone would agree with the premise this thread is based on, that is, that CA was more attractive than her friends. Like I said, that LE guy
was very attractive, so how could he fit into this theory?

Maybe the thread should have pics and a poll as to who we think are the better looking of the friends??

I know no one means to insult anyone involved with this case, but given it's limited forensic value, it seems to me it has the potential to hurt people who have found themselves innocently caught up in this. Perhaps we should be careful and consider their feelings when posting on this topic!

Without polling the world, you and I can't know opinions on the majority it's true, but I have seen people refer to Casey as attractive on these forums in the context of "that's why she's getting bailed out" or such comments, her percieved relationship with Baez, etc. It's definitely not my attention to insult any of Casey's friends, but I do think I've picked up on a "Casey may be pretty on the oustide but she's ugly on the inside" vibe, and of course its hard to think of anyone as attractive when they do such horrible thing to their own child, but sadly I think Casey's looks are used to their full potential and feed a lot into her ego.

I can see that point. And yes, she is using it. It wont get her that far in the jurys eyes tho. Although she may be Mighty Attractive when she gets to the po po in gen population.:D

I am not a psychologist or psychiatrist but my degree is in the field ... this is a valid psychological point and I, for one, am interested in discussing it. I would respectfully ask those that aren't interested to find a thread that does interest you so that we can stop qualifying and quantifying and begin discussing this topic.

It's not that I am not interested I just want to get a response as to how it can add to her psyche in a way that would help sleuth the case, so I will sit back and wait for all the discussion and see what can be uncovered. I am just not seeing it, but I can certainly be enlightened.

Man, I really hope nobody I ever knew or happened to be at a function at the same time as me ever gets in trouble. Y'all are freaking brutal.

Not everything posted on this forum has relevance to the search for Caylee. For instance, Cindy's hair style or George's eyebrows - :waitasec:

I am only going to post once on this topic and then i am moving on. There is only one of three reasons why Casey would surround herself with people that "aesthetically challenged."
One: less beautiful people have lower self esteem (usually) and are therefore easier to control and manipulate.
Two: Casey herself has low self esteem and needs to make herself feel beautiful by comparison.
Three: Her choice of friends may show her need to be seen as the "nice girl."

BINGO- WE HAVE A WINNER!:dance: I liked one (#1) the best.

Tricia has already posted that this is acceptable to be discussed as a psychological profile.

I hope then, that the joint definition of 'appropriate' does not include specific pin-pointing of specific friends 'subjective' physical 'flaws'.

If it can be discussed from a pshych stand-point, fair enough.

But we shouldn't allow attacks on innocent by standers in the case, either.

This is true to a point. But what youre refering to is a motive, not appearance. I also choose friends based on what I can get from them. Not about what they look like. If she did choose friends, say, less attractive than herself on purpose, its was to have the focus on her mostly and thats a shallow person with little or nothing to give others.

However, its reaching (no pun intended) to fully know how to look at this topic without getting inside her head. You'd have to know who her closest friends were, how they interacted etc. And we dont honestly have pictures of all of her friends, they are were different. But she isnt all that attractive in my opinion. From the pictures of friends I saw her with, they were all fairly average plain in that area.
There are people that say that we all choose our friends based on the benefit to ourselves and that we discard those friends when their usefullness to us has passed. And perhaps that is true. But there are some personality disorders out there that manifest in ways that include attention-seeking behaviors, "trying on" people until you find those most beneficial, etc. I strongly suspect that Casey has at least one personality disorder and I think that this could be a part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504