Votes: 65 12.8%
  • One of her parents was violent to her and killed her

Votes: 63 12.4%
  • Any other reason Madeleine went missing

Votes: 12 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The parent's were neglectful and something tragic happened and they probably disposed of her body and pretended someone stole her.

The parent's were neglectful and something tragic happened and they probably disposed of her body and pretended someone stole her.

Where is the proof? Where is the time they would have needed to dispose of maddie so well that no one could ever find her ? In a place they did not know that well?

Those are big questions to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Auto correct has a mind of its own.

Hadn't they spent a week there? Not saying that they did anything but I'm pretty sure reasonably intelligent people will learn their way around a very small town in a week well enough that they can figure out where the sea is or find a dumpster or two without any impossible mental effort.

We don't have to argue that they're too stupid to pull it off in order to believe in their innocence.

Hadn't they spent a week there? Not saying that they did anything but I'm pretty sure reasonably intelligent people will learn their way around a very small town in a week well enough that they can figure out where the sea is or find a dumpster or two without any impossible mental effort.

This is true I think.
I am not saying they did anything either, but I do know from following other cases, people can make people disappear quickly and efficiently, even if they are unfamiliar with the location

We don't have to argue that they're too stupid to pull it off in order to believe in their innocence.

A week? With lots of people.
And in that time their daughter dues and they find time to slip away and hide her body so well no one can find her?

I don't see this as at all probable.

A week? With lots of people.
And in that time their daughter dues and they find time to slip away and hide her body so well no one can find her?

I don't see this as at all probable.

??? I don't understand. Of course there were lots of people.How does that rule out that they might have found out where the sea was or located a dumpster? And I'm sure that had they wanted to they would have been able to find some time to "slip away". They were not under constant surveillance, as far as I know. Is there a link saying they were never alone?

Honestly, they are not imbeciles and some of these insurmountable difficulties are just total non-issues to me.

??? I don't understand. Of course there were lots of people.How does that rule out that they might have found out where the sea was or located a dumpster? And I'm sure that had they wanted to they would have been able to find some time to "slip away". They were not under constant surveillance, as far as I know. Is there a link saying they were never alone?

Honestly, they are not imbeciles and some of these insurmountable difficulties are just total non-issues to me.

Whether or not they are smart has little to do with opportunity to kill their dd and hide her body so well. It was night. No trash pick up. If they put her in a dumpster It seem they would have found her.
If they took her to the sea how did they get her in well enough that the tide did not bring her back? No one reported them showing up wet. They rented a boat? That would leave a trail.

There is just no evidence that they had anything to do with this.

Why is it so unlikely that someone could hide out of sight without being seen?

Some of the theories on what the McCanns did with Madeleine's body are pretty far fetched yet hiding in a bush or something without being seen is deemed unlikely!? :)rolleyes:)

To quote: "just because you can't see it it doesn't mean it's not there"

Because the people who support the McCanns insist that, in spite of the fact that they weren't with their children, they were not far away at all, and could see their villa at all times-that's the justification for being apart from the children each night of the vacation. You can't be vigilant and careless all at once. They either could see the villa at all times or they couldn't.

I have read that LE did not conduct a thorough search of all the dumpsters in the vicinity and never did a landfill search either. I could be wrong, I don't have a link. And I don't know what the beach is like, if there is a stretch of low water or if it gets deep quickly, what kind of currents there are, what time the high tide was, if there are wave breakers or docks that one could walk on... etc.

It happens that people who drown near the beach are never recovered so not drifting back with the tide does not count as an insurmountable difficulty to me either.

I did not say that there is evidence that the McCanns did anything, it's just that many of the arguments that are presented as evidence that they couldn't have done anything don't seem to prove what they are intended to unless one presupposes that the couple's combined IQ is below double digits. Many a stupider person has hidden a body.

Because the people who support the McCanns insist that, in spite of the fact that they weren't with their children, they were not far away at all, and could see their villa at all times-that's the justification for being apart from the children each night of the vacation. You can't be vigilant and careless all at once. They either could see the villa at all times or they couldn't.

I don't support the McCanns, I just don't think there is enough evidence that points to them being guilty. It is not about supporting people but looking at the evidence and seeing the truth for me.

There is plenty of places for someone to have been hidden to take advantage of opportunity. I do not think the McCanns could see the room at all times but I do believe they felt safe there and did not think they would be in any danger. That is JMO based on not only their choices but the people with them in their party.

I don't support the McCanns, I just don't think there is enough evidence that points to them being guilty. It is not about supporting people but looking at the evidence and seeing the truth for me...
I agree and so does LE in Portugal and England:

Portugal's attorney-general, Fernando Jose Pinto Monteiro, said the police had found no evidence linking the McCann’s…to Madeleine's abduction, and lifted all conditions imposed on them. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ann-officially-cleared-of-arguido-status.html
<O:p
The Portuguese attorney general in 2008 said McCann's parents weren't suspects:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/22/tony-bennett-guilty-madeleine-mccann-parents_n_2743276.html
<O:p</O:p
<O:p
The archiving of the Process concerning arguidos Gerald Patrick McCann and Kate Marie Healy, because there are no indications of the practice of any crime...</O:p
<O:phttp://www.mccannfiles.com/id136.html#adi1

[
QUOTE=blefuscu;9887386]There is no evidence of her being abducted. And if she was abducted how fortuitous that the first apartment the abductor tries was unlocked, had 3 sleeping children in it, had no adults in it, and (s)he managed to get in and out of the apartment right in between checks.

Plus no-one saw a stranger hanging around scoping apartments out.

Until ANY evidence shows there was a possibility of abduction I'm firmly in the MDI camp.
[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%. It is astonishing how many parents get away with this mysterious abducter crap. Kind of like the old "bushy haired stranger" intruder story. Yet, people still buy it.

It makes me wonder if some folks have read Amaral's book, at all.

:scared:

I just can't see how anyone can argue so righteously when they haven't even read about the investigation from the main players.

:dunno:

It makes me wonder if some folks have read Amaral's book, at all.

:scared:

I just can't see how anyone can argue so righteously when they haven't even read about the investigation from the main players.

:dunno:

That's just how some people are, my opinion only.

I have read that LE did not conduct a thorough search of all the dumpsters in the vicinity and never did a landfill search either. I could be wrong, I don't have a link. And I don't know what the beach is like, if there is a stretch of low water or if it gets deep quickly, what kind of currents there are, what time the high tide was, if there are wave breakers or docks that one could walk on... etc.

It happens that people who drown near the beach are never recovered so not drifting back with the tide does not count as an insurmountable difficulty to me either.

I did not say that there is evidence that the McCanns did anything, it's just that many of the arguments that are presented as evidence that they couldn't have done anything don't seem to prove what they are intended to unless one presupposes that the couple's combined IQ is below double digits. Many a stupider person has hidden a body.

Precisely.

We had one hidden in the bushes outside a suburban police station, I am not kidding. Poor thing sat there for 6 days and they only found her when the perp made an anonymous call. :scared:

http://murderpedia.org/male.R/r/rust-mark-errin.htm

Here's what Amaral says about the very first hours -

All Portguese police are already on alert, as well as Interpol. During the night, the National Guard, supported by the civilian population, has started to organise searches. They will be continued and widened tomorrow.

The search and examination of the scene were carried out in difficult conditions: when they arrived, the police were met with a large number of people coming and going - family, friends, resort employees, including dogs and members of the National Guard...the Lisbon scenes of crime technicians come as reinforcements to start the examination of the residence, which is from now on empty...after the searches undertaken in the surrounding area - dustbins, containers, sewers -, it is necessary to proceed with the interrogation of certain potential witnesses. The parents and their friends will be heard quickly. The first statements are of prime importance: memories are still vivid and crucial details could thus be obtained, which would risk being lost later. The witness statements of the restaurant employees, those from the day centre and the playgroup where Madeleine and the twins spent their day are also all important. The search for witnesses will be widened to all the tourists present, whose names must be submitted to the parents and friends. Perhaps they will recognise someone....The English police are involved: they are being asked to cross-check that list with their files in order to pick out individuals known to their services...all of the video recordings from the tourist complex - hotels, banks, pharmacies, supermarkets and service stations -, including those from the CCTV cameras of two motorways - one leading to Lagos and one linking Lagos and Spain -, will be viewed. The Spanish customs service has been asked to increase vigilance at the two ports maintaining links with Morocco,Tarifa and Algeciras. The Algarvian coast, very popular with sailing enthusiasts, is bordered by a large number of marinas. Pleasure boats from every province berth here. Situated 120 nautical miles from the African continent, between the Mediterranean and the Atlantic, it is the most accessible coast for entering the continent of Europe. It attracts many yachtsmen, who appreciate the beauty of its beaches and its inlets, but it also attracts all sorts of traffickers.
- Make contact with the marinas and the maritime police; we must have access to video recordings as well as the registers of boats entering and leaving in the last few days.

http://goncaloamaraltruthofthelie.blogspot.com.au/2009/06/chapter-3.html

We don't really appreciate from a distance just how problematical it must be, searching a well travelled ocean paradise with international borders and ample escape routes.

I know they also stopped and searched cars, took everyones cameras as well.

:twocents:

Nothing is ever a slam dunk.
I am sure that Robert Blake actually shot his wife. Acquitted.
I am sure that OJ killed Ron and Nicole. Acquitted.
I am sure Casey A killed little Caylee. Acquitted.

I think they may be able to prove that some things he wrote were untrue, but I haven't made a list. And I don't know what the laws are in Portugal regarding the rights of free speech.

Are you sure they cannot prove libel?
To add to your list, I am also sure that Michael Jackson was a child molester. Acquitted.
I am also sure that Joran Van Der Sloot killed Natalee Holloway. Unconvicted.
I am also sure that a Ramsey (probably John) killed JB Ramsey. Unconvicted.
I am also sure that the McCann's are at least criminally negligent in the disappearance of Maddie. Unconvicted.

To add to your list, I am also sure that Michael Jackson was a child molester. Acquitted.
I am also sure that Joran Van Der Sloot killed Natalee Holloway. Unconvicted.
I am also sure that a Ramsey (probably John) killed JB Ramsey. Unconvicted.
I am also sure that the McCann's are at least criminally negligent in the disappearance of Maddie. Unconvicted.

This is all opinion.
Vandersloot is the only proven murderer.

Since non of these people have been charged for the crime you listed, It is hard to convict them.

Precisely.

We had one hidden in the bushes outside a suburban police station, I am not kidding. Poor thing sat there for 6 days and they only found her when the perp made an anonymous call. :scared:

http://murderpedia.org/male.R/r/rust-mark-errin.htm

Here's what Amaral says about the very first hours -

All Portguese police are already on alert, as well as Interpol. During the night, the National Guard, supported by the civilian population, has started to organise searches. They will be continued and widened tomorrow.

The search and examination of the scene were carried out in difficult conditions: when they arrived, the police were met with a large number of people coming and going - family, friends, resort employees, including dogs and members of the National Guard...the Lisbon scenes of crime technicians come as reinforcements to start the examination of the residence, which is from now on empty...after the searches undertaken in the surrounding area - dustbins, containers, sewers -, it is necessary to proceed with the interrogation of certain potential witnesses. The parents and their friends will be heard quickly. The first statements are of prime importance: memories are still vivid and crucial details could thus be obtained, which would risk being lost later. The witness statements of the restaurant employees, those from the day centre and the playgroup where Madeleine and the twins spent their day are also all important. The search for witnesses will be widened to all the tourists present, whose names must be submitted to the parents and friends. Perhaps they will recognise someone....The English police are involved: they are being asked to cross-check that list with their files in order to pick out individuals known to their services...all of the video recordings from the tourist complex - hotels, banks, pharmacies, supermarkets and service stations -, including those from the CCTV cameras of two motorways - one leading to Lagos and one linking Lagos and Spain -, will be viewed. The Spanish customs service has been asked to increase vigilance at the two ports maintaining links with Morocco,Tarifa and Algeciras. The Algarvian coast, very popular with sailing enthusiasts, is bordered by a large number of marinas. Pleasure boats from every province berth here. Situated 120 nautical miles from the African continent, between the Mediterranean and the Atlantic, it is the most accessible coast for entering the continent of Europe. It attracts many yachtsmen, who appreciate the beauty of its beaches and its inlets, but it also attracts all sorts of traffickers.
- Make contact with the marinas and the maritime police; we must have access to video recordings as well as the registers of boats entering and leaving in the last few days.

http://goncaloamaraltruthofthelie.blogspot.com.au/2009/06/chapter-3.html

We don't really appreciate from a distance just how problematical it must be, searching a well travelled ocean paradise with international borders and ample escape routes.

I know they also stopped and searched cars, took everyones cameras as well.

:twocents:
Apparently the police did not do a great search.. Looks like they mucked that up good. And this guy was removed..
What he says does not mean much to me.

There is no way that Gerry or Kate had enough time to hide Maddie in a way no one would find her. No proof there.

This is all opinion.
Vandersloot is the only proven murderer.

Since non of these people have been charged for the crime you listed, It is hard to convict them.

Michael Jackson stood trial for child molestation. It's on Google.

JMO

My new signature: "Frankly, I don't give a Dapper Dan."

Michael Jackson stood trial for child molestation. It's on Google.

JMO

My new signature: "Frankly, I don't give a Dapper Dan."

Thank you.
I just did not think it needed to be addressed. Whether anyone likes it or not, He was tried found not guilty and that is it the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3