Votes: 65 12.8%
  • One of her parents was violent to her and killed her

Votes: 63 12.4%
  • Any other reason Madeleine went missing

Votes: 12 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is and never was banned in the Uk or USA for the simple reason it was never published in English! Or in those two countries. You can have a free read though by just googling for the english translation, the truth of the lie is the title
:seeya:
It was but evidently has been lifted: but that's in Portugal.

And if has not been published in English, that's as good as a ban in UK and USA.

I am glad it's online. That means he won't be making money on it. I found it a while back and did read it. Just do not find him credible at all. It was interesting see how his mind works, although I think there might be a cog broken. Once he had developed a theory he was quite defiant in defending that theory, no matter what the truth was found to be.

All my own opinion.

I don't think it is about them getting sued.. I think it is just ridiculous..

IM not biased I started reading the book, Just sounded like more guilding the lily to me.

oh you are so wrong, the media here had to pay out half a million pounds to the Mccanns for printing x y z, of xourse any publisher would feel the fear in agreeing to publish his book

You say guilding the lily, you can only say that as an opinion AFTER you have read his book, kate mccanns book and all the official police files

Oh, and you know what? You just do not know if he and his police team were right!

I believe they were right, because there is absolutely nothing to suggest they were not

It was but evidently has been lifted: but that's in Portugal.

And if has not been published in English, that's as good as a ban in UK and USA.

I am glad it's online. That means he won't be making money on it. I found it a while back and did read it. Just do not find him credible at all. It was interesting see how his mind works, although I think there might be a cog broken. Once he had developed a theory he was quite defiant in defending that theory, no matter what the truth was found to be.

All my own opinion.

No, it was not banned in the UK or USA in any way shape or form, as for being glad its free online, yes I agree, more people around the globe get to read it
:floorlaugh:

And another one who just cannot or wont comprehend the difference between a lone maverick cop with crazy ideas and a whole team of police detectivea... How many times dies it have to be pointed out to you and others they were not HIS lone theories?

British and Portuguese police and other professionals worked together on this!!!

But if you prefer to believe the Mccanns and their deapicble lyng media machine thats your prerogative if it makes you feel happier, truth is more important though

oh and the irony is if the mccanns didnt make such a huge deal about it it would hve gone away, but no, they waited a year after it was published and had made a million pound or so before they decided they were so upset depressed and distraught they had to sue....well, they wont get their money until hell freezes over, karma doesnt like liars or Miffed money grabbers

oh you are so wrong, the media here had to pay out half a million pounds to the Mccanns for printing x y z, of xourse any publisher would feel the fear in agreeing to publish his book

You say guilding the lily, you can only say that as an opinion AFTER you have read his book, kate mccanns book and all the official police files

Oh, and you know what? You just do not know if he and his police team were right!

I believe they were right, because there is absolutely nothing to suggest they were not

I did start reading his book, I found it ridiculously biased.
I don't think he is right. I think he is looking to make a name for himself.

The judge excused herself for a "personal problem".

I wonder what sort of personal issue could be so compelling?

:waitasec:

I did start reading his book, I found it ridiculously biased.
I don't think he is right. I think he is looking to make a name for himself.

:thud:

He already had a "name" - he was thought of as an incorruptible grafter who always got his man.

:sigh:

Ummm. Are you sure you mean grafter? :sothere:

Erm...30+ years working his way up to Inspector without a single stain on his reputation?

Grafter = hard worker.

Amaral didn't have friends in high places, he worked his way up the line.

It's disgusting what has happened to him. The truth will come out one day.

:cow:

No that is not what a grafter is..

graft 2 (grft)
n.
1. Unscrupulous use of one's position to derive profit or advantages; extortion.
2. Money or an advantage gained or yielded by unscrupulous means.
tr. & intr.v. graft·ed, graft·ing, grafts
To gain by or practice unscrupulous use of one's position.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/graft

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/grafter

grafter (ˈɡrɑːftə)

Definitions
noun

(informal) a person who acquires money, power, etc, by dishonest or unfair means, esp by taking advantage of a position of trust
(British, informal) a hard worker
(horticulture) a person whose job is to graft plants, esp vines

There's no point arguing about regional usage differences imo.

I was using the British term as it's a British case.

Anyway back to topic...

Amaral had a reputation, an excellent one - he was regarded as a hard working honest policeman who had successfully solved many, many crimes.

He already had a name, which has been thoroughly ruined by Team McCann...except for those of us with an ounce of common sense, who also view everything the British Media publishes with a great deal of scepticism. :waitasec:

:moo:

He's retired so maybe that's why he's the former detective.

Earlier film-maker Emma Loach, 40, told the court the book was “a tidal wave of lies” that had devastated the family. She became friends with them after making two films about the case. “If people believed Madeleine was dead they wouldn’t look for her,” she said.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/42...ine-says-the-McCann-family-s-former-detective

I don't understand why this person is testifying. What can she have to say if she wasn't there? How does she know that the book is a tidal wave of lies if she wasn't a witness to what happened and didn't even know the family at the time? Wouldn't anything she knows be just hearsay?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/42...ine-says-the-McCann-family-s-former-detective

Hope they keep this investigation moving! :) The answers lie in Portugal? hmm... I wonder what he means by that?

It's so vague and obvious it just sounds to me like it's code for "I've no idea what happened except it was in Portugal"

I don't understand why this person is testifying. What can she have to say if she wasn't there? How does she know that the book is a tidal wave of lies if she wasn't a witness to what happened and didn't even know the family at the time? Wouldn't anything she knows be just hearsay?

It's so vague and obvious it just sounds to me like it's code for "I've no idea what happened except it was in Portugal"

No, he was "let go" by the McCanns as they stopped looking.

After swearing they wouldn't, and still with plenty of money in the "Find Madeleine Fund".

They admitted all searching had stopped by the time SY opened their "review".

The "evidence" presented by Team McCann is all emotion based, oh yes they were so upset.

Not one word about actual damages caused in the courtroom. Not one word about "libel" - they can't prove it's libel. :banghead:

The McCanns will not enter a witness box, no matter what. Gerry McCann couldn't even drag himself away to attend.

Kate was actually told not to go, by the British Police. They fear it may stir up more negative publicity which is the last thing they need in Portugal. Negative publicity hurts the search for Madeleine.

Kate obviously didn't care. She went anyway and held her own press conference on the steps. As you do when you are desperate tp find your child. Her statement was about HER, not about Madeleine. As usual. :pullhair:

Says it all really. One of them is in love with the media, the other - not so much.

all the witnesses so far were diddly squat and pretty useless...see libel trial thread for transcripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub