Why This Case Will Soon Go Cold Again...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To Anyone Who May Understand the Ins and Outs of Constitutional Law:
Do Rights to Privacy apply to dead people? (This is a completely serious question.)

To Anyone Who May Understand the Ins and Outs of Constitutional Law:
Do Rights to Privacy apply to dead people? (This is a completely serious question.)

I don't really know but I watched a legal show on tv the other day with something similar - a suspect committed suicide but confessed to his attorney before he died and the court ruled that the attorney/client privilege no longer applied since he was deceased and therefore nothing the attorney divulged could truly incriminate him.

The law exists to encourage people to report crimes. It guarantees whistleblowers that their calls will remain confidential (even after death). It is for the safety of the people making the calls (and the safety of their families). It's that kind of privacy that it protects (which is a different beast all together). As the 911 case proves, even death does not waive that privacy. That is why even SG's next of kin cannot be allowed to hear the tapes.

I would imagine that if her death is ruled an accident, then SG's family could authorize the release of the recording if it is determined that it would not be needed as evidence because no crime was committed.

So im assuming they arent going to release the ME report to the public?

So im assuming they arent going to release the ME report to the public?
That is my question: what right does the public have in the state of New York to an individual's ME report if that person's c.o.d. is not ruled as suspicious or as a homicide?

That is my question: what right does the public have in the state of New York to an individual's ME report if that person's c.o.d. is not ruled as suspicious or as a homicide?

Idk, but do even know if they are finished? It has been 7 weeks since her body was found.

None, you must be next of kin in all 5 boroughs and LI.
11. How can I obtain a copy of the Autopsy Report?

Completed autopsy and toxicology reports are obtained by written request to:

Office of Chief Medical Examiner
Records Department
421 East 26 Street
New York, NY 10016

A blank request letter may be obtained from the Identification Unit Staff who interviews you.

Please include in your request:

The name of the deceased
Medical Examiner case number (available from the ID Unit staff or the death certificate)
Date and borough of death
Your name and relationship to the deceased

Note: Autopsy reports may only be requested by next of kin.

If you want these reports sent to someone other than yourself (eg., to an attorney or an insurance company), your signature on the request must be notarized.

As you can see, time is passing and my theory is proving to be true. We even had new remains found in Manorville yet not a hint of any progress in this case.

No word on the new victim's sex.

No word on SG's cause of death.

No update on any progress that has been made.

At this rate the weeks are turning into months and soon the months will turn into years.

Tell me if I'm wrong but I believe that the State of New York prohibits the broadcast of 911 calls, so they will not release the tape. It is however your right to request written transcripts of the 911 call under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA.) You'll need to make a written request to the local authorities.

Tell me if I'm wrong but I believe that the State of New York prohibits the broadcast of 911 calls, so they will not release the tape. It is however your right to request written transcripts of the 911 call under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA.) You'll need to make a written request to the local authorities.

You are correct except that even though it is a person's right to request information under the Freedom of Information Act, the Suffolk County Police Department and District Attorney's office have a very strict policy of standing behind FOIA Exemption Rule #7 and using it to deny the majority of the FOIA requests that they receive.

Don't think it's true?

Try submitting a FOIA request for even a closed case from 20 years ago and you will never receive the information/documents that you request. Instead, you will receive a denial letter explaining that the information you requested is exempt from being released under the FOIA due to the terms and conditions of Exemption #7.

Here is a link to Exemption #7 if anyone is interested in learning more about it from the Justice Department;

http://www.justice.gov/oip/exemption7.htm

There is definately a lack of progress in these cases. I am almost always on LE's side, but maybe not now. I feel there is somewhat of a coverup going.

I definately do not agree with the total silence about the latest body found.

You just may be right after all, Seaslug, in that these cases are cold whether by lack of evidence or by design of coverup.

MOO

You are correct except that even though it is a person's right to request information under the Freedom of Information Act, the Suffolk County Police Department and District Attorney's office have a very strict policy of standing behind FOIA Exemption Rule #7 and using it to deny the majority of the FOIA requests that they receive.

Don't think it's true?

Try submitting a FOIA request for even a closed case from 20 years ago and you will never receive the information/documents that you request. Instead, you will receive a denial letter explaining that the information you requested is exempt from being released under the FOIA due to the terms and conditions of Exemption #7.

Here is a link to Exemption #7 if anyone is interested in learning more about it from the Justice Department;

http://www.justice.gov/oip/exemption7.htm

That's a fine line they are walking on that one. I'd like to see an FOIA attorney go after them on that one.

I think interested parties thought the case was cold and about to all go away. Then the mob sex trafficking bust happened. I don't think it was a coincidence that they got a tip and found her body. Since the case had not gone away thanks to the persistant families and us WSers, I think they decided to "give up Shannan" to try to satisfy those who would not let go. It had to be an accident or they wold still have to be solving a murder. So they came up with the most ridiculous story I have ever heard. These guys must really be out of touch with reality. That she drowned in a puddle of water and with the most high tech equipment available they had missed her and she had been in that swamp, a toss away from the parkway, all this time is totally laughable. The SK has been very clever and by letting the bodies turn to bones, there will be no DNA or other evidence anyone can take to court. That's my guess about what is going on. Unless the feds take this case on the SK has won and his enablers and/or accomplices have won. For now. Investigating all these very obscure people for me is a waste of time. The only real sleuthing left for us would be figuring out the strip club/mob sex trafficking connection to SG and to the SK.

Thanks for this RedBird. I have thought from early december the link to the trafficking case was kinda obvious. A week later a new tip or new info leads to a body af a girl (SG) that vanished running into the night. I don't know about you guys but, tips to those types of bodies don't seem right to me if there was no foul play. Then the person should have never been missing...no?

I do NOT believe the case will go cold!

I also believe the Vacation Retal Community has suffered & the Sales have dropped dramatically as well as the home values pummeted. I know people who are not vacationing there solely because of the community & the LE & Political leaders have not pushed to bring this sad tragic LINGERING Black cloud to leave the area. The longer it is NOT SOLVED the longer the community will not bounce back. Failure To Thrive. Thank the Oak Beach Community for there secret connected society. The community in LI suffers & need to seek politians to oust & revamp Police DePT. The FBI should have the right to ReBuild a system (using systamatic approach). When A, B & C Fails the government needs to step in & Fix it.

I am inclinded to believe the FBI is on this case. Crossing state lines. This is a very HIGH PROFILE case. I tend to think it is on the top of the list. The community is being watched by the rest of the world. People do not tolerate SK's running around while innocent hard working families pay the Salaries of the Politians. Let's remember we pay the salaries...we want answers...we want criminals behind bars, we PAY TAXES...LOTS & LOTS. We want to feel safe & heard, thats their job. They can't do it they are voted out.

I do not buy we do not have a voice because we do & so don't the Victims & Their FAMLIES. We are America & we have a standard & if we are attacked & unsafe we pull together like 9-11. We become patriotic, we unite, we get the job done. I am optimistic & do not believe anything less than JUSTICE being served. See buying into our hands are tied creates our hands to be tied. They are Not. The LE hands will be tied because the FBI will do what is right for all.​

As you can see, time is passing and my theory is proving to be true. We even had new remains found in Manorville yet not a hint of any progress in this case.

No word on the new victim's sex.

No word on SG's cause of death.

No update on any progress that has been made.

At this rate the weeks are turning into months and soon the months will turn into years.

<modsnip>. That is Imagination at it's best. Your opinion is just that. But many of us Do not believe that dead end theory as the same theory Joesph Brewer is an imagary thought to being a SK.

There is NO WORD like LE have said they WILL NOT COMMENT WHILE THE CASE IS ONGOING. Dormer said that on the link I gave on JB POI thread. They see a resolution to this case. Every1 has stated that LE & many are very MUM about the case. Wonder Why? Because IMO they are closing in to the finish line. They know they can only keep the public quiet for so long...they would be throwing bones here & there to just quiet us with nonsense. They are not so let's just think There is a reason for this. <modsnip>.

<modsnip>This is my Opinion & We all have the right to spew whatever Our thought may be...as it is Our right to disagree & point out Our Theory, Our Thoughts & Our Beliefs.

I say I see through the smoke screen & the Objective of some.

Peace To All & stay Safe during this holiday since alcohol consumption is at an all time high......

I also believe the Vacation Retal Community has suffered & the Sales have dropped dramatically as well as the home values pummeted. I know people who are not vacationing there solely because of the community & the LE & Political leaders have not pushed to bring this sad tragic LINGERING Black cloud to leave the area. The longer it is NOT SOLVED the longer the community will not bounce back. Failure To Thrive. Thank the Oak Beach Community for there secret connected society. The community in LI suffers & need to seek politians to oust & revamp Police DePT. The FBI should have the right to ReBuild a system (using systamatic approach). When A, B & C Fails the government needs to step in & Fix it.

I am inclinded to believe the FBI is on this case. Crossing state lines. This is a very HIGH PROFILE case. I tend to think it is on the top of the list. The community is being watched by the rest of the world. People do not tolerate SK's running around while innocent hard working families pay the Salaries of the Politians. Let's remember we pay the salaries...we want answers...we want criminals behind bars, we PAY TAXES...LOTS & LOTS. We want to feel safe & heard, thats their job. They can't do it they are voted out.

I do not buy we do not have a voice because we do & so don't the Victims & Their FAMLIES. We are America & we have a standard & if we are attacked & unsafe we pull together like 9-11. We become patriotic, we unite, we get the job done. I am optimistic & do not believe anything less than JUSTICE being served. See buying into our hands are tied creates our hands to be tied. They are Not. The LE hands will be tied because the FBI will do what is right for all.​

Vacationing where? Oak Beach does not have a lot of vacation rentals. There are people with summer homes but not many rent them out. Do you live on LI?

High profile? SCPD has not uttered a single word about this case in months. It's like it never even happened :banghead:

the beach and boating over here is as busy as ever,last year and this year will be even busier due to early warm weather.as far as the real estate it has declined all over.this area still holds its own in the market.so unless you know the real estate in this area and work it which i highly doubt then you need to start posting links as fact.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back