GUILTY WI - 12-Year-Old Girls Stab Friend 19 Times for Slenderman, Waukesha, 31 May 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that sledgehammer quote, and I honestly question her story's authenticity. That's literally the only statement of something like that I've seen, and it truly sounds like (IMO) a tween girl telling a neat story.

I was wondering how a 12 yr could lunk a -sledgehammer- around, those things are *heavy*.

I'd have been asking that kid a lot of questions.

I read those too!
When I first started googling around about the whole slender man thing, it reminded me of books I read in grade school. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These books were first published in 1981 and are for a suggested reading level of ages 9 - 12.

They scared the crap out of me when I was a kid, but they were oh so much fun. Here are some of the illustrated images from the books, I understand that when there was reprint in later years that they were changed a bit. https://www.google.com/search?q=scary+stories+to+tell+in+the+dark&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=SRuRU8OaNMmqyAS_54KYAw&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=799

I do realize that these books were on the list of "most frequently challenged books 90-99" but so was Harry Potter.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that is in no way unusual or odd for kids this age and younger to be reading "horror" stories. It's not uncommon for them to want to scare themselves with scary images and stories and then tell their friends about it.

I didn't find these books at the library or borrow them from some neglected and unattended friend. My mother purchased them for me through my Christian school's Scholastic Book Club program.

Just because relatively young children read scary stories doesn't mean that they don't understand that the things that happen are wrong and bad. Hence the reason that they are scary stories.

O/T!

I, for one, take great umbrage with your degradation of Mom Jeans!

:giggle:
2585uur.jpg

Mom Jean Wearers Unite!!!

Come on all, life needs a little levity.....
:laugh:

:floorlaugh:.........:lol:...........:floorlaugh:

Thanks, Ny -- yes, we need a cool sip of relief.:seeya:

I read the police statements, finally. My reaction while reading was, 'OK, now I agree, they really were lost in a fantasy world.'
But once I re-read, all I could think was, 'these statements are completely contrived.'
I'm starting to think now that they even intended to get caught. They've now become legends themselves. Part of the continuing creepypasta story.

stabby stab stab and kitty business seemed not realistic to me but hey what do I know.

Interesting thought and one I am contemplating hard. I look forward to the computer and device forensics and what they show.

ETA recalling the Caylee Anthony case and those computer searches proved out too late to be of use. Wondering what sort of searches and footprints these girls devices will show.

When I first started googling around about the whole slender man thing, it reminded me of books I read in grade school. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These books were first published in 1981 and are for a suggested reading level of ages 9 - 12.

They scared the crap out of me when I was a kid, but they were oh so much fun. Here are some of the illustrated images from the books, I understand that when there was reprint in later years that they were changed a bit. https://www.google.com/search?q=scary+stories+to+tell+in+the+dark&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=SRuRU8OaNMmqyAS_54KYAw&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=799

I do realize that these books were on the list of "most frequently challenged books 90-99" but so was Harry Potter.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that is in no way unusual or odd for kids this age and younger to be reading "horror" stories. It's not uncommon for them to want to scare themselves with scary images and stories and then tell their friends about it.

I didn't find these books at the library or borrow them from some neglected and unattended friend. My mother purchased them for me through my Christian school's Scholastic Book Club program.

Just because relatively young children read scary stories doesn't mean that they don't understand that the things that happen are wrong and bad. Hence the reason that they are scary stories.

It wasn't so much the stories, for me anyway, it was the amazing illustrations by Stephen Gammell.

Another correlation I see between many of these child 'killer duos' is that the kids are generally quite intelligent.

In the case of Leopold and Loeb, one boy had an estimated IQ of 210. That's like Einstein, on crack.

I read that sledgehammer quote, and I honestly question her story's authenticity. That's literally the only statement of something like that I've seen, and it truly sounds like (IMO) a tween girl telling a neat story.

there was one other statement from a classmate I don't recall the link but had to do with the same girl I believe. The classmate basically said that she was totally normal and nothing seemed awry til the 5th grade when she got all "weird" about slenderman and the classmate put distance between her and herself after that because the level of interest in slenderman put her off, made her uncomfortable and wasn't her thing and struck the classmate as odd.

cannot find the link at the moment but will keep looking, for now must be considred rumor but once link is located I will post it.

ETA LINK: okay I now see it was the same classmate so now I am taking with a grain of salt

“I met her in kindergarten. She was cool until fourth grade when she acted weirdish,” said the classmate. “As she talked about more suicidal things and she was, ‘Slenderman was coming to get all of us.’ She was a part of Slenderman’s tribe or something.”

The classmate says she once saw Morgan with a sledgehammer.

“I remember her holding it and saying that this is a weapon and I can do anything with it. I kind of stayed my distance when she showed me the sledgehammer.”

http://fox6now.com/2014/06/04/she-was-cool-until-4th-grade-classmate-talks-about-stabbing-suspect/

One of the most popular kids titles in the recent past was the goosebumps series. My son is about the same age as these girls and on a recent plane trip the book he bought to read was the Walking Dead. I'm not worried yet.

update on victim condition

On their ******** page, verified by Waukesha police, the parents of the victim thank the public for their support.

"She has been able to walk the halls of the hospital with her Dad. No machine, no tubes, just she and her Dad. She has been out of bed watching TV in her wheelchair as well. She seems to like sitting in her wheelchair as opposed to the lying in bed. She still gets a little ill when she (eats) so we're taking that slowly. She also gets overwhelmed very easily, so we're going to try to limit visitors and allow her to have a little alone time," her parents wrote.

The family also asked the public to maintain the victim's anonymity.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/slender-man-stabbing-victims-family-raising-money/95029/

Glad to hear she is up and moving around, that is very encouraging!

stabby stab stab and kitty business seemed not realistic to me but hey what do I know.

Interesting thought and one I am contemplating hard. I look forward to the computer and device forensics and what they show.

ETA recalling the Caylee Anthony case and those computer searches proved out too late to be of use. Wondering what sort of searches and footprints these girls devices will show.

~ bbm

swear, my first thought when I read that was to wonder whether they followed the Jodi Arias trial

there was one other statement from a classmate I don't recall the link but had to do with the same girl I believe. The classmate basically said that she was totally normal and nothing seemed awry til the 5th grade when she got all "weird" about slenderman and the classmate put distance between her and herself after that because the level of interest in slenderman put her off, made her uncomfortable and wasn't her thing and struck the classmate as odd.

cannot find the link at the moment but will keep looking, for now must be considred rumor but once link is located I will post it.

http://fox6now.com/2014/06/04/she-was-cool-until-4th-grade-classmate-talks-about-stabbing-suspect/

One of the most popular kids titles in the recent past was the goosebumps series. My son is about the same age as these girls and on a recent plane trip the book he bought to read was the Walking Dead. I'm not worried yet.

I was a member of my city's Horror Society, authors and artists who got together once a month to hang out and bump elbows with new ideas, and such.

One night we discussed how long we'd all been 'into' the horror genre. The majority of us started around ages 7-10. These are the *nicest* most balanced people I knew at the time, all had great jobs, nice lives.

An interest in 'dark' literature or art, or music, really does not at all equal a negative person. Usually, it's quite the opposite -- it's like all the darkness is expressed through the art or writing or movies, w/e, no need to dwell on or externalise your own.

~ bbm

swear, my first thought when I read that was to wonder whether they followed the Jodi Arias trial

I'm sorry, I didn't follow that trial. What does the "stabby stab stab" have to do with Arias? TIA

Was "stabby stab stab" said in Arias' trial?

Similar was said by a lot of people following the Arias trial, here and everywhere. I think some at WS even referred to Arias as "Stabby" It may have been an HLN thing, too. But I could be mistaken about that.

I'm sorry, I didn't follow that trial. What does the "stabby stab stab" have to do with Arias? TIA

There was a lot of stabbing going on and her online nickname here and elsewhere was sometimes "stabby"

I was a member of my city's Horror Society, authors and artists who got together once a month to hang out and bump elbows with new ideas, and such.

One night we discussed how long we'd all been 'into' the horror genre. The majority of us started around ages 7-10. These are the *nicest* most balanced people I knew at the time, all had great jobs, nice lives.

An interest in 'dark' literature or art, or music, really does not at all equal a negative person. Usually, it's quite the opposite -- it's like all the darkness is expressed through the art or writing or movies, w/e, no need to dwell on or externalise your own.
One night when discussing TV shows with my husband, we laughing said that we would not want to be alone in a dark alley with any of the writers for the TV shows we watch, which include Game of Throne, CSI, Walking Dead, Bones, Sons of Anarchy Supernatural, the Following and Criminal Minds. Previous favorites include Dexter. Because those people have some seriously twisted minds. But none are murders (I hope!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member