GUILTY WI - 6 dead, 61 injured after car rams into crowd at holiday parade, Waukesha, 21 Nov 2021 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would he even have been able to determine age, race, etc. as fast as he was travelled? Especially as he approached them from behind?

Wisconsin, outside of urban areas, is pretty white (though it sounds like there were some Hispanic folks there as there was talk of interpreters needed). I looked up the stats of Waukesha County and from 2010 census it was 93% white with 4% Hispanic.

That said I don't think this was racially motivated either, I think the guy is just a garden variety and human trash.

Wisconsin, outside of urban areas, is pretty white (though it sounds like there were some Hispanic folks there as there was talk of interpreters needed). I looked up the stats of Waukesha County and from 2010 census it was 93% white with 4% Hispanic.

That said I don't think this was racially motivated either, I think the guy is just a garden variety ******* and human trash.
The city of Waukesha, especially the area that this parade was taking place in, is heavily Hispanic. WSHS was less than 50 percent white last year fwiw. I also agree that this was not racially motivated.

Why the car attack in Waukesha worries experts

One theory experts are looking into is that the use of vehicles for mass attacks has gained traction as part of the so-called copycat problem. “The idea of a vehicular attack is certainly more on the radar now for some individuals who may be planning violence,” another law enforcement source who has studied the problem told me.

The Waukesha suspect’s motive or intent, and whether his attack was planned or spontaneous, remained largely unclear as of late Monday. But Brooks’ lengthy record of domestic violence, as reported by multiple news outlets citing court records, may also be noteworthy.

I went to the vigil earlier tonight with a couple of family friends. Thousands of people showed up and faith leaders from pretty much every religion gave beautiful, touching speeches - there was an imam that made me cry multiple times because of the comfort of his words. There was a Lutheran church that brought therapy dogs, multiple groups providing hot drinks and hand warmers and Chick-Fil-A that brought thousands of sandwiches to help feed community members who may have been unable to access much food over the last day or so. Despite the horrific circumstances, this community really showed up and came together... and it is incredible how much money people have donated to the families with kids in the hospital who need support right now. The world really needs more communities that come together and protect our own like this.

This is the young girl I was referring to earlier that lives near my parents. Her uncle is a combat vet and said the scene was comparable to war:
https://www.tmj4.com/news/waukesha-...TwBtqeMSsvK8y5aXQatpbCyuY3SA7AQ66KSH7YS8xtcdU
WAUKESHA, Wis. — Nearly 50 people were injured on Sunday after an SUV drove through a crowd of people during the Waukesha Christmas parade. One of them, an 11-year-old girl, was part of a dance troupe.

Ryan Kohnke says he did combat service in Iraq. After witnessing the chaos at the Waukesha Christmas parade, he said it was comparable to his time at war.

"This was very similar and it was the first thing it reminded me of, just seeing all those bodies," Kohnke said.

However, this time, Kohnke was in the middle of a holiday parade with his family, including his 11-year-old niece Jessalyn.

"I knew my sister and her family are a part of the Waukesha Dance XTreme Team. They had just passed us a few minutes prior," Kohnke said.

Dear Lord. Ryan Kohnke. Comparable to combat. His niece who lives by your parents.

Terrorism on US soil. Just flipping fabulous. Guess I should have believed people that told me after 9/11. You will see this in all kinds of guises on our own soil.

I went to the vigil earlier tonight with a couple of family friends. Thousands of people showed up and faith leaders from pretty much every religion gave beautiful, touching speeches - there was an imam that made me cry multiple times because of the comfort of his words. There was a Lutheran church that brought therapy dogs, multiple groups providing hot drinks and hand warmers and Chick-Fil-A that brought thousands of sandwiches to help feed community members who may have been unable to access much food over the last day or so. Despite the horrific circumstances, this community really showed up and came together... and it is incredible how much money people have donated to the families with kids in the hospital who need support right now. The world really needs more communities that come together and protect our own like this.

Oh Bless your community. I am so sorry this happened to youse.

Are you O.K.? It has to be so traumatic. Please let us know how you are doing and your parents as well.

@doyoulovemepfg thank you for keeping us informed. Prayers going up tonight for your community.

Dear Lord. Ryan Kohnke. Comparable to combat. His niece who lives by your parents.

Terrorism on US soil. Just flipping fabulous. Guess I should have believed people that told me after 9/11. You will see this in all kinds of guises on our own soil.
I have a few other friends who are active duty military (non combat) and were there - every single one of them said this was worse than anything they had seen in training.

I don't think the police have done an investigation yet to determine if it happened and what happened. moo

Thanks. And no more pressers, they said. So I guess what we know now, is all we will ever know.

I’m sad for the victims and their families. People are still hospitalized and battling for their lives. They just need to survive and recover. I suppose if they can live without answers, so can I.

I hope it brought some peace for you. It sounds like a great community. He doesn’t get to define the town’s identity with his evil. There are good people like you to carry on. Thank you for being there, spiritually on behalf of all of us here.

Oh Bless your community. I am so sorry this happened to youse.

Are you O.K.? It has to be so traumatic. Please let us know how you are doing and your parents as well.

@doyoulovemepfg thank you for keeping us informed. Prayers going up tonight for your community.
I am doing OK. I live within the radius they blocked off and so do my parents (different neighborhoods). Thankfully we were all inside last night - I had just gotten off FaceTime with a relative and was about to take a shower when all of this occurred. I stayed in with everything locked up until about 3pm today and was really lucky that I had a fully stocked kitchen when this happened - I know many people were unable to leave and get food for almost a whole day.
I went to WSHS which is the school whose band got hit and even though I am not a super recent alum, I know many of the people that were affected's older siblings, parents or teachers - the band director was my band director in the mid 2000's and one of the Good Samaritans was a teacher I had in middle school.
My parents were not nearby at the time this happened either - my dad was in the area roughly an hour before and left before the parade started. He is significantly hearing impaired and I am truly grateful he was not in the area because he would not have been able to sense a vehicle like that coming up behind him even with his hearing aids on.
Thank you guys all so much for caring about our community. Please keep praying and helping out, it means the world.

Thanks. And no more pressers, they said. So I guess what we know now, is all we will ever know.

I’m sad for the victims and their families. People are still hospitalized and battling for their lives. They just need to survive and recover. I suppose if they can live without answers, so can I.
BBM this is incorrect information. Public info officer just stated that there is nothing else currently scheduled. This department is usually quite transparent when it comes to serious, violent crime like this.

Suspect in Waukesha parade incident will have initial court appearance on Tuesday afternoon

From CNN's Paul P. Murphy

An initial appearance for Darrell Brooks, the suspect in Sunday's fatal incident at the Waukesha Christmas parade, will have his initial appearance in court on Tuesday at 5 p.m. ET (4 p.m. local time).

The hearings will be available via livestream for the public to view.

In a news conference on Monday afternoon, authorities said that police would be referring five counts of first intentional homicide, and other charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879