GUILTY WI - 6 dead, 61 injured after car rams into crowd at holiday parade, Waukesha, 21 Nov 2021 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darrell Brooks has requested an adjournment because he said he is on a COVID-19 protocol.

Brooks is seated more than six feet away from anyone in the courtroom, according to Judge Jennifer Dorow.

Brooks said he took a test and the results are due back Friday.

"I'm afraid as hell, your honor," Brooks said.

He said the jail didn't offer a rapid test. Brooks said he knows people who have died from COVID-19 and that he's never had it.

Brooks told Dorow he has a loss of taste and fatigue but that he's fully vaccinated.

District Attorney Susan Opper said that this is just another delay tactic.

This trial is going to take foreverrrr at this rate! Omg! I hope when the jury’s present the judge will significantly pare down all these explanations and latitude she’s giving him. I can’t imagine her having to recess every 20 mins or so to address his bs outside the jury’s presence. She has to be able to shut him down in the moment or mute him as needed to keep things moving. I know she’s balancing his rights and trying to prevent an appeal but grrrr it’s so frustrating watching his games!!

I saw that former Judge Vonda Evans from Detroit was on CourtTV with Vinnie this week and although I’m not a fan of hers generally I have to agree with her saying that Judge Darrow is being too respectful and compassionate with this fool. He’s manipulating her and Judge Evans was saying that she needs to put him permanently in the other room. And just maintain more control over him.

I noticed how by the end of the day he starts smiling at her and she smiles back and gets jokey with him! She needs to stop that! That is so manipulative on his part. He plays his stupid games all day long and then at the 11th hour he’s all passive and smiley and respectful.

I wonder how he would behave with a male judge!

I saw that former Judge Vonda Evans from Detroit was on CourtTV with Vinnie this week and although I’m not a fan of hers generally I have to agree with her saying that Judge Darrow is being too respectful and compassionate with this fool. He’s manipulating her and Judge Evans was saying that she needs to put him permanently in the other room. And just maintain more control over him.

I noticed how by the end of the day he starts smiling at her and she smiles back and gets jokey with him! She needs to stop that! That is so manipulative on his part. He plays his stupid games all day long and then at the 11th hour he’s all passive and smiley and respectful.

I wonder how he would behave with a male judge!
I would like to see Judge Judy deal with him.

In a recent interview, Darrell Brooks' mother said she told Darrell, "You did do what they said you did. Even though it wasn't intentional, you did. You're going to have to go to prison."

Wasn't intentional? Geez. His mom is a delusional too.
At least his ex-girlfriend, the mother of his child, gets it right.

"He did a monstrous thing," she said. "Throw him in jail, under the jail, hang him. If they had the death penalty here, I would be for that."

At least his ex-girlfriend, the mother of his child, gets it right.

"He did a monstrous thing," she said. "Throw him in jail, under the jail, hang him. If they had the death penalty here, I would be for that."

Is this the ex that Brooks apparently ran over with his car long before he drove into the parade???

jmho ymmv lrr

Hey, he needs to be told from the judge right now to "dress, sit down, remain quiet and seated or we will apply a stun belt to you and bring you into court every day with a stun belt on. He attacked and is highly agitated. He qualifies totally for a belt and bolt him to the floor! The judge is not requiring him to STFD, neither are the baliffs they need to stand and remain behind him and require him to stfd. REMAIN SEATED!

I am watching live currently on Law and Crime. Brooks is a smart man, who sadly ( IMO) was never treated for and shows EXTREME behaviors of Oppositional Defiant Disorder. He is behaving like a four year old, and the judge has him in Time Out like a four year old. But....he absolutely knows what he is doing....and he is pushing buttons.

Hoping this judge has a healthy way to treat her massive stress from this trial, but I fear he is winning. He will continue with his behavior, as long as she allows it.

IMO this judge is aiding and abetting his delay tactics by overexplaining everything and repeating herself over and over. Like right now, she's already ruled on this motion and is being asked to reconsider. All she has to do is deny the motion and move on! Meanwhile the jury is waiting. She keeps talking about judicial economy but wastes so much time repeating herself over and over each day. There is a written record of everything she says that will be available for the appellate court. Those appellate judges are not spring chickens and don't need to be repeatedly told why she's doing what she's doing. The record is clear about what this defendant aims to do. It's been made clear over the last 3 days. Just reiterate briefly that he's still being defiant and disruptive and proceed. Today is the 1st day of trial. Keep it moving!! JMO

She's lacking an air of authority that she really needs.

I watch some cases in one of the Indiana courts and that judge doesn't play. He cautions those that come before him: Do not disrespect this court in any way... don't make faces in reaction to what you're hearing, no disruptions, sit like you're in church. We had one magistrate who wouldn't tolerate people chewing gum in his courtroom, another made one lady take off her hat.

Is this the ex that Brooks apparently ran over with his car long before he drove into the parade???

jmho ymmv lrr
Yes, that’s her.

At the time of the parade, Brooks was out on $1,000 cash bail related to charges filed earlier in November in Milwaukee County.

Brooks was charged with punching and running over the mother of his child.

The district attorney has said his low bail was a mistake.

According to court documents, a jury trial for Brooks remains scheduled for Dec. 12 on charges related to that case.

I am watching live currently on Law and Crime. Brooks is a smart man, who sadly ( IMO) was never treated for and shows EXTREME behaviors of Oppositional Defiant Disorder. He is behaving like a four year old, and the judge has him in Time Out like a four year old. But....he absolutely knows what he is doing....and he is pushing buttons.

Hoping this judge has a healthy way to treat her massive stress from this trial, but I fear he is winning. He will continue with his behavior, as long as she allows it.

The judge is currently instructing the jury and reading the 77 criminal charges - one by one - and describing for each one the elements of determining guilt or reasonable doubt.

It’s very repetitious and I am exhausted just listening to it. She’s only up to count 22. I feel for her.

Trial is on lunch break now. During this break, it was stated by the Judge that DB will be 'looked at' by the medical team....for his complaints of a cut on his finger, and a 'bruise' on his arm.

:rolleyes:

He ran over and killed 6 innocents in his vehicle, injured dozens more..but..

He more than likely received those horrible injuries from....
A paper cut, and having to lift the heavy bankers boxes of material, which he so chose to do by wishing to represent himself.

Colossal failure of a man here.....just sayin. MOO

ETA: added link

Here we go again. She brings him back in and goes back and forth yet again! He asks silly question and says he doesn't understand on purpose to keep stalling. She needs to make a decision to keep him in the other courtoom permanently. And bring him in when he needs to make opening statement and cross examination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maineguy1961