GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh wow! Court TV just said JM is in the courthouse today. He is under subpoena as a defense witness so it is possible he will testify again. Interesting.

I’m baffled that the prosecution didn’t spend more time on the physical evidence of the crime scene and Ezra’s person!

How does the defense explain the other cuts on her arms? Parallel superficial cuts on her arms and legs that were never explained by the defense, OR brought up by the prosecution.

How about the crime scene, the position of his body, lack of blood on her, his shoes off and socks clean...

If I didn’t know any better, I would say it seems like the prosecution is throwing this case.

She was so unfeeling while she testified and I don't believe a thing she said relating to her "relationship" with Alex. Not a bit of remorse over Alex and especially what she did to him. None of what she said happened. He didn't cut her clothes, she did it herself after she attacked an unsuspecting Alex. I don't know what really happened, but it seems that she could have crawled into the back seat and stabbed him in the back of the head or neck while he was still sitting in the front with his back toward her to begin with. That was the beginning of the 16 stabs. What happened next is even more of a guess, but what I think she did after the attack is to thoughtfully take his cell phone. She grabbed it before she walked away from her crime, disabled it by breaking it and then tossed it on her way to safety. By doing that, she was making sure nobody found Alex anytime soon. She was making sure he wouldn't be found alive and before she could make up a story. That right there convinces me that she is guilty guilty guilty and calm enough to try to cover her tracks for the moment.

Didn’t she state she took it so she could get help? I might be wrong but I remember thinking I wonder if she used it to dial 911 or any number. I hope they bring that up.

ETA: I agree she took it so he couldn’t call for help.

Unfortunately for Ezra her scheme fell apart when her car got stuck in the mud. I believe her original plan was to kill Alex and hide his body in a place where it wouldn't be found for a long time. The location of Alex's death fits the bill. It's isolated, it's over a hill and in a depression. It can't be seen from the road.

If her car had not gotten stuck in the mud she could have driven away and claimed that she and Alex had a friendly talk and she dropped him off at a store somewhere. Had that happened Alex would be a missing person not a homicide victim.

Defense attorney: "When you were talking to Detective Prock....and I know you have no independent memory so I'll show you the transcript...." Ezra: "YES, thank you..."

Total BS!!!!! She should not have been allowed to say that!
Hahaha, for real. I’m no pro but the objections from both sides are lacking. Just let the defense lead her wherever they want. I’m not defending EM but the state was relatively incoherent with questioning. I’m not saying it has to be exciting courtroom drama, but it has to be understood by the jury. I kept waiting for the big reveal but didn’t come.

I’m baffled that the prosecution didn’t spend more time on the physical evidence of the crime scene and Ezra’s person!

How does the defense explain the other cuts on her arms? Parallel superficial cuts on her arms and legs that were never explained by the defense, OR brought up by the prosecution.

How about the crime scene, the position of his body, lack of blood on her, his shoes off and socks clean...

If I didn’t know any better, I would say it seems like the prosecution is throwing this case.
Right?!? Like enough with the journals. I’m pretty sure everyone understands she’s deceptive. There is honestly very little to no evidence of sexual assault at the scene. They could have shredded that part of her account.

Unfortunately for Ezra her scheme fell apart when her car got stuck in the mud. I believe her original plan was to kill Alex and hide his body in a place where it wouldn't be found for a long time. The location of Alex's death fits the bill. It's isolated, it's over a hill and in a depression. It can't be seen from the road.

If her car had not gotten stuck in the mud she could have driven away and claimed that she and Alex had a friendly talk and she dropped him off at a store somewhere. Had that happened Alex would be a missing person not a homicide victim.

I find this quite interesting and hope it is mentioned by the State. Ezra told the detective that she recognized Mr. Sipple, the owner of the house that she went to. But, she claims she was never in that town or down that road. She had never been there and didn't even know where she was, yet Sipple's house was just five minutes away from where her car was. Had she been there before?

It seems like the prosecution didn’t even bother going through EVERY SINGLE difference between her statements to police and her testimony on the stand because she would probably just say “I don’t remember”. But all of that is SO important.

Make her SAY “yes I said two different things and I don’t know why” over and over again. They did so on just a couple of points (his cell phone, being choked supposedly, the positioning of her body when the attack began...)

But it would have been very powerful to just go from one inconsistency/discrepancy to the next and make her resort to admitting she lied and doesn’t remember repeatedly.

Her story is significantly different now than when she spoke to police.

But what I’m most surprised by? Why did neither side address the mutilation of his penis!?
I get where the prosecution might feel like it goes to motive, if she was being sexually assaulted.

But it seems that would be outweighed by the incredible idea that she stabbed AW in self defense because she “just wanted to get away”, only to then stop...and spend time mutilating his penis.

WHEN did she do that? When she “wanted to get help”? When she was freaking out, like we saw in the police dash cam at Mr. Sipple’s home?
So she stabbed AW 16 times, then just took a bit to mutilate his penis, carve “boy” into her arm, then fall asleep before going to Sipple’s home?

They should have made her explain SOMETHING about all of that.

Does anyone know if EM ever has bail or if it was revoked? I keep wanting to see her brought in or out of the courtroom, clearly in custody, but I haven’t seen that yet. Maybe I’ve just missed those moments but haven’t seen it on CourtTV

I find this quite interesting and hope it is mentioned by the State. Ezra told the detective that she recognized Mr. Sipple, the owner of the house that she went to. But, she claims she was never in that town or down that road. She had never been there and didn't even know where she was, yet Sipple's house was just five minutes away from where her car was. Had she been there before?

In one of the redirects, her attorney played a brief snippet of audio and Ezra says the name sounds familiar and then says "I had a teacher with that name." Hard to hear, but she did say that.

Does anyone know if EM ever has bail or if it was revoked? I keep wanting to see her brought in or out of the courtroom, clearly in custody, but I haven’t seen that yet. Maybe I’ve just missed those moments but haven’t seen it on CourtTV

Pretty sure she's in custody based on her hideous outfits......and sometimes her hair.....

Didn’t she state she took it so she could get help? I might be wrong but I remember thinking I wonder if she used it to dial 911 or any number. I hope they bring that up.

ETA: I agree she took it so he couldn’t call for help.

She was asked about this. She said yes she took it to call for help, but then made no such call. I wish they would have pointed out that by her taking the phone it was impossible for HIM to call for help....

yikes, these journals of Alex's are a bit dark eh?

Ox0y6H3.png

UBiE3EH.png

RYCpBrc.png

Last edited:
yikes, these journals of Alex's are a bit dark eh?

Ox0y6H3.png

UBiE3EH.png

RYCpBrc.png
They can be when read without context. When you consider his philosophic interest, these could be the musings of any number of philosophers. Philosophy is philosophy, it can be wordy and complex for even the simplest layman thoughts. I can’t wade too far into the philosophy water as my experience is limited to a 101 class a couple years ago maybe someone else on the thread has more significant experience.

Agree with all of that. It’s late so I suppose I have some time for some crazy talk lol. What if Jason had a larger role than what is thought. When he showed up to testify and EM saw him, she was giddy and smitten. What if he showed up at Alex’s house to make sure she didn’t get hurt in the act. But his roomie was there so they moved to plan B. Wasn’t it Jason that called the cops? The timing of him showing up, storming upstairs and the cops being there when they came down is curious. Did he have that much control over her? I know, I know, he’s not Manson. I’m just not sure she didn’t have some help. Annnndddd I’m done for the day. Catch y’all tomorrow!

I really really wonder this. I think he was there to confront them that day, not to make sure she was ok on a whim.

Maybe Alex wrote whatever slur was found on the bathroom wall and that was her motive?

I think that was was set it all in motion, too.

so far it still isn't clear why
a. they were on that road
b. she lied to LE about not knowing where her driver's license was or c. why she was allowed to drive away if she didn't have it.
d. how M was given the painting at the cafe according to jm but it was in the backseat when the car got stuck in the mud later.
e. there wasn't copious blood in the backseat
f. the crime scene doesn't match her story
g. there were three men's dna on her body or how it got there with the timeline we're working with.

Edit: Let me be kinder. I suppose I’m not surprised that Ezra is laughing at the “psychologist” because she was able to fool him in her “test” scores.
I see her as a mix between Jodi Arias and Casey Anthony. I hope the jury does the right thing and isn’t fooled.

Last edited:
The young State's attorney is kindof a hottie!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo
Back