GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems like the consensus here is that she’s putting on a good show. I don’t disagree but I’m gonna go Denzel and Jimmy McNulty and say; in court it’s not about what you know, it’s about what you can prove. IMO the prosecutor that crossed EM was terrible. Unless the last hour tomorrow dives into motive, the state hasn’t proven it. IMO

It seems like the consensus here is that she’s putting on a good show. I don’t disagree but I’m gonna go Denzel and Jimmy McNulty and say; in court it’s not about what you know, it’s about what you can prove. IMO the prosecutor that crossed EM was terrible. Unless the last hour tomorrow dives into motive, the state hasn’t proven it. IMO

I agree. I'm really not seeing a motive here. I know one is not needed, but it sure helps.

But I'm also seeing no evidence that he attacked her, much less was trying to kill her necessitating her extreme self defense attack.

I agree. I'm really not seeing a motive here. I know one is not needed, but it sure helps.

But I'm also seeing no evidence that he attacked her, much less was trying to kill her necessitating her extreme self defense attack.
Yes, I’m definitely with you on the lack of evidence she was attacked. Her response seems/was excessive. Even if the jury doesn’t care about the why, the reasonable doubt surrounding the events that evening is a big hurdle for the state.

Yes, I’m definitely with you on the lack of evidence she was attacked. Her response seems/was excessive. Even if the jury doesn’t care about the why, the reasonable doubt surrounding the events that evening is a big hurdle for the state.

Very true. There is reasonable doubt.

I'm really trying to make sense of Alex not initiating contact with her for a month, then all having contact at the coffee shop that day, her ending up at Alex's house AND Jason showing up there, then her and Alex leaving alone and him ending up stabbed to death. What conversations happened to make this be the end result????

Last edited:

I'm really trying to make sense of Alex not initiating contact with her for a month, them all having contact at the coffee shop that day, her ending up at Alex's house AND Jason showing up there, then her and Alex leaving alone and him ending up stabbed to death. What conversations happened to make this be the end result????
Right?!? A man lost his life. The whole love triangle or pyramid is wild to me. I found it odd that Jason just showed up and wrote it off as making sure both his friends were ok.

Right?!? A man lost his life. The whole love triangle or pyramid is wild to me. I found it odd that Jason just showed up and wrote it off as making sure both his friends were ok.

Right. Why does she have all of these men hovering all over her and managing her life? There was even another man mentioned today they went to for advice about managing a situation....was it the John situation? I forget now. I remember thinking, "this is weird.....why are all of these grown men managing this teenage girl?"

Sooooo rehearsed. I was surprised the defense attorney was allowed to ask so many leading questions. It made it clear just how much they had rehearsed it together, IMO.

You could really tell EM has gone over it in her head a million times.

I thought it felt VERY rehearsed too.

The narrative she gave makes no sense. Including him needing help to go to the bathroom after she stabbed him.

That seemed like such a strange detail. It almost has to have happened at some point.

I didn't watch that trial. Now I wish I had.

If you go to courtTV and click on the "on demand" link at the top the whole JA trial is available.

I think he had to get all that instagram stuff in. It's super boring and really difficult way to do it. I've watched some other trials where they've had to do that with witnesses and it makes it tedious and long. I'd bet tomorrow will be a bit more spicy.

I agree. No motive, but certainly nothing that really points to a need for self defense, either.

It's a HUGE hurdle. It'll come down to if the jury feels sympathy for her or not, IMO.

I'm really trying to make sense of Alex not initiating contact with her for a month, then all having contact at the coffee shop that day, her ending up at Alex's house AND Jason showing up there, then her and Alex leaving alone and him ending up stabbed to death. What conversations happened to make this be the end result????

Right? The whole thing is SO strange.

Does anyone know what the prosecutions theory is re: her leaving her car running at Alex's house? He keeps making a big point about it and I haven't watched enough to know where he is going with that.
Yeah, I was trying to figure out where he was going with that. Maybe if she turned it off she intended to stay longer stuck in the mud for one last time with Alex, black widow? Or if she left it on she didn’t intend to be stuck long enough for something to happen? IDK TBH.

I guess the state could be attempting to show EM’s propensity for certain immoral behaviors. I think the key cross for the state today was illustrating how many times she stabbed him and more importantly, that she was aware of what happened but chose not to tell anyone.

I guess the state could be attempting to show EM’s propensity for certain immoral behaviors. I think the key cross for the state today was illustrating how many times she stabbed him and more importantly, that she was aware of what happened but chose not to tell anyone.

And also that she was within inches of him (without her glasses on), slicing his throat three times, and didn't have nearly THAT much blood on him, nor was that much in the car. It just did not happen the way she said it did.

But why? What does it mean?

And also that she was within inches of him (without her glasses on), slicing his throat three times, and didn't have nearly THAT much blood on him, nor was that much in the car. It just did not happen the way she said it did.

But why? What does it mean?
Agree with all of that. It’s late so I suppose I have some time for some crazy talk lol. What if Jason had a larger role than what is thought. When he showed up to testify and EM saw him, she was giddy and smitten. What if he showed up at Alex’s house to make sure she didn’t get hurt in the act. But his roomie was there so they moved to plan B. Wasn’t it Jason that called the cops? The timing of him showing up, storming upstairs and the cops being there when they came down is curious. Did he have that much control over her? I know, I know, he’s not Manson. I’m just not sure she didn’t have some help. Annnndddd I’m done for the day. Catch y’all tomorrow!

I cannot wait for the prosecution tomorrow. I cannot stand her half smiles. She definitely seems to enjoy the spotlight.

I hope the prosecu follows the fox pillow significance at the crime scene to the instagram. Maybe trace the movement of that pillow and why it was in the car.

I hope the prosecu follows the fox pillow significance at the crime scene to the instagram. Maybe trace the movement of that pillow and why it was in the car.

Wait.. what have I missed about the fox pillow and Instagram? The only mention of a pillow I heard today was that it “just came out” when she pulled the blanket out of the trunk. Can you elaborate?

She was so unfeeling while she testified and I don't believe a thing she said relating to her "relationship" with Alex. Not a bit of remorse over Alex and especially what she did to him. None of what she said happened. He didn't cut her clothes, she did it herself after she attacked an unsuspecting Alex. I don't know what really happened, but it seems that she could have crawled into the back seat and stabbed him in the back of the head or neck while he was still sitting in the front with his back toward her to begin with. That was the beginning of the 16 stabs. What happened next is even more of a guess, but what I think she did after the attack is to thoughtfully take his cell phone. She grabbed it before she walked away from her crime, disabled it by breaking it and then tossed it on her way to safety. By doing that, she was making sure nobody found Alex anytime soon. She was making sure he wouldn't be found alive and before she could make up a story. That right there convinces me that she is guilty guilty guilty and calm enough to try to cover her tracks for the moment.

She was so unfeeling while she testified and I don't believe a thing she said relating to her "relationship" with Alex. Not a bit of remorse over Alex and especially what she did to him. None of what she said happened. He didn't cut her clothes, she did it herself after she attacked an unsuspecting Alex. I don't know what really happened, but it seems that she could have crawled into the back seat and stabbed him in the back of the head or neck while he was still sitting in the front with his back toward her to begin with. That was the beginning of the 16 stabs. What happened next is even more of a guess, but what I think she did after the attack is to thoughtfully take his cell phone. She grabbed it before she walked away from her crime, disabled it by breaking it and then tossed it on her way to safety. By doing that, she was making sure nobody found Alex anytime soon. She was making sure he wouldn't be found alive and before she could make up a story. That right there convinces me that she is guilty guilty guilty and calm enough to try to cover her tracks for the moment.
I totally get where you’re coming from. The finish of the states cross today needs to be on point. There’s no question she did it but has the state proved beyond a reasonable doubt that it wasn’t self defense? I don’t think they have. She has been prepped really well by her lawyers. She only got flustered a few times but bought herself time by asking for clarification on what was being asked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back