GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If in fact Alex could have lived for 30 minutes after being stabbed 16 times, then there is the possibility he could have called for help and been saved if Ezra hadn't taken his cell phone and trashed it! In my eyes, that means she murdered him twice! If that doesn't show her intent to murder him then only a video of the murder would be more damning. IMO.

I can't remember, what was her excuse for the phone being broken? Is there a photo of it somewhere?

I can't remember, what was her excuse for the phone being broken? Is there a photo of it somewhere?
I believe she said she dropped it when she fell, maybe in the farmer's daughter's driveway. I may have it confused with the knife.

I am fascinated by the testimony of this expert.
Jim Hopper, PH.D. | Publications
Court TV commentary just now - Julia Janae said jurors are captivated with the current testimony of Dr Hopper.
Court TV - Live Stream - Web - Court TV
Julia Jenaé (@JuliaCourtTV) | Twitter

I just wonder if the jury will have a hard time processing this much detail about such a complex subject It's almost like a class lecture. It is really interesting, but may be hard to relate it to the case for a nonmedical person Are any of the jurors are medical people?

I was wondering if I am missing something. Ezra Mccandless could not make bail and has public defenders. Who is paying for all the defense experts? The forensic pathologist (I think?!) said so far she had charged approximately 7,000 dollars.

That’s the culture there, in my opinion. For her, it was “Fake it til you make it”, in a sense-at least as far as her art goes. (Also, along your lines, notice she says “seen” multiple times on various occasions instead of “saw”.) The “crowd” she surrounded herself with are artists of different kinds. Painters, (maybe) musicians, writers, etc. Eccentricity is normal, not an oddity, there. I’m very familiar with that “scene”, and area. What I think happened, not that it matters in any way, is that it was a build up of different variables. Wanting Jason is one, but, I think getting stuck in the snow, knowing she (Ezra) wasn’t suppose to even be driving, was the final straw. It’s hard to diagnose a pathological liar. She contradicts herself too many times to count. Ezra remembers details after she supposedly can’t remember in the same breath. It would take way too long for me to list them, but they’re extremely obvious. She remembers what’s convenient. What she thinks will help her. When she was on the stand, when she repeated the question in her answer, I think that was beyond telling. She had practiced her lies, yet she still wanted to give herself a minute by repeating the directs questions in almost every answer. I’ll save my other opinions for later, but I’m so thankful for Websleuths. No one in my life understands my interest for the missing, or crime in general. Thank you everyone for just being here; even if you wholeheartedly disagree with things I may say.
I found this site about a week ago looking for more info on this case. Love it here. Taking in other folks opinions provides additional perspectives. Nuances I may have missed others picked up on and mentioned. It’s also a window into the jobs of our public servants; judge, prosecutor etc, they get discussed at length too. She’s (EM) definitely good at or was coached well in buying time and answering during cross. Asking for repeats, rephrases, explaining when not required to. I don’t think the prosecution did enough to rattle her IMO. She’s deceptive, pretty sure that can’t be argued, way too many inconsistencies. I’m just not sure the state did enough to erase reasonable doubt.

I was wondering if I am missing something. Ezra Mccandless could not make bail and has public defenders. Who is paying for all the defense experts? The forensic pathologist (I think?!) said so far she had charged approximately 7,000 dollars.

I wondered the same! If the pathologist was 7K, this guy has to be at LEAST 10K. Do taxpayers pay for this?

I found this site about a week ago looking for more info on this case. Love it here. Taking in other folks opinions provides additional perspectives. Nuances I may have missed others picked up on and mentioned. It’s also a window into the jobs of our public servants; judge, prosecutor etc, they get discussed at length too. She’s (EM) definitely good at or was coached well in buying time and answering during cross. Asking for repeats, rephrases, explaining when not required to. I don’t think the prosecution did enough to rattle her IMO. She’s deceptive, pretty sure that can’t be argued, way too many inconsistencies. I’m just not sure the state did enough to erase reasonable doubt.

Agree. And welcome to Websleuths!

I just wonder if the jury will have a hard time processing this much detail about such a complex subject It's almost like a class lecture. It is really interesting, but may be hard to relate it to the case for a nonmedical person Are any of the jurors are medical people?

yes, I feel the same. Too much info and hard to absorb in one sitting.

When I listened to her lies demonizing Alex while giving her testimony, I thought back to her first police interview. She was trying to start her story of abuse from Alex. She told the detective Alex scratched "boy" on her arm and then eventually admitted she did it herself and didn't know why. Well, I know why. She is doing everything in her power to make Alex out to be the bad guy when it is actually Ezra being bad. I don't believe a word out of her lying mouth.

I found the obituary for Alexander L.S. Woodworth at Grandstrand Funeral Home in his hometown of Osceola, WI. It's still online. It mention that, "He received his Bachelor’s degree in Philosophy and Biology in the spring of 2017. He was planning to attend graduate school at the University of Oregon for his master’s degree in Philosophy."

Take a look at the Tribute Wall. There is a lot of tributes (about 30) extolling his virtues. All of them are thoughtful and well written.

I can't imagine that any of the people who actually knew Alex would believe the story that EM is trying to sell. Hopefully the jury won't believe it either.

Alexander L.S. Woodworth Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information

I found the obituary for Alexander L.S. Woodworth at Grandstrand Funeral Home in his hometown of Osceola, WI. It's still online. It mention that, "He received his Bachelor’s degree in Philosophy and Biology in the spring of 2017. He was planning to attend graduate school at the University of Oregon for his master’s degree in Philosophy."

Take a look at the Tribute Wall. There is a lot of tributes (about 30) extolling his virtues. All of them are thoughtful and well written.

I can't imagine that any of the people who actually knew Alex would believe the story that EM is trying to sell. Hopefully the jury won't believe it either.

It really is heartbreaking. And a horrible way for him to have died.

Really lovely sentiments. I wish the jury could read them. I wonder what Ezra's tribute wall would say. And why the defense has not called any character witnesses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back