GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I found the obituary for Alexander L.S. Woodworth at Grandstrand Funeral Home in his hometown of Osceola, WI. It's still online. It mention that, "He received his Bachelor’s degree in Philosophy and Biology in the spring of 2017. He was planning to attend graduate school at the University of Oregon for his master’s degree in Philosophy."

Take a look at the Tribute Wall. There is a lot of tributes (about 30) extolling his virtues. All of them are thoughtful and well written.

I can't imagine that any of the people who actually knew Alex would believe the story that EM is trying to sell. Hopefully the jury won't believe it either.

Alexander L.S. Woodworth Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information

Wow. His friends must be fuming over how Ezra is trying to destroy his character.

Sorry, JMO but the State on cross was pretty weak. Of course some people will lie to cover for their actions, but nothing really specific to pick apart EM’s actions or statements. I thought Hopper was very good, explained some complex research and ideas in simple brain-circuit analogies.

Last edited:
CourtTV did some YouTube uploads

Thanks for the videos. I don't know if I will be able to watch them as I saw too much of her testimony. I just can't stand to look at her any more. I feel like a fool even listening to her lies about the murder and especially about Alex. Prison is too good for her, but if she is convicted maybe it will wipe that smirk off her disgusting face.

According to Chanley Painter, Court TV, the defendant's attorneys are private lawyers hired by her family. At least the state isn't footing her bills.
Chanley Shá Painter on Twitter

Taxpayers could be footing the bills for experts. In the Markel trial, the experts were paid by the state even though the defendants had private attorneys.

I think it's pretty ridiculous that the defense is saying they want the language changed in the jury instructions from "reasonable person" to "reasonable woman" (when talking about self-defense). At the risk of sounding trans-phobic, it seems a bit hypocritical that she wants to be seen as a defenseless woman when it suits her.....

I think it's pretty ridiculous that the defense is saying they want the language changed in the jury instructions from "reasonable person" to "reasonable woman" (when talking about self-defense). At the risk of sounding trans-phobic, it seems a bit hypocritical that she wants to be seen as a defenseless woman when it suits her.....
Yeah this whole thing seems like a tactic to wear out or irritate the pros.

Julia Jenaé on Twitter
Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaCourtTV 21m21 minutes ago
Sidebars are being placed on the record outside the presence of the jury. State will ask for lesser included crime of 2nd degree intentional homicide. Defense asking for reckless homicide and negligent homicide. Judge will make final decision tomorrow. #McCandlessTrial

EIJ2ToSX4AEaSuG.jpg

Medusa, I mean Deja, actually said that it’s not like Ezra stabbed Alex in a vital organ! She was just blindly stabbing to defend herself.

Attachments

• Medusa-marble-sculpture-Gian-Lorenzo-Bernini-Capitoline.jpg
    Medusa-marble-sculpture-Gian-Lorenzo-Bernini-Capitoline.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2
Julia Jenaé on Twitter
Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaCourtTV 21m21 minutes ago
Sidebars are being placed on the record outside the presence of the jury. State will ask for lesser included crime of 2nd degree intentional homicide. Defense asking for reckless homicide and negligent homicide. Judge will make final decision tomorrow. #McCandlessTrial

EIJ2ToSX4AEaSuG.jpg
I think this is indicative of how poor the state performed in the trial. I only started watching the proceedings when Jason was on the stand and IMO the defense was consistently better prepared. I’m not saying they were great, they were just better. But pursuing lesser charges tells me the state doesn’t think they’ve done enough. It’s sad and mildly infuriating that Alex didn’t have better lawyers fighting for him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back