GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, I thought the defense failed miserably on the friend. Made it even clearer how much she lies.

I wish I had seen all of the friend's testimony, only saw the end but gathered that she said EC was dishonest and was a rebuttal witness. I already saw EC as dishonest through other testimony. This is a she said/he's dead situation, and so brutally killed. That says rage to me. I feel badly for Alex's family having to endure the "blame the victim" defense.

Hello Fellow Websleuths. I have only been watching this trial for the past couple of days and I am soo confused. I will have to hear the prosecutions closing arguments, but I haven't heard them hammer out details about WHY he was still in the car if he walked out. It doesn't make any sense that if she feared for her life that she "would help him go to the bathroom" and anyone who had access to a phone would have called 911 to protect themselves and him. My feeling is that she is guilty, but I don't know that it was premeditated. Her memories appear to be quite selective. I don't like to be condemning, but I don't think that she was just defending herself.

I wish the Prosecution would have emphasized the 16 stabs that she did and then ask one of their witnesses about how much force it takes to pierce the skull.

Did they ever clarify when she stabbed his skull? It keeps popping in my head that when she stabbed the skull, I imagine the knife gets sort of stuck, I’d also imagine she’d have to use force to pull the knife out in order to keep stabbing him.

Hello Websleuths! I just joined, but I have been watching the entire trial daily on CourtTV online streaming. I have been searching today for answers to several questions my husband and I have about things in the trial.

1. My husband asks, How the heck did Alex read aloud from a Kierkegaard book while having sex with the defendant?

2. What did Jason photograph and send to Ezra that was written on the Racy’s bathroom wall?

3. Was the cutting of “Boy” on Ezra’s arm deep enough to leave a permanent scar?

4. Are we sure it was “Boy” that was cut there? The “ y “ letter especially is rather illegible to me.

5. Do we know if she had previous scars on that arm from the cutting she said she sometimes did to relieve stress? I don’t know anything about cutting. Does it usually leave scars or not?

6. Same with Alex’s arms. Were there old signs of cutting on his dead body? Was there a scar from his injury that Jason had cleaned and bandaged?

I really don't understand why she laid down. It doesn't make any sense.

I’m assuming you mean after stabbing AW, why did she lay down and pass out in her car as she testified?

I think the answer is SHE DIDN’T. She had to account for that length of time during which she was likely trying to come up with a story to cover her tracks.

I’m assuming you mean after stabbing AW, why did she lay down and pass out in her car as she testified?

I think the answer is SHE DIDN’T. She had to account for that length of time during which she was likely trying to come up with a story to cover her tracks.

I believe she said she laid down in her car before the "attack" happened. After she was done sitting on the hitch thingy, trying to figure out to get the car unstuck, she decided to just lay down, on her back, and that's when Alex approached her. (However she had previously said the "attack" started when she was hunched over, standing outside, digging around in her back seat looking for something to get the car unstuck and he came up behind her....)

I really want to see a photo of the phone. Did it have case or screen protector? How broken can a phone get if you fall with it in your hand into soft, wet mud? Did she purposefully smash it so he could not use it to call 911?

It's driving me crazy there's no clear motive here. For either scenario.

Wondering about the jury makeup here re: where they live, ages and occupations. I did hear CourtTV say they were mostly male.

I'm not sure of the jury makeup, but the jury consists of 6 females and 8 males.

Court TV‏Verified account @CourtTV
BREAKING: A jury has been selected in the Killer Girlfriend Murder Trial. The jury consists of 6 females and 8 males. Opening statements are expected to begin tomorrow morning. Watch LIVE coverage of WI v. Ezra McCandless on #CourtTV: http://court.tv/live #McCandlessTrial

I'm not sure of the jury makeup, but the jury consists of 6 females and 8 males.

Court TV‏Verified account @CourtTV
BREAKING: A jury has been selected in the Killer Girlfriend Murder Trial. The jury consists of 6 females and 8 males. Opening statements are expected to begin tomorrow morning. Watch LIVE coverage of WI v. Ezra McCandless on #CourtTV: http://court.tv/live #McCandlessTrial

I thought I heard a commentator say yesterday that the age range was 30s to 60s/70s. I just paid attention to the "youngest" age since we just got through a confused 19-year-old juror for the Dan Markel trial!

I'm guessing she'll get a guilty from the jury but I'm usually wrong.
This has been a most interesting trial from what I have been able to catch on court tv. I've been having trouble with it on facebook so just bits and pieces. I did think the defense did a pretty good job on that grade school/high school friend that took the stand today. With friends like that who needs enemies..as the saying goes.

That witness was not able to explain the reason she had a negative opinion of the defendant. The defense attorney argued to not allow the testimony because it was too prejudicial.

That witness was not able to explain the reason she had a negative opinion of the defendant. The defense attorney argued to not allow the testimony because it was too prejudicial.

I interpreted that a little bit differently. I thought the State didn't want to open the door too far into what exactly she meant because it would have opened up too many doors for the cross-examination.
I already think the defense was allowed to go too far in asking her about editing the journal for her, going to her house the day after the murder, etc.

I missed the jury instructions... did they change the 'person' to woman/girl as the defense wanted? That right there was enough for me to completely disallow her 'gender fluidity' as true. She just used that term when she wanted and changed her name to be a 'boy' to get what she wanted. Totally BS IMO. She now wants to play the helpless female because it suits the issue.

I missed the jury instructions... did they change the 'person' to woman/girl as the defense wanted? That right there was enough for me to completely disallow her 'gender fluidity' as true. She just used that term when she wanted and changed her name to be a 'boy' to get what she wanted. Totally BS IMO. She now wants to play the helpless female because it suits the issue.
IIRC, the defense said they would accept a similar instruction that was gender neutral. Can't remember if the instruction was agreed to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back