GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've never been on a jury. I am in awe of such a long sacrifice these people are making, and some trials go a lot longer than this! What do people do if they are self-employed or their work doesn't pay them for jury duty??

I'm glad they were released early today so they can spend Halloween with their children/grandchildren.

Julia Jenaé on Twitter
Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaCourtTV 1h1 hour ago
#McCandlessTrial Update: Jury will consider these charges for #EzraMcCandless
1) 1st degree intentional homicide (as charged)
2) 2nd degree intentional homicide
3) 1st degree reckless homicide
4) 2nd degree reckless homicide

EIPEfXgXUAEGxIU.jpg

Thank you. I watched nothing after the jury was excused for the day. Do we know who is going to do closing arguments?
I think dufar (older guy with glasses) for the prosecution (also said it would be about 2 hours) and the male defense attorney (who I thought was horrible on opening arguments). Please correct me if I’m wrong. The female defense was trying to take 1st degree intentional homicide off the table but the judge said the state met their burden. At least the judge thinks she’s guilty as sin.

I think dufar (older guy with glasses) for the prosecution (also said it would be about 2 hours) and the male defense attorney (who I thought was horrible on opening arguments). Please correct me if I’m wrong. The female defense was trying to take 1st degree intentional homicide off the table but the judge said the state met their burden. At least the judge thinks she’s guilty as sin.

I'll be sure to drink lots of coffee......

WI murder of (ex?)girlfriend case that just came back today with NG. His GF was found drowned in a lake with concrete blocks tied to her.

From the article:
Defendant Erik Sackett was convicted of attempted second-degree sexual assault and sentenced to six years in prison in 2012. He was released from prison in October 2017 on extended supervision.

Original charges were 2nd degree attempted homicide (ex-wife) that were dropped down to the attempted second-degree sexual assault. Then, after he was released, he violated his probation and they put him back in prison. Judge disallowed all this info from coming into the trial. Wait until the jurors hear about that.

Jury acquits La Crosse man in death of ex-girlfriend

I rewatched her testimony (on direct) about the actual attack and she's even less believable the second time I watched her. Just so incredibly scripted and rehearsed, no emotion.
I felt the same way....she didn't seem genuine at all. It doesn't make any sense that she doesn't have any feeling when discussing stabbing that young man to death. No one who has a heart would not have feelings about that even if they were fighting for their own life. It is really cold and sick

I felt the same way....she didn't seem genuine at all. It doesn't make any sense that she doesn't have any feeling when discussing stabbing that young man to death. No one who has a heart would not have feelings about that even if they were fighting for their own life. It is really cold and sick

I think we who do not have mental health diagnoses (beyond something like depression or anxiety) can't possibly understand. Just like we could never understand pedophilia, pyromania, necrophilia, serial killing, etc. I believe she has diagnoses beyond what the psychiatrist testified to (PTSD, etc.). She is most likely sociopathic and possibly even an actual narcissist. She's definitely cunning and manipulative, and she's so young. Imagine what she will be capable of as she gets older.

JMO, MOO

I think we who do not have mental health diagnoses (beyond something like depression or anxiety) can't possibly understand. Just like we could never understand pedophilia, pyromania, necrophilia, serial killing, etc. I believe she has diagnoses beyond what the psychiatrist testified to (PTSD, etc.). She is most likely sociopathic and possibly even an actual narcissist. She's definitely cunning and manipulative, and she's so young. Imagine what she will be capable of as she gets older.

JMO, MOO

I noticed EM with the look of Dupers' Delight several times through out the trial. I don't think she realizes how transparent she really is. It's scary!!!

I noticed EM with the look of Dupers' Delight several times through out the trial. I don't think she realizes how transparent she really is. It's scary!!!

I kinda wish the jury could watch the testimony again during deliberations. I saw a lot of things during her testimony I didn't see the first time, and I rewatched Jason's testimony and what I originally saw as argumentative and unnecessarily defensive with the defense I saw a different way. I think the "hindsight" of the rest of the trial made me look at it with different eyes. Interesting. The jury doesn't have this luxury though, so I really don't see them coming back with a unamimous verdict.

I kinda wish the jury could watch the testimony again during deliberations. I saw a lot of things during her testimony I didn't see the first time, and I rewatched Jason's testimony and what I originally saw as argumentative and unnecessarily defensive with the defense I saw a different way. I think the "hindsight" of the rest of the trial made me look at it with different eyes. Interesting. The jury doesn't have this luxury though, so I really don't see them coming back with a unamimous verdict.

I'm planning on watching some of the testimony again as well.

I'm curious to see what the jury comes back with. I think the prosecution missed the mark by allowing the journals be focused on to the extent they were. IMO they should have focused more on the actual crime scene and how it all played out.

I'm planning on watching some of the testimony again as well.

I'm curious to see what the jury comes back with. I think the prosecution missed the mark by allowing the journals be focused on to the extent they were. IMO they should have focused more on the actual crime scene and how it all played out.

Totally agree, and if it's a mistrial and they try her again I hope they heed this advice.

It doesn't make sense because it's a lie. The whole story she told is one huge lie. She's a proven liar.
I agree. I hope that the jury can see that. It doesn't make ANY sense. She had the chance to run away and she didn't. She allegedly helped him go to the bathroom which is in itself very intimate and she was supposed to have just almost been killed by him? Its preposterous. Once she had her hand on that phone, she should have called the police. Did she ever cry out HELP? What was he saying as she was stabbing him to death? It is so disturbing. I really feel for his family.

Did she ever cry out HELP? What was he saying as she was stabbing him to death? It is so disturbing. I really feel for his family.

(rsbm)

The only thing I remember her saying, very calmly, was that he was telling her he was going to have her one more time or something like that. I recall her own attorney trying to get her to say something more "alarming" and "threatening" and she couldn't.....because it didn't happen.

Still, I want to know motive! Did it have something to do with what was on that bathroom wall???

I agree. I hope that the jury can see that. It doesn't make ANY sense. She had the chance to run away and she didn't. She allegedly helped him go to the bathroom which is in itself very intimate and she was supposed to have just almost been killed by him? Its preposterous. Once she had her hand on that phone, she should have called the police. Did she ever cry out HELP? What was he saying as she was stabbing him to death? It is so disturbing. I really feel for his family.

Agreed. When you've just been attacked and you're afraid you're going to be killed you scream, run, call for help, etc.....you don't go help your "attacker". It's ridiculous!

I can't believe there aren't more of us "on" this trial. Why did this not make national news so that more of us were aware of it before we happened upon it on CourtTV?

Well, it seems to me

Jason is immature, and who is to say he was robbing the cradle, so to speak. He is not the issue anyway. He is a very minor issue.

Ezra intended to be alone with Alex that morning. She had broken up with him, but she was not done signing off on the relationship. She went way out of way to deliver a heating pad. That was pretext. Someone suggested the drive. That was her. She chose the distant location. This strongly suggests premeditation.

Ezra was agitated that morning. Jason picked up on that. The driver who saw her stopped weirdly on the highway noted that.
Why was she agitated? Maybe because he told cops that Ezra’s accusation against boyfriend #3 was fabricated by Ezra. Maybe because he posted her phone number on bathroom wall at Racy’s. Maybe something he said that afternoon or earlier.

DA did poor job in cross examination.

I think all her crying at time of murder and bad memory then and now is BS. Does one get PTSD from committing murder? Maybe she is that mentally deranged that she blocks out her own rages, but I doubt it. She is a manipulator for sure.

She should get at least manslaughter. A very damaged, very dangerous woman.

Ezra was agitated that morning. Jason picked up on that. The driver who saw her stopped weirdly on the highway noted that.
Why was she agitated? Maybe because he told cops that Ezra’s accusation against boyfriend #3 was fabricated by Ezra. Maybe because he posted her phone number on bathroom wall at Racy’s. Maybe something he said that afternoon or earlier.

Who is the "he" that you are talking about? Sorry, I'm not following.

Agreed. When you've just been attacked and you're afraid you're going to be killed you scream, run, call for help, etc.....you don't go help your "attacker". It's ridiculous!
Exactly! It is also absurd to say that he asked for help going to the bathroom--anyone who had just been savagely stabbed 16 times is going to wet/soil themselves rather than ask for help doing their business in a more delicate way. He obviously got back in the car to search for his phone that she took from him and bled out. She left him to die. Its clear and it shows no regard for life. .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back