GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
While I don’t think EM should get away without any charges or prison time, I also think the Prosecution has been pretty weak for most of this trial. They didn’t seem to really prove any sort of motive, and didn’t focus much on disproving the Defense’s theory of events. To me it seemed like they spent too much time on “EM is a liar”, AW’s journals, and some other small details that I’m not sure really helped drive their argument home to the jury.

Did you watch the closing argument?

Even though most of us “know” the prosecution doesn’t have to prove or give motive, its natural to want a motive to be made clear.

I think it would have been effective for the prosecution to instead have spent a moment specifically affirming that they DO NOT have that burden, and more importantly that there could be several motives that combined to result in this act. Only she could ultimately know!

That might have at least taken the edge off of the jury’s desire to know motive.

I think the defense lost their mojo. Very underwhelming.

I know Nelson is the lead attorney, but I’ve never cared for his demeanor/affect. He has been somewhat...condescending? Not as much today but to witnesses earlier in the trial for sure.

Vishny, in my opinion, was much more effective. More authoritative. And she took the lead on a lot of the objections throughout the trial.

I think she would be doing better at the closing.

I know Nelson is the lead attorney, but I’ve never cared for his demeanor/affect. He has been somewhat...condescending? Not as much today but to witnesses earlier in the trial for sure.

Vishny, in my opinion, was much more effective. More authoritative. And she took the lead on a lot of the objections throughout the trial.

I think she would be doing better at the closing.

If I was Vishny, I'd be fuming. He's completely disorganized--jumping from one topic to the other and and shuffling papers because has no formal visual aid.

My opinion, I don’t think the defense is proving there was a fight inside the car. He says Ezra’s boots were muddy and that’s why there was mud on the ceiling but then says Alex’s boots had a little bit of mud (which would make more sense that the mud was from his boots instead).

Wow. How bad of an idea is it to have “Gist” as your key word explaining why you stabbed someone 16 times!?

“The gist of it is, she said she was scared.”

I’m sorry, fresh off of Halloween being “scared” isn’t going to justify stabbing someone to death.

Nelson just had a MAJOR mess up!

He makes this big point about how can the prosecution’s theory about how she stabbed AW first and then cut her arm be true since her blood wasn’t found on the knife?

BUT SHE SAID THAT IS THE ORDER IN WHICH IT HAPPENED!!!!???

The defense is going hard at trying to raise doubt.

Will the jury buy it???

It's not doing anything for me, but I haven't been in that jury box. If I was I would be drifting during this presentation, it is too disjointed. What I do believe is the final state argument is what the jury leaves with, and they are already ahead, imo. And speaking of that, this guy sounded whiny about that earlier in his argument. As he knows, the state gets that because they have the burden of proof. moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HNDere
Back