GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ezra's gonna be in a panic during the rebuttal.

Think the jury will deliberate tonight? If they don't want to start today/tonight, will they be allowed to go home and come back Monday or will they still have to do it tomorrow?

I think he told them to pack a bag, or maybe I'm thinking about a different trial.

I feel like something happened yesterday. Clearly they didn't read the jury instructions thoroughly and then this bomb of a closing.
This close for the defense is pretty bad. Up until this they were better, but the states close is definitely stronger by wide margin. It’s really difficult to guess which way this will go. I still think probable cause is the sticking point because it’s all the evidence, not just a good closing argument. BUT it was a great closing argument from the state.

I don't think the filming of a juror would result in a mistrial.
Earlier this year, I attended the Jonchuck trial in FL. There was a concern by the judge about local media possibly violating rules regarding photography. The specifics were not completely explained, but here are some comments by media, including "Most local media outlets agree not to show jurors. That’s a courtesy, not an obligation -- the courtroom is public."

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/fl-phoebe-jonchuck-5-dropped-from-60-bridge-st-petersburg-8-jan-2015.267794/page-13
The Trial of John Jonchuck Day 7: Watch prosecutors establish their case
Mar. 26, 2019
JOSH (2:15 p.m.)
Now everyone is back from lunch. Before Huff reclaims the witness stand and the jailhouse video of Jonchuck resumes, the judge apologized to the jury for her treatment of the photographer this morning. She said she hoped it didn’t make any of the jurors uncomfortable and that she hoped it wouldn’t happen again.

ZACK (12:28 p.m.)
Lunch break called. We’ll be back at 2 p.m. This is a longer break than usual because a witness needs to be deposed over lunch.
Helinger apologizes to the Bay News 9 cameraman saying she did not handle the issue well earlier. He accepts her apology.
“I lost my temper,” Helinger says. “And judges aren’t supposed to do that.”

JOSH AND CLAIRE (10:43 a.m.)
At this point, the judge has stopped the trial and called up the Bay News 9 cameraman to the stand.
“You have two seconds to stop it otherwise I’m not going to allow any cameras in this courtroom, understood?” Helinger can be heard admonishing the photographer.
Throughout jury selection, Helinger was very sensitive to any photographs or video of the jurors being published or aired. Most local media outlets agree not to show jurors. That’s a courtesy, not an obligation -- the courtroom is public.
We cannot hear both sides of the discussion, but Helinger, who is facing the gallery, can be heard telling the cameraman: “I don’t buy that.”
Helinger then directs her attention to courthouse spokesman Steve Thompson. “That’s three times,” she says. The judge seems to be counting the number of perceived transgressions by the journalists in the courtroom.
A few jurors are still standing. The judge grants them a 15-minute recess. Helinger sounds peeved, pinching the bridge of her nose.
Afterwards, Thompson explained that while getting a tight shot of the prosecutor, the cameraman caught the prosecutor’s laptop, which was depicting privileged information on it.
[...]

The first stab wound in his temple was 1 inch deep. That would take a lot of force. IMO that's rage.

I'm so glad the prosecution stepped up today!!!

I liked the point made by one of the CourtTV commentators who said that the human skull is incredibly thick and tough, that you practically need a drill to get thru it. This again raises the idea of whether someone else did the first stab wound to Alex's skull, which apparently went an inch deep. I still feel Jason might have been involved somehow, he had military training, he gave her a military knife, etc. I don't think it's all that common for people to be stabbed thru their skull, it just takes too much force. Easier to stab the soft tissues - stomach, heart, lungs. I feel there's a lot more to this case that will never be known. I believe she is guilty (not self defense), and probably knows more that she's not saying.

I liked the point made by one of the CourtTV commentators who said that the human skull is incredibly thick and tough, that you practically need a drill to get thru it. This again raises the idea of whether someone else did the first stab wound to Alex's skull, which apparently went an inch deep. I still feel Jason might have been involved somehow, he had military training, he gave her a military knife, etc. I don't think it's all that common for people to be stabbed thru their skull, it just takes too much force. Easier to stab the soft tissues - stomach, heart, lungs. I feel there's a lot more to this case that will never be known. I believe she is guilty (not self defense), and probably knows more that she's not saying.

There's absolutely no evidence to support this though.

Why has he accused the prosecution of so many things they haven't done??

Making fun of her gender
*advertiser censored* shaming
Criticizing her demeanor

They have done none of this! What trial has he been participating in?
Probably because he was/is woefully unprepared. He’s attacking the prosecution when he should be attacking their sequence of events. When you start slinging mud instead of evidence you’ve lost IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back