GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They will not be sequestered after all. CourtTV cut to a break just as the judge was about to say what would happen if they decide they want to go home and go to bed tonight, so.....I don't know if that means they would resume Monday or tomorrow. I hate when juries get the case late on a Friday.

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaCourtTV 4m4 minutes ago
Judge is about to pass the case to the jury. If they don’t reach a verdict today, they come back tomorrow (Saturday) to continue. They will not be sequestered. #McCandlessTrial #EzraMcCandless

EIUayRRWsAMhDEq.jpg

EIUayRVXkAAypCw.jpg

EIUaySMXkAAmYfn.jpg

EIUaySTWwAEKgxj.jpg

OK, they will come back tomorrow if they decide they are too tired for tonight. They have the case though. They will most likely order dinner for them.

Ok, so what are the predictions? I think it will be a fairly quick verdict. No more than 8 hours of deliberating UNLESS there is that ONE holdout. And if its a holdout, i'm betting its going to be because of the 'trans' situation and the confusion on that. I think the defense played it off to make her look like a helpless female but i don't think she truly is. I think she is the aggressive one/dominant one, in her sexual relationships. all IMO/JMO and ps. i don't buy her story at all.

I'm really not sure how long it will take. But I don't think the trans thing will come into play since she wasn't really trans. I mean, not anymore anyway. They never really got into just "trans" she was so that's still a mystery. I think it may have just been something she was trying out to see how it fit because she wanted to be "woke." But we don't know since it was not a central part of the case, nor should it have been. She may have had a better defense if she claimed Alex had a problem with it and attacked her because of it.

I don't think the filming of a juror would result in a mistrial.
Earlier this year, I attended the Jonchuck trial in FL. There was a concern by the judge about local media possibly violating rules regarding photography. The specifics were not completely explained, but here are some comments by media, including "Most local media outlets agree not to show jurors. That’s a courtesy, not an obligation -- the courtroom is public."

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/fl-phoebe-jonchuck-5-dropped-from-60-bridge-st-petersburg-8-jan-2015.267794/page-13
The Trial of John Jonchuck Day 7: Watch prosecutors establish their case
Mar. 26, 2019
JOSH (2:15 p.m.)
Now everyone is back from lunch. Before Huff reclaims the witness stand and the jailhouse video of Jonchuck resumes, the judge apologized to the jury for her treatment of the photographer this morning. She said she hoped it didn’t make any of the jurors uncomfortable and that she hoped it wouldn’t happen again.

ZACK (12:28 p.m.)
Lunch break called. We’ll be back at 2 p.m. This is a longer break than usual because a witness needs to be deposed over lunch.
Helinger apologizes to the Bay News 9 cameraman saying she did not handle the issue well earlier. He accepts her apology.
“I lost my temper,” Helinger says. “And judges aren’t supposed to do that.”

JOSH AND CLAIRE (10:43 a.m.)
At this point, the judge has stopped the trial and called up the Bay News 9 cameraman to the stand.
“You have two seconds to stop it otherwise I’m not going to allow any cameras in this courtroom, understood?” Helinger can be heard admonishing the photographer.
Throughout jury selection, Helinger was very sensitive to any photographs or video of the jurors being published or aired. Most local media outlets agree not to show jurors. That’s a courtesy, not an obligation -- the courtroom is public.
We cannot hear both sides of the discussion, but Helinger, who is facing the gallery, can be heard telling the cameraman: “I don’t buy that.”
Helinger then directs her attention to courthouse spokesman Steve Thompson. “That’s three times,” she says. The judge seems to be counting the number of perceived transgressions by the journalists in the courtroom.
A few jurors are still standing. The judge grants them a 15-minute recess. Helinger sounds peeved, pinching the bridge of her nose.
Afterwards, Thompson explained that while getting a tight shot of the prosecutor, the cameraman caught the prosecutor’s laptop, which was depicting privileged information on it.
[...]
Thank you for clarifying this. I don’t want it to become a mistrial in this case!

I'm really not sure how long it will take. But I don't think the trans thing will come into play since she wasn't really trans. I mean, not anymore anyway. They never really got into just "trans" she was so that's still a mystery. I think it may have just been something she was trying out to see how it fit because she wanted to be "woke." But we don't know since it was not a central part of the case, nor should it have been. She may have had a better defense if she claimed Alex had a problem with it and attacked her because of it.

Except for the fact that she carved 'boy' into her arm. And i thought it was said Alex wanted her to BE a boy.....so she played that role in the relationship with him. He called her "HIS boy' I truly have to rewatch because i didn't pay a ton of attention to some of it.

Except for the fact that she carved 'boy' into her arm. And i thought it was said Alex wanted her to BE a boy.....so she played that role in the relationship with him. He called her "HIS boy' I truly have to rewatch because i didn't pay a ton of attention to some of it.

I really don't know what to believe! Maybe her original plan was to make it look like the murder had something to do with her sexual identity, but she had to deviate from that plan when it was obvious she carved the word on her arm. I think she was in complete panic mode after the murder because it went so far off course.

I don't even know if I believe he called her "his boy." Did Alex ever have a relationship with a trans person before? With a man?

I really don't know what to believe!
I don't even know if I believe he called her "his boy." Did Alex ever have a relationship with a trans person before? With a man?
RSBM I agree that it appears we have only her word on the nature of the relationship. She seems to be someone who makes it up as she goes along, and I really didn't put any stock in her flat, self-serving testimony.
ETA, I meant to also say I was thinking exactly what you posted.

The issue of gender identity never became a central issue in this trial, imo.

There was no persecution because of her gender identification, she never even brought that up much outside of a few comments about how AW’s use of the word “boy” had become possessive.

The use of the word boy was never derogatory.

In fact, it’s pretty clear the defense completely overdid the gender thing, as no one seemed to notice or care much how EM identified.

Questions from the Jury: Request for exhibits (331, 3, 6, 174, 633, 634, 174b, 668, 673, 662-667, 308, 311, 312, 314, 316-327......) Most are photos per judge except 3 (autopsy report) and 500 (necklace & bracelet). Defense does not object to those.

Questions from the Jury: Request for exhibits (331, 3, 6, 174, 633, 634, 174b, 668, 673, 662-667, 308, 311, 312, 314, 316-327......) Most are photos per judge except 3 (autopsy report) and 500 (necklace & bracelet). Defense does not object to those.

The next time I watch a trial I'm going to take notes so I know what the exhibits are by number. Think CourtTV has this info?

I wonder if they will release images to the public after the verdict.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back