GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
People who stab multiple others in self defense announce that to LE rather than pretend they are clueless "I hear somebody got stabbed . . . and I fit the description?"

JMO MOO

After having watched some of the video I think the teens were drunk and unruly, taunting the man they perceived to be a perv, boys showing off for girls. That said, the adult in the situation is the one who escalated the confrontation waaaay beyond what was necessary even if he did feel threatened and a need to defend himself. Punching a girl? stabbing FIVE people?

Ruiz-Leyva told police that Schuman's group surrounded Miu as a blonde woman in a black swimsuit told Miu to leave.

"Nic went up and pushed her," Ruiz-Leyva said in interview transcripts read aloud Friday. Ruiz-Leyva said he didn't recall much of the incident after that, but said Miu and others sat in silence. When they asked what happened, Miu told them: "They had taken the knife away."

"We didn't talk about anything else," Ruiz-Leyva said, adding that Miu donned the hat, jacket and sunglasses he wore before entering the river. "[Miu] looked pale when he got to us. His eyes wide open — he just sat there and didn't talk anymore."
Testimony: Nicolae Miu appeared shocked, scared after Apple River stabbing

he knew he had done something wrong, tried to change his appearance immediately after. If he were attacked, while his own party was allegedly attempting to try to assist, he himself would have been telling everyone he could that they had attacked him and he was defending himself. He didn't. He slunk off like a coward. JMO MOO

I haven’t watched the full video, but have seen the clips of the teens pushing Miu into the water. If someone did that to me, I can imagine panicking and lashing out. I do have panic attacks when I feel closed in, and claustrophobia. I wonder if Miu had a history of anxiety or panic disorder? Miu was way outnumbered and I would have been petrified in his place. No knife though, so I couldn’t have hurt anyone. IMO.

Last edited:
I'm so jealous that you guys in America get criminal trials televised. In order to watch the big criminal trial in the UK going on at the moment I had to physically drag myself over to the courtroom in person without my phone or vape for a whole day and sit in the very uncomfortable seats in the public gallery of court number 5 at the Old Bailey!

I hope you guys never take the transparency your criminal justice system has for granted!

I'm so jealous that you guys in America get criminal trials televised. In order to watch the big criminal trial in the UK going on at the moment I had to physically drag myself over to the courtroom in person without my phone or vape for a whole day and sit in the very uncomfortable seats in the public gallery of court number 5 at the Old Bailey!

I hope you guys never take the transparency your criminal justice system has for granted!
More and more judges recognize there is an interest in trials nowadays and how the law works. More trials (especially high profile cases) are being live streamed. People like the transparency, moo.

More and more judges recognize there is an interest in trials nowadays and how the law works. More trials (especially high profile cases) are being live streamed. People like the transparency, moo.
It's weird that in the UK it's like a reverse of the US. You guys get regular state criminal trials televised but not supreme court hearings. Whereas we don't get criminal trials televised but supreme court trials are. Although our supreme court trials are usually very boring and not as impactful as yours.

I so wish trials here were televised, it would be better drama than Downton Abbey! The lawyers still wear wigs and robes and refer to each other as "my learned friend."

Are the state really subjecting the jury to DNA expert testimony this late on a Friday after they've spent all day trying to pay attention to 4 eyewitnesses testifying through interpreters in Spanish?
Haven't been watching today. Watched a sentencing for another case today. Will try to catch up this weekend.

It's weird that in the UK it's like a reverse of the US. You guys get regular state criminal trials televised but not supreme court hearings. Whereas we don't get criminal trials televised but supreme court trials are. Although our supreme court trials are usually very boring and not as impactful as yours.

I so wish trials here were televised, it would be better drama than Downton Abbey! The lawyers still wear wigs and robes and refer to each other as "my learned friend."
Delphi, IN (murders) Supreme Court televised arguments a few months ago.

I've viewed the videos as well, and afaik; recollections may vary.

I didn't use the word 'gutting'.
Although you may have interpreted my description that way ?

My .02 is that NM could have stood up and walked away from all of them.
Omo.
AJ testified he pushed NM down back into the water in an attempt to keep him down in the water. He downplayed and said NM would have been able to keep his head above water. MOO

I used to have some Eastern Europeans who lived a few houses down from me. They emigrated from their country during a political situation. Their mannerisms were very much like NMs. I think maybe NM seeming "weird" might have been a cultural difference.

I think that has a lot to do with his response as well. We don't know what exactly he went through prior to coming to the United States. Personally, I think that the "party boys" messed with the wrong dude.

Those kids are lucky only one was killed.

We can say, that the old guy should have just walked away. Well, the party guys could have just continued their party and left the guy alone.

The annoying part though, is that not all trials are televised. "They" pick and choose.

Although, I was riveted to the OJ Simpson trial, and also Casey Anthony. I watched almost every day, and I was surprised by the outcome of both.

I think that has a lot to do with his response as well. We don't know what exactly he went through prior to coming to the United States. Personally, I think that the "party boys" messed with the wrong dude.

Those kids are lucky only one was killed.

We can say, that the old guy should have just walked away. Well, the party guys could have just continued their party and left the guy alone.
Admittedly I'm curious how this will conclude.

Did you catch that the witnesses for the defence were all accused of violating the basic rules of NOT listening to the proceedings? They were watching the livestream in the hallway of the courtroom today! (This was not made known to the jury.)

Everyone's testimony seems so off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back