GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From Fox 9 YT Mod

Jury has two people in their 20s, 1 in 30s, 3 in 40s, 3 in 50s, 1 in 60s, 3 in 70s, and 1 in 90s

JURY MAKE-UP: 8 men, 6 women.

That sounds like a hung jury to me already

From my previous post...
Jawahn Cockfield...is who took the cell phone video if anyone wants to go watch his testimony.

Unless I missed it, they've all been legally drunk except one. The guy who died, Isaac, was more than twice the legal limit. He had the highest BAH of the group to this point
From the videos that I've seen, it appears that all involved had been drinking significantly that day. (With the exception of the ex-wife who testified she had been drinking water.) Regardless, no one deserves to die for their decision to consume alcohol.

Isaac appeared to be trying to come to the defense of his group, trying to get the man (also glassy-eyed) to leave. amoo

This is why the concept of a jury is so interesting.. I didn't watch it (I listened only) and though she sounded irritated at some of the monotonous repetitive questions, I didn't find her to be incredulous. What didn't you believe?

I'm glad she at least said she saw things from a distance. If she saw it, why didn't anyone from her group (at least 5 others depicted in their photo) hear the pleas for help/ intervene in the moments before this became a mob scene?
I found her attitude to be incredulous. Her testimony reflects only concern for herself, not even really her ex who is on trial for multiple murders. I've never heard a witness tell the state, "I'm not going to sit hear and read transcripts of what I said previously."... moo

I had a weird day today.
I needed canned tomatoes, so I was at the grocery store in the tomato aisle and a woman was standing in the way with her cart. I couldn't find my favorite brand!
So I just grabbed her arm and started moving her and the cart along so I could get what I want.
Who knows why, but she starts yelling at me not to touch her and to go away?
I didn't like what she said, and she was "in my face", so instead of leaving I struck her in the face. I had to get my tomatoes!
Weirdly enough, other shoppers had now stopped and were watching us. Some came into my aisle and told me to get away from her.
I didn't like what they were saying, either. So instead of leaving I started stabbing the closest shopper within my reach.
Weirdly enough, other shoppers tried to stop me from stabbing people, why?
I didn't like how they tried to restrain me, so I just kept stabbing anyone within reach until there was so much carnage the shoppers became distracted. Then I left, walking away in the direction the shoppers had told me to go in the first place.
I didn't talk to anyone, because I felt I didn't need to answer for my behavior. Even though I could have asked "Have you seen X brand tomatoes? No? Ok, thanks".

Some of these witnesses are painful if not all of them. People were drinking, they said and did things that they shouldn't, emotions were out of control, everyone's situational and visual perspective was different. This is a good conversation piece to have with your kids. If things start to go sideways...walk away...call 911...call your parents...don't engage.

Pondering on NM having brought a knife for supposed purposes of rafting and other outdoor use.

If the defendant then grabbed his knife and then opened and drew it and used it for another use (whether illicit or not) premeditation can be formed in an instant I believe.

Perhaps one of our legal contributors could assist with that aspect. MOO

Pondering on NM having brought a knife for supposed purposes of rafting and other outdoor use.

If the defendant then grabbed his knife and then opened and drew it and used it for another use (whether illicit or not) premeditation can be formed in an instant I believe.

Some of us almost always carry a pocket knife. It’s been my habit for 40 or so years. I couldn’t even guess how many I’ve donated to tsa because I didn’t have time to go back to my car or I was dropped off at the airport. I’m a slow learner.

A use on the water would be to cut lost lures from tangles of lines to take home.

Some of us almost always carry a pocket knife. It’s been my habit for 40 or so years. I couldn’t even guess how many I’ve donated to tsa because I didn’t have time to go back to my car or I was dropped off at the airport. I’m a slow learner.

A use on the water would be to cut lost lures from tangles of lines to take home.
That makes sense. I'm assuming you don't draw the knife out or open it until you need to use it.
Nobody needs to draw a knife and keep the blade out when looking for a cell phone. Or talking to two women.

For the record, nobody has the right to touch you without consent. You have a right to tell someone "no" or to "get away" from you. It is ok to have "attitude" when saying "no". Especially when the attacker ignores your communication and refuses to leave. You do not deserve lethal wounds because you told someone to leave you alone. The attacker is the one responsible for his response.

Seems like self-defense is inherently premeditated.

Some of these witnesses are painful if not all of them. People were drinking, they said and did things that they shouldn't, emotions were out of control, everyone's situational and visual perspective was different. This is a good conversation piece to have with your kids. If things start to go sideways...walk away...call 911...call your parents...don't engage.
I totally agree. If you accidentally get lost and use someone's driveway to turn around, you could get shot. Or if you ring the wrong doorbell you could get shot through the door. There are too many paranoid people who own weapons, and then use the excuse of being afraid when they murder an innocent person (or they feel comfortable lying to police about the circumstances, which blows my mind).
I wouldn't let my daughter go door to door selling cookies for this very reason.

I had a weird day today.
I needed canned tomatoes, so I was at the grocery store in the tomato aisle and a woman was standing in the way with her cart. I couldn't find my favorite brand!
So I just grabbed her arm and started moving her and the cart along so I could get what I want.
Who knows why, but she starts yelling at me not to touch her and to go away?
I didn't like what she said, and she was "in my face", so instead of leaving I struck her in the face. I had to get my tomatoes!
Weirdly enough, other shoppers had now stopped and were watching us. Some came into my aisle and told me to get away from her.
I didn't like what they were saying, either. So instead of leaving I started stabbing the closest shopper within my reach.
Weirdly enough, other shoppers tried to stop me from stabbing people, why?
I didn't like how they tried to restrain me, so I just kept stabbing anyone within reach until there was so much carnage the shoppers became distracted. Then I left, walking away in the direction the shoppers had told me to go in the first place.
I didn't talk to anyone, because I felt I didn't need to answer for my behavior. Even though I could have asked "Have you seen X brand tomatoes? No? Ok, thanks".
Not going to lie, you had me... up until " I started stabbing the closest shopper" lol.. Needed a good laugh. Thank you!

Why is the defence at that table? Defendant is soo close to jury.
I have never seen the lawyers laid out like this.
It's definitely strange and also that they don't have a table in front of him. I figured at least the table part must be a defense strategy, but I'm not sure what that would be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back