GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If I heard correctly, and someone please correct me if I didn't, NM stabbed AJ with the blade pointing up and then ripped upward. The scar looks like like NM made it not too terribly far from his heart, too. AJ had emergency surgery, was in the hospital for over a month, and has had to have follow-up surgeries. AMOO

I don't know how this will turn out, but it's tragic. I'm sure countless lives were forever changed that day.

Does the ex-wife say why she divorced him? TIA

I see fear. From what I've seen so far, if I was in his situation and had his same background and health condition, I'd be stabbing too. Also, not knowing that there was video to prove I was attacked, I might lie to the police too.
I missed his health condition(s).

Thank you for sharing— I wonder what the motive for all the false information is?
OK, I listened again. This is what he said:

He had an interview with the police 26 days ago. Told LE his memory was like it happened yesterday. He said:
Miu came out of the bushes, had a camera and was taking pictures of little girls. He walked into the water fully clothed and was wearing a hat, pants and a jacket

I checked WI court records and there is no divorce listed for he and his wife. Plus, a request was made that she be allowed in the courtroom despite the sequestration order. I'm assuming this was requested by the defense - the judge didn't specify. Could be a defense ploy and she is assisting, or maybe they reconciled.
They live in MN - so divorce records would be in MN.

Brand new to this case, just caught the video on CourtTV and self defense is top of my list right now. Gang/mob mentality, those boys pushed it to a fight. I'd have been scared at that point. He was overpowered and outnumbered. The way these 'teens' are out just 'jumping' people for video content etc, and we see it on the news all the time now, It has def. changed the way i would react in that situation.
If the boys "forced Miu to become physically violent", why did he strike the young woman?
Because she also told Miu to leave them alone and go away, and Miu didn't like that.

To be clear, at this point in the video Miu is not surrounded. Empty water can be seen behind him as he faces the two women.

Miu becomes surrounded by people AFTER he struck the first woman.

Wow.
This is a lot to take in.
Lol, you are probably not alone in thinking that. I feel like I find myself on the defense side much more often than most people here. Off the top of my head, Rittenhouse, Mathew Moore, movie theater shooting (popcorn guy) trial and probably a few more I'm not remembering right now. Not sure why, though.

I still reserve my right to flip to guilty on this one, though :)

From yesterday's trial:
https://twitter.com/cathyrusson
@cathyrusson

State wants to call #NicolaeMiu's wife. Defense is asserting spousal privilege. State says Miu made comments when he got back to his group that she heard and since the statements were made in public where others could potentially hear, it's not a private spouse conversation. Judge will take up the argument after lunch at 12:50pm CT/1:50pm ET.

Defendant and his wife's divorce was final a couple of weeks ago. However, when the conversation happened that the state wants to introduce through her, they were married.

Sandra Miu now on the stand. Jury not present.

1712239533954.png

When Sandra testified in front of the jury the state didn't ask her about the jailhouse calls that they asked about during voir dire.

Saw testimony in which the ex-wife didn't see or hear and can't remember anything, but clearly recalls that he had 2 beers. (Odd that that's almost exclusively what she recalls of the entire day. moo)
Miu had a quadruple bypass two years before the knifing incident.
His wife said as he recovered, Miu could still resume normal activities but was a little slower doing so at the time.
His wife also said Miu was drinking beer the day he stabbed everyone.
Was Miu allowed to have alcohol at all? Most people with heart problems are on a litany of medications, especially after a bypass. Many of those meds are incompatible with alcohol.

The witness (Janelle?) just now described how menacing Miu looked, without him speaking.
It makes sense that she was terrified of getting stabbed, too, as she had to turn her back on Miu when helping a victim get away from him. How terrifying.

Lol, you are probably not alone in thinking that. I feel like I find myself on the defense side much more often than most people here. Off the top of my head, Rittenhouse, Mathew Moore, movie theater shooting (popcorn guy) trial and probably a few more I'm not remembering right now. Not sure why, though.

On the fence, but not Rittenhouse for me. Others ok. This one is very hard. Shouldn't have used knife. Shouldn't have taunted him. Both bad actions.

I meant the entitlement to lie to the police and not expect repercussions.

I meant the entitlement to lie to the police and not expect repercussions.
I've just caught up on yesterday, and I'm in utter disbelief at the testimony guy who filmed the other video.

Let me get this straight, one month before a trial for a homicide that had happened a year and a half ago he created new discovery for the defence by lying to police that he saw NM emerge from some bushes trying to film little girls?

Why on earth did he do that?!

If the boys "forced Miu to become physically violent", why did he strike the young woman?
Because she also told Miu to leave them alone and go away, and Miu didn't like that.

To be clear, at this point in the video Miu is not surrounded. Empty water can be seen behind him as he faces the two women.

Miu becomes surrounded by people AFTER he struck the first woman.
The quote 'forced Miu to become physically violent' isn't mine... however if you are pointing out Madison, SHE got in his space first, and even the other female said she pushed him and might have been the first to 'touch' him. I don't believe he 'punched' her. I think she was drunk and mouthy... still NO reason for what he did and i do NOT condone it. BUT I'm in my 50s and had those 'teens and twentysomethings' come at me drunk, high and as aggressive as they were, I probably would respond similarly. I wouldn't have 10-20 years ago, i'd have walked away, probably. But in TODAY"S world we see that age group attacking, yes attacking, innocent people all the time. Not backing down and walking away. And some DID follow him. The attitude was out of control. He had a knife (pocketknife) and reacted. He was an idiot for lying and running and not owning up, and i do think he will not get off completely. But until you are physically in fear from that mob mentality, i don't think you can truly judge what you would do in response. There have been many innocent bystanders injured/killed out of the blue because of this mentality now....

I may change my mind just like Gardenista..... trial isn't over yet. But I've seen a lot of lying going on from the victims.... and that video doesn't help their case IMO. Lets also talk about the 17 yr old that had a .2 BAC. Who was he with that allowed him to get that wasted? Personal responsibility is still a thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back