GUILTY WI - Babysitter charged with homicide in baby's death, says she's 'a great mom', Wausau, 4 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Wausau baby sitter to be charged with homicide in baby's death, says she's 'a great mom'

A pregnant Wisconsin babysitter and mother of five who is accused of killing a 2-month-old boy has been charged with first-degree intentional homicide.

Marissa Tietsort, 28, of Wausau is said to have caused the infant's death in October, then put him in a snowsuit and car seat and let his mother pick him up without telling her the child was dead, according to a criminal complaint filed on Friday.
upload_2019-1-5_4-41-17.jpeg
Authorities found the mother trying to revive the boy at a laundromat, but he had died hours earlier of blunt force head injuries.

Tietsort, who is now pregnant with her sixth child, also faces a felony child abuse charge involving an 11-month-old girl who was in her care that was injured in August.

Records also show she has had her own children removed from her home for alleged child abuse, and that officials were unaware she had given birth to a fifth child or that she was pregnant with a sixth child.

upload_2019-1-5_4-42-17.jpegupload_2019-1-5_4-42-27.jpeg

Wausau Police Department

Wisconsin baby sitter charged with homicide in death of two-month-old boy | Daily Mail Online

Report: Wausau sitter dressed dead infant, gave him back to his mother, went swimming

Babysitter accused of killing infant suspected in 2 other child abuse cases

Wisconsin babysitter allegedly killed infant, pretended he was alive to deceive mother

Wausau baby sitter charged with murder in baby's death

Wisconsin babysitter allegedly killed infant, pretended he was alive to deceive mother

“Two hours later, Tietsort texted the mom and told her about a local media report concerning the earlier child abuse case. Tietsort told the mother not to mention that she was watching the two boys, because she was not supposed to have contact with children.
THREE hours after that, the mother went to pick up her sons at Tietsort’s house, where she found the two-month-old dressed in a snowsuit with a hat pulled down over his eyes. “

Red flag!

When the victim’s mother came to pick up her sons later, the infant was in his car seat with a hat pulled down over his eyes. The mother told police she thought he was sleeping, the complaint said.

The boy’s mother later realized her son was not breathing, cold and stiff. Officers arrived to find the boy had “ashen skin tone, his jaw was clenched and his lips were blue.”

Tietsort told police she didn’t kill the baby, but knew he was dead, the complaint said. When her boyfriend got home that evening, they went to McDonald’s and she brought the dead baby with them, according to the complaint.

After she gave the boy back to his mother, Tietsort, her boyfriend and their son went swimming at a local hotel, the complaint said.

It is really interesting to talk to women like this, they truly believe that they are great Mothers. And they keep having babies. There is a huge disconnect in their brain. Eye roll. Even Diane Downs, who shot her own children, was pregnant during her trial, acted like she was a Madonna. They give birth, and no longer want to deal with an actual baby.

We do not allow puppy mills. It is so sad that parents that have had children removed get to create more.

I just can’t...

Timeline: Sitter accused of hiding baby's death had history of child abuse charges

[...]

Here's a timeline of what is known about Tietsort's history, according to court records:

June 22, 2010: Tietsort's boyfriend and father of her children filed a child abuse injunction and temporary restraining order against her alleging she was using drugs and abusing one of their sons, who was around a year old at the time.

Her boyfriend accused Tietsort of leaving their son in a hot car on June 4, according to the petition for the orders filed in Marathon County Circuit Court. The man stopped home during a break from work and found his son sitting in the car. When he tried to bring the child in to cool down, he said, Tietsort would not let them into the house. The child was "red in (the) face and sweaty." Tietsort slapped him in the face while their child was present.

Then, about a week later, Tietsort had left the house with their child in the middle of a rainstorm to go to a party, the man said. He was able to come get his child but said Tietsort wouldn't give him the boy's formula or food stamps.

June 30, 2010: A judge granted the temporary restraining order and child abuse injunction. The restraining order was in effect through Jan. 1, 2011. As a condition of the child abuse injunction, Tietsort was not allowed to possess a firearm, according to court records.

Court records do not show any criminal abuse charges filed against Tietsort in this case.

Nov. 25, 2013: Tietsort was charged in Oneida County with possession of drug paraphernalia. She would later plead no contest and be found guilty.

Jan. 1, 2014: Tietsort was charged in Langlade County with receiving/concealing stolen property worth at least $2,500 and bail jumping. She would later plead no contest and be found guilty of the stolen property charge.

July 28, 2014: Tietsort was charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession of an illegally obtained prescription and bail jumping in Langlade County. The possession of a controlled substance charge was dismissed and she was found guilty by a no contest plea of the other charges.

Aug. 1, 2014: Langlade County charged Tietsort with operating a motor vehicle without a valid license. She later pleaded guilty.

Sept. 24, 2014: Tietsort was charged with resisting a police officer and two counts of bail jumping in Langlade County. One of the bail jumping charges was dismissed and she was found guilty after pleading no contest to the other two charges.

Nov. 13, 2014: Tietsort was charged with obstructing an officer in Shawano County and later pleaded no contest and was found guilty.

Dec. 1, 2014: In Langlade County, Tietsort was charged with bail jumping. She pleaded no contest and was found guilty.

Aug. 28, 2015: Tietsort was charged with retail theft in the city of Antigo in Langlade County. She was found guilty by a no contest plea.

June 8, 2017: Parents of a 3-month-old boy told Wausau Police their child had been injured while Tietsort was baby-sitting him and his sister. The baby was taken to the emergency room with facial bruising and a fractured skull. Tietsort told police the infant's older sister tried to take the bottle away from Tietsort while she fed him and the bottle struck the infant, which caused the injury. Police found the baby's injuries were inconsistent with Tietsort's story, although she was never charged.

Wausau Police Det. Ben Graham said Monday there was not enough probable cause to file charges in that case. He said it can be difficult for investigators "to piece together the puzzle pieces" in cases where infants are injured because the children can't communicate what happened to them.

Aug. 2, 2018: Parents of an 11-month-old girl went to Wausau police after their daughter was injured while the child was at Tietsort's home at the Woodland Chalet Apartments on 3633 N. Sixth St. in Wausau. The girl had injuries to her face. Tietsort told the parents and police the girl rolled off the couch and onto the floor while she was napping. Doctors said the girl's injuries were not consistent with a fall from the couch, but could not say for certain what caused them. The girl's father told police it looked like his daughter's face was "dragged across the floor."

Oct. 11, 2018: The Marathon District Attorney's Office filed child abuse charges against Tietsort stemming from the August incident involving the 11-month-old girl. She was summoned to appear in Marathon County Court.

Oct. 18, 2018: Wausau Police received a call around 9:45 p.m. that a 2-month-old boy was unresponsive at a laundromat on West Third Street. The baby was dead when officers arrived on the scene and officers observed he "had an ashen skin tone, his jaw was clenched and his lips were blue," according to a criminal complaint filed by the Marathon County District Attorney's Office.

The baby's mother told police she had dropped off her infant and his older brother at Tietsort's Wausau home earlier that day between 3:30 and 4 p.m. About two hours later, Tietsort texted the mother and told her there was a story about herself on a local news outlet's website saying she had been charged with child abuse. Tietsort told the mother she was not allowed to be in contact with children and not to tell anyone she was watching her two sons. The mother came and picked up her sons about three hours later.

[...]

There is just too much here to even digest. It's unbelievable to me. So many chances to prevent this.
I wonder if she texted the mother about her child abuse charges before or after she killed her baby?
I'm guessing it was before... so if someone had immediately responded and rushed to pick up the boys, maybe....
Ugh. Horrible.

Did a search for reporters covering it and this appears to be the most thorough and where other MSM are getting their info from.

However, also gotta check out the link in the comments. Just wow.

Natalie Brophy on Twitter

I don't think I've ever HEARD of a baby with a broken tailbone. I mean that is unbelievable. It's not an easy bone to break because of it's location. You have to hit it just right. I've broken mine 3 times and also displaced it. It took a few hundred pounds of pressure to do it. I can't even imagine what she did to him.

I don't normally think people are just downright evil... but I'm seeing no redeeming qualities in this creature. She is smirking constantly. You abused multiple babies and killed somebone's baby boy, you could try and pretend to look upset! I guess she isn't upset about losing her own children either.

Just wow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonecold
Back