GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
These are pretty substantial looking people. Meaning....I think it would be difficult to take them down and then transport the bodies somewhere. Jmo
It would have had to have been done by more than one person IMO, and the sons aren't big dudes from what I remember, probably under 160 pounds and pretty skinny - more of like a runner/swimmer type build as opposed to how Mom and Dad are built.

Authorities continue to search for Dane County couple reported missing

SBBM

The Halderson’s son, C. Halderson says he helped his parents pack up the night before their trip and hasn’t seen them since. “They told me Thursday that they’d be going up to the cabin for the weekend with their friends,” Halderson said. [ snip] One of Halderson’s biggest concerns: who his parents were with when they left. “They went with their friends, but I didn’t ask who their friends were, and I’m still not really sure,” Halderson said.

Really?:confused: I just can't even imagine helping someone pack for a trip yet we don't discuss the identity of the other couple who is also going on the trip. o_O Very, very strange. IMO
Something is rotten in Denmark, JMO o_O

These are pretty substantial looking people. Meaning....I think it would be difficult to take them down and then transport the bodies somewhere. Jmo

It would have had to have been done by more than one person IMO, and the sons aren't big dudes from what I remember, probably under 160 pounds and pretty skinny - more of like a runner/swimmer type build as opposed to how Mom and Dad are built.

I dunno. One person can make two people to do a whole lot of stuff if a weapon is involved, especially a gun. I'm thinking someone could force two people somewhere at gunpoint then leave bodies behind. MOO

I wonder what all the son helped his parents pack for their trip to do repairs and general maintenance on the cabin? I suppose the unknown friends could have provided all the tools though or there are tools at the ready in the cabin. I'd imagine while packing Bart and/or Krista would have been rattling off a to-do list of chores they would have had planned to tackle that weekend. Maybe one of the friends (or both) were handypeople or specialized in a particular field like roofing, sheetrock, carpentry, etc. That might help identify them. I hope LE is asking all the right questions to find out who went on this trip with the Haldersons.

I dunno. One person can make two people to do a whole lot of stuff if a weapon is involved, especially a gun. I'm thinking someone could force two people somewhere at gunpoint then leave bodies behind. MOO
I definitely could see this happening (think the Jayme Closs case), but I would have to think that in general, two larger people could and would likely physically fight back against someone with a gun that's roughly average height for an adult male that's on the smaller side weight wise. I would have to think that in this scenario, a victim would more likely not make it if they were ambushed and completely unaware of the fact that someone was around with a weapon or if their attacker came at them with their weapon under circumstances where there would not be time to fight back - ie. pulled their weapon mid conversation and charged/shot immediately.

This is very obviously just in general terms and not at all accusing anyone of having done this.

Detectives call disappearance of Windsor couple “suspicious,” couple’s son arrested
NEW
July 8, 2021 10:17 pm WKOWTOP STORIES

5Yqhukik-Missing-dane-county-couple-860x484.jpg

DANE COUNTY (WKOW) -- The Dane County Sheriff's Office says detectives believe the disappearance of Bart and Krista Halderson is suspicious and their son provided deputies with false information.

Chandler Halderson, 23, was arrested at 9:30 p.m. Thursday. He was booked into the Dane County Jail for providing false information on a missing person case.

----

Sheriff Kalvin Barrett is expected to provide more details about the case at a Friday news conference.

Detectives call disappearance of Windsor couple “suspicious,” couple’s son arrested
NEW

5Yqhukik-Missing-dane-county-couple-860x484.jpg

DANE COUNTY (WKOW) -- The Dane County Sheriff's Office says detectives believe the disappearance of Bart and Krista Halderson is suspicious and their son provided deputies with false information.

Chandler Halderson, 23, was arrested at 9:30 p.m. Thursday. He was booked into the Dane County Jail for providing false information on a missing person case.

----

Sheriff Kalvin Barrett is expected to provide more details about the case at a Friday news conference.
Why am I not surprised?

Also
Authorities continue to search for Dane County couple reported missing

SBBM

The Halderson’s son, C. Halderson says he helped his parents pack up the night before their trip and hasn’t seen them since. “They told me Thursday that they’d be going up to the cabin for the weekend with their friends,” Halderson said. [ snip] One of Halderson’s biggest concerns: who his parents were with when they left. “They went with their friends, but I didn’t ask who their friends were, and I’m still not really sure,” Halderson said.

Really?:confused: I just can't even imagine helping someone pack for a trip yet we don't discuss the identity of the other couple who is also going on the trip. o_O Very, very strange. IMO

Also, why is their adult son helping them pack? Does he live with them? Are they disabled? Did I miss something?

NEW

----

Son goes by Chaz, not his legal name of Chandler.

RSBBM
:eek: I just fell out of my chair. His story seemed so believable to me, especially the part about the imaginary, I mean...unknown friends. :rolleyes:
Seriously, dude needs to go ahead and spill the beans. He's not a very good liar. :confused: MOO

LE planning to brief later this morning. I don’t think I have anything particularly relevant to share other than what I’ve already posted because most of my friends know MH (older son) and not his brother. I do know that Bart and Krista are known both in Madison and Plymouth as kind and hardworking people, and Krista in particular volunteered a lot of her time to causes she cared about, like literacy and education.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back