GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUL 8, 2021
'We'll find them:' Son of missing Windsor couple says parents were going to lake cabin, but no sign of them (wkow.com)
Halderson said he received a text from his mother after his parents had apparently left on the trip.

"She got back to me on Sunday, said they made it safely," Halderson said.

Halderson said he contacted authorities after his parents did not return as planned Tuesday, and after a relative went to Hollister and did not find them. Halderson said authorities in Langlade County also checked the property, but found the cabin locked. "The sheriff said it looked like there wasn't anyone home," Halderson said.

MOD NOTE

Please know that we appreciate anyone who would like to share inside information about cases on the Websleuths, AND in our efforts to remain victim-friendly and fact- based, Websleuths MUST vet members who have knowledge that they want to post here. It is always great to gain some insight from folks who are close to cases, but it is problematic to allow them to share it without substantiation through our Verified Insider process. That is described HERE.

Please do not post inside info until approval as a VI, and please do not respond to inside info from someone who has not yet been approved as a VI.

THANK YOU ALL for your contributions to Websleuths and for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly according to the TOS we all agreed to when we joined.

Listen to the full conversation with the man arrested for lying to police about his missing parents' whereabouts

This transcription and audio of CH that Channel 3 just released is really interesting. A lot of new details here. Here are some important ones:
  • CH says his parents usually have bad cell service up north and turn their phones off because they don't want to pay for roaming, BUT his aunt went up to Langlade County to see if his parents were at the cabin and was able to call him from there.
  • CH says White Lake multiple times in the interview. In his interview with WKOW, CH says his parents were going to Sawyer Lake in the Town of Hollister. These communities are AT LEAST TEN MILES FROM EACH OTHER, depending on where they were going.
  • First CH says he last saw them on 7/1, then he claims they left 7/2, and THEN he claims he received a text from KH on 7/4.
  • CH talks over the reporter when he asks about who he claims KH and BH left with and goes into great detail about how he is a heavy sleeper and woke up at 6am to feed the dog.

I was suspicious when I saw CH had mentioned another couple, but was almost positive there was going to be an arrest and the outcome wouldn't be good the second I saw that he had changed his story slightly with different news anchors.

Locations matter, especially in rural northern Wisconsin and similar areas. It would be okay if he said "Madison" if he was referring to a close in suburb like Verona or Middleton, but White Lake and Hollister are two distinctly different areas and likely don't have a lot of crossover between residents in terms of like interacting from town to town. I grew up with a cabin in a similar Northwoods lake town and most of my "townie" friends' families had no idea who lived or had cabins the next town over (similar distance between the two towns CH mentioned) unless it was like a coworker or something. I would say "near Stevens Point" or "Waushara County" but would never explicitly say the name of a town that's equally small... that just tips the scales in favor of hinky to me.

Pretty sure this can be figured out by either sleuthing KH and BH or by CH's social media, so I'm going to leave it out here that CH is of slightly above average height and of a much thinner build than his father - if I had to take an educated guess based off tagged photos from mutual friends I would say 5'10", 150 or 160, whereas BH looks to weigh upwards of 200 pounds. Take that for what it is.

Also, DCSO has official booking info for CH and it says he is in "pre arraignment holding"
| Dane County Sheriff's Office

He had to have help.
I agree. There is absolutely no way this guy could lift a 200+ pound man and 160+ pound woman on his own especially out of a house or vehicle. My brother is the same age and height and maybe 10 pounds lighter than CH, and the most he weightlifts on a regular basis is maybe 40 pound dumbbells. I just can't logically see CH acting alone unless they were brought to an offsite location, BH/KH were able to move somewhat on their own without being lifted by CH, and left there.

Remains found :(

Sheriff said that the remains were found 7/8 in rural Dane County, community not mentioned after talking with friends, family, neighbors. They are as of now unidentifiable but ME is going through COVID-19 protocols.

IMO, this is BH and KH. It sounds like DCSO was led to that location DIRECTLY by people the Haldersons knew.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back