GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unidentifiable? In such a short time?
It's happened like this before - see the Mackenzie Lueck case. That suspect led investigators right to her remains but they were burned and unrecognizable, the only way they were able to solve pending the autopsy was personal items that belonged to Lueck in the same firepit.

Dane County Sheriff's Office
From the link:

As the investigation progressed and detectives interviewed friends, family and neighbors of the missing couple, information was provided which resulted in detectives finding human remains on a rural property in Dane County on Thursday, July 8th.

From the link:

As the investigation progressed and detectives interviewed friends, family and neighbors of the missing couple, information was provided which resulted in detectives finding human remains on a rural property in Dane County on Thursday, July 8th.
KH and BH's current residence (easily findable through public records) is not considered a "rural property." I would call it more of a modest sized house in a neighborhood in an outer ring suburb that has rural areas. IMO these remains were not found at the Halderson home, but I don't think I can find any other Dane County property connected to the family via public record that would fit the "rural" bill, the other one I saw listed as a possible previous address was within the Madison city limits.
Screen_Shot_2021-07-09_at_9.50.34_PM.png

Here is a rough approximation of where the Halderson residence is with regards to rural areas in Dane County nearby. Most of the green would be considered "rural Dane County" with Waunakee, DeForest and Sun Prairie being outer ring suburbs that are fairly separate from the city.

I took the Sheriff saying the bodies weren't identified yet not that they were unidentifiable. I think that headline is misleading. Hopefully.

DCSO presser from earlier.

At 25 seconds into that video, the Sheriff states, "An investigation progressed and detectives interviewed friends, family, and neighbors of the missing couple, which resulted in detectives finding unknown, or unidentifiable, remains at this time. A search warrant was obtained of the property..."

At 25 seconds into that video, the Sheriff states, "An investigation progressed and detectives interviewed friends, family, and neighbors of the missing couple, which resulted in detectives finding unknown, or unidentifiable, remains at this time. A search warrant was obtained of the property..."
The Sheriff saying "unidentifiable" instead of "unidentified" seems telling to me, as well as the DCSO spokeswoman reminding the public that CH is in custody when asked about a suspect.

As a local, I know Kalvin Barrett is a very smart guy and he is known to be careful with the words he says and how he chooses to phrase things. This is his first "big" MP/murder investigation leading an agency as he was only appointed in April and so far I am impressed with how it's being handled. I think they are being as transparent as possible without being able to definitively press a murder charge due to the autopsies not being complete.

So....did neighbors or family have an inkling what happened and where the bodies could be found? I find that strange.

So....did neighbors or family have an inkling what happened and where the bodies could be found? I find that strange.
BBM. IMO If you sleuth a bit more you’ll see that some of the extended family are very active Facebook users and things are definitely being talked about and commented on.
I personally think they knew an arrest was imminent based off of the facts that the aunt went up to Langlade and didn’t find them and the specific location DCSO was led to, which could quite possibly be a property a friend or family member could own.

JUL 11, 2021
Deputies Search Home of Missing Couple (wkow.com)
The Dane County Sheriff's Office confirmed a search warrant was executed at Bart and Krista Halderson's home Sunday afternoon; two weeks after the couple disappeared.

[...]

... Halderson has not been formally charged in connection with his parent's disappearance and is expected to appear in court on Monday.

JUL 11, 2021
Deputies Search Home of Missing Couple (wkow.com)
The Dane County Sheriff's Office confirmed a search warrant was executed at Bart and Krista Halderson's home Sunday afternoon; two weeks after the couple disappeared.

[...]

... Halderson has not been formally charged in connection with his parent's disappearance and is expected to appear in court on Monday.
Why on earth did it take this long?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back