GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is just MOO, but I can only think of 2 reasons he would dump the remains on the property of someone he knew..
1. he wanted to frame them for the murder because he also said they went to the cabin with friends and so did he want them to think the people who owned this land picked them up to go to the cabin and then harmed them?

2. he is just that dumb and put them in this location because he knew where it was... but dumping bodies on land of someone you know is the best way to get caught because they can recognize you! Geez..
I hope we learn more about the relationship he had with his parents. There have been other cases where a parent(s) was murdered because they were cutting the strings. I'm curious if this will be the case here as well.

This is just MOO, but I can only think of 2 reasons he would dump the remains on the property of someone he knew..
1. he wanted to frame them for the murder because he also said they went to the cabin with friends and so did he want them to think the people who owned this land picked them up to go to the cabin and then harmed them?

2. he is just that dumb and put them in this location because he knew where it was... but dumping bodies on land of someone you know is the best way to get caught because they can recognize you! Geez..

IMOO it is likely the latter. Not that bright, as evidenced by everything he has said and done so far. ‍♀️

I actually like when LE keeps the official announcements on the DL until it is pretty much wrapped up, nicely.
I think I’m in the middle of where both of you stand on this. I like it when LE hints at what’s going on enough for us to get an idea of what’s being investigated, but makes sure to not explicitly state it until there’s an airtight case. A lot of us had an idea here of what CH did/was being charged with based off LE’s verbiage, but the actual details of the charges were pretty shocking here. TBH I like how they handled that because it gave the community some degree of relief there wasn’t more danger out there but gave them a bit more time to investigate CH and get an autopsy.

I think I’m in the middle of where both of you stand on this. I like it when LE hints at what’s going on enough for us to get an idea of what’s being investigated, but makes sure to not explicitly state it until there’s an airtight case. A lot of us had an idea here of what CH did/was being charged with based off LE’s verbiage, but the actual details of the charges were pretty shocking here. TBH I like how they handled that because it gave the community some degree of relief there wasn’t more danger out there but gave them a bit more time to investigate CH and get an autopsy.

I feel the same way. I do hope they come out with more details, though!

This is such a sad, sad story. I cannot imagine what the family and friends of Bart and Krista are going through.

Can anyone with more legal knowledge than me comment on the distinction between being accused of crimes vs. being charged with crimes?

JUL 12, 2021
'Extremely complex investigation': Son of missing Windsor couple held on $10K cash bond; charges expected later this week (channel3000.com)
[...]

“At this point we have an extremely complex investigation,” Brown said. “We have a defendant who had six days, essentially, to hide evidence of his crime and lied to police in the course of this missing persons investigation which he instigated. He has lied dozens of times in the course of this investigation. He is now seen leaving the area in which the dismembered remains of his father were found with gunshot wounds, and police are obviously still engaged in an extremely broad search for the remains of his father and of course his mother. She still remains a missing person.”

[...]

Halderson’s next court appearance is scheduled for Thursday, July 15.

This is such a sad, sad story. I cannot imagine what the family and friends of Bart and Krista are going through.

Can anyone with more legal knowledge than me comment on the distinction between being accused of crimes vs. being charged with crimes?
In WI, it’s highly, highly unusual to hold someone without charges for longer than a few days. Usually formal charges are brought in an arraignment hearing which was what happened yesterday, but due to the complexity of this investigation they weren’t able to have a full criminal complaint ready - as the charge CH was initially being held on ended up being further evidence to the murder related charges DCSO just put on his file. In this case the autopsy appeared to have LITERALLY JUST FINISHED right as CH was going to have his arraignment, so the state had to act fast and obviously knew there wasn’t going to be time to have a charging document prepared. Because of this new information and the murder charges, he is not allowed out on his $10k bail, DCSO added these in as a “new arrest” giving them a couple more days to prep a criminal complaint with formal charges.

TY for finding this! The article and video is behind a paywall for me. Good news, though. :) The video is also available at Madison.com's Youtube account:

I think that paywall is gonna become an issue for all of us, unfortunately :(
I tried using a VPN to get around it for a couple extra articles last night and it almost immediately booted me back to the front page. Good for them for finding a strong paywall but not good for my wallet.

Inmate Detail Jail Information
View attachment 304483
Name CHANDLER MICHAEL HALDERSON
Status CO Prearraignment
Building PUBLIC SAFETY BUILDING
Area MALEDORM
Scheduled Release N/A
Booking Number 561381
Booking Date 7/8/2021 9:30 PM
Name Number 707975

Arrest Information
Date Agency Arrest Number Agency Case Number
7/8/2021 6:41 PM Dane County Sheriffs Office 650045233 210257864
Offense Date/Time Disposition Date Court Case Number Entry Code
FALSE INFO ON KIDNAPPING 7/8/2021 6:41 PM N/A New Arrest
HOMICIDE 1ST DEG INTENTIONAL 7/12/2021 4:13 PM N/A New Arrest
HIDING A CORPSE 7/12/2021 4:16 PM N/A New Arrest
MUTILATING A CORPSE 7/12/2021 4:18 PM N/A New Arrest

| Dane County Sheriff's Office

Well the charges are listed as of late today, so guess he won't be going anywhere after all. I thought it was weird they would allow him to post bail.

Welp...

From the beginning I saw this as pre-planned.. he’s been spinning “the perfect murder” in his head. His comments were so calculated and casual I believe that he is a narcissist and thought he wouldn’t have been caught.
Very glad there was a witness!
JMO

From the beginning I saw this as pre-planned.. he’s been spinning “the perfect murder” in his head. His comments were so calculated and casual I believe that he is a narcissist and thought he wouldn’t have been caught.
Very glad there was a witness!
JMO
BBM. I would honestly be surprised if there weren't more witnesses, solely because so many people have lots of cameras up on their hunting properties out here. Now might be a time to check your deer cams, folks, especially if you know or know someone that knows CH :rolleyes:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back