GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has it been mentioned if he was adopted or is he their biological son? I'm just guessing because he looks like neither one of them.
He's their bio son afaik. IMO he looks VERY similar build and coloring wise to his older brother who greatly resembles Krista facially. If he gained ~30-40 pounds I think he would look a lot more like Bart in the face, he just doesn't weigh very much.

Has it been mentioned if he was adopted or is he their biological son? I'm just guessing because he looks like neither one of them.
He's their bio son afaik. IMO he looks VERY similar build and coloring wise to his older brother who greatly resembles Krista facially. If he gained ~30-40 pounds I think he would look a lot more like Bart in the face, he just doesn't weigh very much.
Thank You!

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.tow...-5bd6-a7d4-77735779c202/60ecbc18b5c1d.pdf.pdf

PDF of probable cause statement for the false info charge at link.

Interesting there is no dates listed for when he was seen in the acquaintances property with the trunk open. Was that reported before or after he reported them missing? I see he did that on the 7th so which day between the 1st and the 7th did someone notice him on their property. Did they not report that until the missing person report was filed? If I saw someone on my property I'd go look right away and not wait. Just interesting and it will be nice to find out those other details. Was it an actual real time sighting or was it on some camera they have installed in that area? Is it visible form the house or ??

Interesting there is no dates listed for when he was seen in the acquaintances property with the trunk open. Was that reported before or after he reported them missing? I see he did that on the 7th so which day between the 1st and the 7th did someone notice him on their property. Did they not report that until the missing person report was filed? If I saw someone on my property I'd go look right away and not wait. Just interesting and it will be nice to find out those other details. Was it an actual real time sighting or was it on some camera they have installed in that area? Is it visible form the house or ??
It was mentioned that it was a real-time sighting on July 5th either during the DCSO presser from yesterday or the bail hearing video, I do not remember which. The witness saw CH with the hatch of his vehicle open reversing it in an "odd spot" near the woods on her property. This was a person that was called an "acquaintance" of CH who lives in Cottage Grove.

It was mentioned that it was a real-time sighting on July 5th either during the DCSO presser from yesterday or the bail hearing video, I do not remember which. The witness saw CH with the hatch of his vehicle open reversing it in an "odd spot" near the woods on her property. This was a person that was called an "acquaintance" of CH who lives in Cottage Grove.

Oh interesting. So now I'm curious if they did anything that day? It would seem not if the body wasn't discovered until later. I guess they maybe reported it after the son filed the missing person report and then they thought of the incident the days before. I am horrified thinking of what happened between July 1st and 5th. What did he do and where? Ugh I hope whatever it was it was quick. :(

Oh interesting. So now I'm curious if they did anything that day? It would seem not if the body wasn't discovered until later. I guess they maybe reported it after the son filed the missing person report and then they thought of the incident the days before. I am horrified thinking of what happened between July 1st and 5th. What did he do and where? Ugh I hope whatever it was it was quick. :(
The MP investigation was not started until the 7th. CH lied to the police for 2 days before BH's body was found.

The MP investigation was not started until the 7th. CH lied to the police for 2 days before BH's body was found.
Sorry I didn't make it clear what I was asking!

If the female acquaintance saw the son on the 5th on her property, did she report that on the 5th?

I was guessing not since at that point nobody was reported missing so the acquaintance wouldn't even know the parents were missing on the 5th.

She saw this the 5th

He reported the parents missing the 7th

She likely realized then that what she saw the 5th was really more concerning than she may have originally thought and told the police.

At some point after that the torso is discovered.

Sorry I didn't make it clear what I was asking!

If the female acquaintance saw the son on the 5th on her property, did she report that on the 5th?

I was guessing not since at that point nobody was reported missing so the acquaintance wouldn't even know the parents were missing on the 5th.

She saw this the 5th

He reported the parents missing the 7th

She likely realized then that what she saw the 5th was really more concerning than she may have originally thought and told the police.

At some point after that the torso is discovered.
LE said the torso was discovered on the afternoon of the 8th and CH was arrested a few hours later.

TIMELINE AS OF NOW:
7/1/2021: Last time anyone sees Bart or Krista Halderson at their home in Windsor.
7/2/2021: CH claims they "left with another couple" to go to Langlade County in the early morning.
7/4/2021: CH claims he received a text from KH saying they had arrived safely in Langlade County.
7/5/2021: Female acquaintance sees CH backing his vehicle out with the hatch open at her wooded property in Cottage Grove.
7/5-7/6/2021: CH asks friends for cleaning products.
7/7/2021: 11:30 AM - BH and KH reported missing to DCSO. Authorities start investigating and talking with friends, relatives and neighbors. This is likely when the Cottage Grove property owner mentions seeing CH on the 5th.
7/8/2021: Morning - CH does interviews with Channel 3 and WKOW, appearing off camera.
Afternoon - DCSO finds dismembered torso of Bart Halderson on property in Cottage Grove, "unidentifiable remains"
6:45 pm - Chandler Halderson arrested on suspicion of providing false information in a missing person investigation
9:30 pm - Chandler Halderson booked into jail
7/9/2021: 2pm - Sheriff Barrett press conference, announcement that "remains were found on a rural property in Dane County" as a result of the investigation, pending autopsy so medical examiner can follow COVID-19 protocols.
7/11/2021: Search warrant issued for Oak Springs Circle home that the Halderson family owns in Windsor
7/12/2021: 2:45 pm - Medical examiner discloses torso found in Cottage Grove is that of Bart Halderson, says he died of "homicidal violence"
2:45 pm - CH bail hearing, DDA requests $1 million bond, was only granted $10k because no criminal complaint was ready. State considering charges of 1st deg intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse, hiding a corpse
4:15 pm - CH rearrested and held on murder related charges

TIMELINE AS OF NOW:
7/1/2021: Last time anyone sees Bart or Krista Halderson at their home in Windsor.
7/2/2021: CH claims they "left with another couple" to go to Langlade County in the early morning.
7/4/2021: CH claims he received a text from KH saying they had arrived safely in Langlade County.
7/5/2021: Female acquaintance sees CH backing his vehicle out with the hatch open at her wooded property in Cottage Grove.
7/5-7/6/2021: CH asks friends for cleaning products.
7/7/2021: 11:30 AM - BH and KH reported missing to DCSO. Authorities start investigating and talking with friends, relatives and neighbors. This is likely when the Cottage Grove property owner mentions seeing CH on the 5th.
7/8/2021: Morning - CH does interviews with Channel 3 and WKOW, appearing off camera.
Afternoon - DCSO finds dismembered torso of Bart Halderson on property in Cottage Grove, "unidentifiable remains"
6:45 pm - Chandler Halderson arrested on suspicion of providing false information in a missing person investigation
9:30 pm - Chandler Halderson booked into jail
7/9/2021: 2pm - Sheriff Barrett press conference, announcement that "remains were found on a rural property in Dane County" as a result of the investigation, pending autopsy so medical examiner can follow COVID-19 protocols.
7/11/2021: Search warrant issued for Oak Springs Circle home that the Halderson family owns in Windsor
7/12/2021: 2:45 pm - Medical examiner discloses torso found in Cottage Grove is that of Bart Halderson, says he died of "homicidal violence"
2:45 pm - CH bail hearing, DDA requests $1 million bond, was only granted $10k because no criminal complaint was ready. State considering charges of 1st deg intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse, hiding a corpse
4:15 pm - CH rearrested and held on murder related charges

I'm curious about the 1st to the 5th. Were they alive and he was holding them somehow? Was he trying to get money from them? Did he kill them right away and keep themsomewhere? If he didn't start cleaning things up till the 5th-7th and he was definately seen the 5th leaving the torso, then were is the rest of them? What the heck happened in those hours between when anyone else saw them and when he was arrested? Ugh I am sure LE knows much more, but my mind has so many questions! Did anyone else suspect something wrong? Did their other kids try to call them? Did they tell any of the other kids or family/friends they were going anywhere? Were they expected to be at any 4th of July festivities that they didn't show up for? If he didn't harm them until the 5th or close to it, where were they before that?

I'm curious about the 1st to the 5th. Were they alive and he was holding them somehow? Was he trying to get money from them? Did he kill them right away and keep themsomewhere? If he didn't start cleaning things up till the 5th-7th and he was definately seen the 5th leaving the torso, then were is the rest of them? What the heck happened in those hours between when anyone else saw them and when he was arrested? Ugh I am sure LE knows much more, but my mind has so many questions! Did anyone else suspect something wrong? Did their other kids try to call them? Did they tell any of the other kids or family/friends they were going anywhere? Were they expected to be at any 4th of July festivities that they didn't show up for? If he didn't harm them until the 5th or close to it, where were they before that?
Has there been a mention of a crime scene? Did the murders/dismemberment happen at the Halderson home? If so, this kid really is delusional, no amount of cleaning supplies is going to cover that. Here's the location of the family home Google Maps

Pictures of the road leading to the property where Bart was discovered, reporter says Earlwyn Road in Cottage Grove (see video)- Town of Cottage Grove residents shocked by grisly discovery
Here it is on Google maps Google Maps

Last edited:
Has there been a mention of a crime scene? Did the murders/dismemberment happen at the Halderson home? If so, this kid really is delusional, no amount of cleaning supplies is going to cover that. Here's the location of the family home Google Maps

Pictures of the road leading to the property where Bart was discovered, reporter says Earlwyn Road in Cottage Grove (see video)- Town of Cottage Grove residents shocked by grisly discovery
Looks like for Earlwyn we are looking at the property on the right side of the map that has quite a few acres, and for OSC (Haldersons' house) we've got a body of water nearby. My goodness.

Did some research on the Earlwyn property and it says it is 33 acres and held in trust. Don't want to post the rest of the info, but it is not shocking that LE has been searching it for days.

Yes, the prosecutor said the home was an active crime scene at the bond hearing so Chaz would have to find another place to stay if he bonded out.

New image of the OSC house from this article.
5Q6DURXSJZDGLOKF5MOHTZO4QM.jpg

Wisconsin man accused of killing, dismembering dad as mom remains missing, cops say

Case of missing Windsor couple turns to homicide investigation
More local coverage from the Lake Mills Leader, which is the paper for a town about 35 minutes from Windsor.

The Dane County Medical Examiner announced Monday that it has identified human remains found in the Town of Cottage Grove and the Sheriff‘’s Office is now pursuing a homicide investigation in the Village of Windsor.

A spare handful of comments in a bond hearing on Monday afternoon have suggested violent details at the heart of the cryptic statements offered by Dane County Sheriff Kalvin Barrett in a press conference on July 9 as he gave updates on the search for two missing Windsor residents last seen on July 1.

Yes, the prosecutor said the home was an active crime scene at the bond hearing so Chaz would have to find another place to stay if he bonded out.
Thanks. I wonder if they are searching the water behind the home, ugh what a thought. It's very small, but I shudder at the thought of what he may have done with the rest of his Dad. Here's the map view Google Maps

Thanks. I wonder if they are searching the water behind the home, ugh what a thought. It's very small, but I shudder at the thought of what he may have done with the rest of his Dad. Here's the map view Google Maps
I can think of multiple more secluded areas in Dane County including a village park on Lake Mendota where one can reverse with the hatch of their car open and dump a body... I would guess that water search is a thing that's happening, given the fact he was a champion swimmer growing up: Chaz Halderson | Swimcloud

ETA found this news item from 2014 that might give you a bit of insite on CH Prep Profile: Chaz Halderson, swimming, Plymouth

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back