GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Charges have been officially filed as Dane County Case # 2021CF001568 and are available on Wisconsin's CCAP system. Preliminary hearing set for 7/28.

Biggest thing I noticed here:

• Offense date was 7/1. This lines up with the DNR witness from 7/3 that was mentioned today.

I was going to make this all nice and pretty, but I'm honestly going to be sick after reading that complaint, and I know we don't even have close to full details yet. My god, this guy is depraved.

I am trying to put pieces together.

A shell casing was found.

His dad had one gun shot wound

That adds up. What did he do to his mother? Where is she? If what they found was only the torso of dad, then what was found on the 14th could be the rest of him. If mom is totally MIA what does that mean? If what was found the 14th is mom, then where is the rest of dad?

He sure made a lot of mistakes for how hard he tried to cover this up. He talked to the neighbors about the cameras, he dumped dad on his girlfriends moms property AND they were there AND he talked to them about swimming, but never even went swimming. How much more suspicious can you be!?

I recall you saying you know the older brother. I am just thinking about him. I hope he has extended family that is rallying around him. His parents gone at the hands of his only brother. :(

I was going to make this all nice and pretty, but I'm honestly going to be sick after reading that complaint, and I know we don't even have close to full details yet. My god, this guy is depraved.
Depraved, but thankfully dumber than a bag of rocks (at least as far as this crime goes). I can’t, and don’t want to, imagine the horror this couple experienced at the hands of their son.

I recall you saying you know the older brother. I am just thinking about him. I hope he has extended family that is rallying around him. His parents gone at the hands of his only brother. :(

Their family and MH's girlfriend's family are a really tight bunch. I think he is in great, supportive hands and has a lot of people who love him unconditionally in his corner, as well as his employer, a really awesome company who I know is also providing a ton of support and community for him.

UPDATED PLAYER LIST AND TIMELINE

CURRENT CASE PLAYERS

CH
- Chandler Halderson
BH - Bart Halderson
KH - Krista Halderson
MH - Bart and Krista's older son
CM - Chandler Halderson's girlfriend
CL - Property owner in Cottage Grove, girlfriend of CM's mother
DK - neighbor witness
JM - neighbor witness
AS - Chandler Halderson's friend from Kansas
JD - DNR witness
KB - Dane County Sheriff Kalvin Barrett

TIMELINE AS OF 7/15/21:
6/12-6-13/2021
: AS visits CH from Kansas and gifts him a SKS Norinco rifle
7/1/2021: Last time anyone sees Bart or Krista Halderson at their home in Windsor.
*Criminal complaint states that 7/1 was "date of offense" for the murder charges*
7/2/2021: CH claims BH and KH "left with another couple" to go to Langlade County in the early morning.
Witnesses DK and JM notice both BH and KH have their cars in the driveway, they talk to CH and he mentions "blood everywhere"
CM provides CH with cleaning products
7/3/2021: CH is seen by witness JD walking away from his vehicle near DNR land in Sauk County.
7/4/2021: CH claims he received a text from KH saying they had arrived safely in Langlade County. CH says he had "heard from his parents" in a phone call with DK.
7/5/2021: Witness CL sees CH backing a Subaru Outback out with the hatch open at her wooded property in Cottage Grove while he was supposed to be swimming in her pool.
7/7/2021: 11:30 AM - BH and KH reported missing to DCSO by CH. Authorities start investigating and talking with friends, relatives and neighbors.
CH interviewed by deputies at OSC
7/8/2021: Morning - CH does interviews with Channel 3 and WKOW, appearing off camera.
Afternoon - DCSO finds dismembered torso of Bart Halderson on CL's property in Cottage Grove, "unidentifiable remains"
2:00 pm - CH hands off extra cabin keys to MH, who drives up to Langlade County to check for their parents
2:49 pm - CH approaches neighbor and asks if their Ring camera was able to capture the road or the OSC house
6:45 pm - Chandler Halderson arrested on suspicion of providing false information in a missing person investigation
9:30 pm - Chandler Halderson booked into jail
7/9/2021: 2pm - Sheriff KB press conference, announcement that "remains were found on a rural property in Dane County" as a result of the investigation, pending autopsy so medical examiner can follow COVID-19 protocols.
7/11/2021: Search warrant issued for Oak Springs Circle home that the Halderson family owns in Windsor
7/12/2021: 2:45 pm - Medical examiner discloses torso found in Cottage Grove is that of Bart Halderson, says he died of "homicidal violence"
2:45 pm - CH bail hearing, DDA requests $1 million bond, was only granted $10k because no criminal complaint was ready. State considering charges of 1st deg intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse, hiding a corpse
4:15 pm - CH rearrested and held on murder related charges
7/14/2021: Unidentified human remains found at DNR location in Sauk County where JD saw CH on 7/3.
7/15/2021: CH charged with first-degree intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse, hiding a corpse, providing false info on a kidnapping
3:30 pm - KB announces new information about DNR location, answers questions about CM's possible involvement and reiterates investigation is very early and active

In case you haven't seen it yet, it's in Andrew Havranek's Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/Andrew_Havranek/status/1415755658985619462
  • Police arrive at Halverson home on Oak Springs Circle, there are numerous sections of flooring and a half wall next to the front door missing.
  • Chandler does not have a vehicle, drives his parents cars. His driving is limited right now because of his concussion symptoms (no further detail given).
  • Chandler claimed Bart took a "large amount of cash with him to the cabin".
  • Chandler's GF, CMM claims to have been with him numerous times from July 1-8th.
  • Bart was killed by a firearm, likely a rifle.
I was going to try and recap the CC but there is simply too much information. The witness interviews are so detailed it's impossible to abbreviate, so please do read it.

There is something wrong with Chandler, I mean beyond just the fact he killed his parents. His attempt to cover up the killings and dispose of the body were that of a child. In addition, neighbors seemed to be quite suspicious of him from the get-go. Makes me feel there may have been issues with Chandler and people know about them.

Because of the comment about a large amount of cash, I'm going to say the motive here will involve embezzlement/theft of money from his parents.

It's been a long day, hopefully what I'm trying to convey makes sense.

Last edited:
I hate initials. If we could just keep this post from @doyoulovemepfg moving throughout would be helpful to me. IMO LOL
This guy is a piece of work @Wendyb1063 post, with the police complaint, I couldn't stomach it.He's done. My heart breaks for their family. I think LE was on this from the get-go. IMO
It's here and in the media and timeline/no discussion thread as well so it'll be somewhat easy to find if things get buried.

I wonder when he had a concussion and how serious was it? There were several references in the criminal complaint that he stated he had difficulties reading and driving distances due to his concussion.
I hate to think about it this way, but this could be his criminal defense: Brain injuries can cause some people to become violent criminals and pedophiles — here's what scientists know so far about why that is

My ex had probably one of the most serious concussions one could get while we were dating and were around the same age as CH. He could barely use his phone for 2 months and had to wear sunglasses inside until probably about the month and a half mark. Had to go on a yearlong medical leave from school, wasn't able to drive for 3-ish months and when he did go back to school he had to have a software that read all of his assignments and was prescribed meds for ADHD which he definitely didn't have before.

Using that situation as an example of a "severe concussion" I would say that CH's concussion was likely milder than this, and probably had occurred at least a week prior to 7/1, given he was still "not good" yet was able to function to the point where he was driving a vehicle and doing various maneuvers.... if he even had a concussion

Andrew Havranek on Twitter
According to these court documents, Chandler Halderson reported his mom and dad, Bart and Krista Halderson, missing on July 7. He told police they left their home five days prior on Friday, July 2. Halderson told police his parents were possibly at a cabin in White Lake
12:57 PM · Jul 15, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Police say Chandler Halderson reported his parents left at 6 am Friday, and were picked up by friends to “work on a water pump and fire pit that had possibly been damaged by a recent storm.”

Police asked Halderson why he felt they were missing. Halderson said they were supposed to be back Sunday or Monday (7/4 or 7/5) Court documents say Halderson told police he tried calling his parents but calls went straight to voicemail

Detectives say they went to the home and Chandler Halderson gave a lot of details. Said all the things he helped his parents pack were gone, but he didn’t hear them leave Friday morning.

The court documents go on to say Halderson told police he heard from his parents on 7/4. He said his mom told him they were going to a parade in White Lake, and they’d be home Monday or Tuesday.

Detectives noticed both Bart and Krista’s cars were in the garage. Halderson said one of their friends picked them up, but he wasn’t aware who those friends were. He added he had driven both of their cars since they had left, as he doesn’t have his own.

However, Halderson told police his concussion symptoms prevent him from driving too far. Deputies interviewed coworkers and neighbors, including one person by the initials “MS”

MS told detectives she and her husband invited Halderson over for dinner after police had left the home. MS said the statements Halderson made were “completely inconsistent with her observations” MS said Halderson told her his parents took alcohol and cash

MS told detectives she and her husband invited Halderson over for dinner after police had left the home. MS said the statements Halderson made were “completely inconsistent with her observations” MS said Halderson told her his parents took alcohol and cash

Andrew Havranek on Twitter
Court doc continues, saying detectives talked with Halderson’s girlfriend, her mother, and mother’s girlfriend, identified as CAL. CAL told detectives Chandler showed up in his dad’s Subaru on July 5 around 5:30 pm. He told her he was having issues reading words and numbers

He then asked if he could go swimming in their pool. CAL told detectives he walked out to the pool and was gone for 1-1.5 hours. He returned, dry, and the pool cover hadn’t been removed. She saw the Subaru near a shed on the property with the hatchback open.

CAL also told detectives she then saw Chandler around the shed, and then washing off in the pool. On July 8, detectives searched CAL’s property.

While walking near the shed, detectives say they saw a small “mound” covered with foliage, sticks and leaves. That’s when they found the torso of Bart Halderson. Autopsy reports confirmed his identity.

The court documents also outline “Unsolicited Comments/Spontaneous Utterances” by Chandler during an interview. Detectives say he said “what if I want to tell you everything with an attorney there to guide me.” Also, “you don’t know the whole story.”

Detectives say while completing the booking questionnaire, Chandler was asked if he was suicidal. Detectives say his response to that was he “didn’t feel bad about what I did.”

Detectives say the autopsy of Bart Halderson’s torso showed skin discoloration, and a gunshot wound under his right rib cage, and the wound was not consistent with a suicidal pattern.

Their family and MH's girlfriend's family are a really tight bunch. I think he is in great, supportive hands and has a lot of people who love him unconditionally in his corner, as well as his employer, a really awesome company who I know is also providing a ton of support and community for him.

This is so good to hear! Thank you for sharing that. I never want to forget the victims that are still here on earth. While I feel for the parents, they are both likely gone and not much can be done for them except justice. The living victims are who are going to struggle so much and I just don't know how a person even processes their sibling doing something like this to anyone let alone their parents.

This is so good to hear! Thank you for sharing that. I never want to forget the victims that are still here on earth. While I feel for the parents, they are both likely gone and not much can be done for them except justice. The living victims are who are going to struggle so much and I just don't know how a person even processes their sibling doing something like this to anyone let alone their parents.
Out of all the companies MH could have worked for, I’m really glad it’s the one he is at. It is a larger employer in the area and I have lots of friends, classmates etc that currently work there, and from all accounts I know they go above and beyond in supporting their employees when something unexpected and/or tragic happens.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back