GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can think of multiple more secluded areas in Dane County including a village park on Lake Mendota where one can reverse with the hatch of their car open and dump a body... I would guess that water search is a thing that's happening, given the fact he was a champion swimmer growing up: Chaz Halderson | Swimcloud

ETA found this news item from 2014 that might give you a bit of insite on CH Prep Profile: Chaz Halderson, swimming, Plymouth
I found his swimming records a couple of days ago, thanks.

He wasn't dumping a body per se, but dismembered body parts (sorry to be so graphic guys). We have no idea where he went, so nothing should be off the table in terms of search areas.

I found his swimming records a couple of days ago, thanks.

He wasn't dumping a body per se, but dismembered body parts (sorry to be so graphic guys). We have no idea where he went, so nothing should be off the table in terms of search areas.
Either the DDA or sheriff said he "drove all over Wisconsin" so perhaps we should be looking at places where he has ties?

Andrew Havranek
@Andrew_Havranek

39m

Dane County Sheriff’s Deputies are at the home of Bart and Krista Halderson in Windsor, WI. Their son, Chandler, reported them missing last week. Now, he’s been charged with first-degree intentional homicide, mutilation of a corpse and hiding of a corpse.

Andrew Havranek
@Andrew_Havranek

·
39m

Police say Chandler killed his father. Krista Halderson has not been found. There is a news conference in Madison at 3:30 this afternoon.
@SpectrumNews1WI

Andrew Havranek
@Andrew_Havranek

·
34m

Just spoke with a neighbor who did not want to be identified or speak on camera. They said law enforcement have been at this house around the clock for the last several days. Said the whole situation is jarring for this small neighborhood.
Andrew Havranek
@Andrew_Havranek

I spoke with multiple neighbors who all declined to speak on camera. They all say they have been devastated since learning about the Haldersons. One neighbor told me Chandler Halderson came to her house last Thursday and asked if she had security cameras …

Andrew Havranek
@Andrew_Havranek

·
8m

… at the time, she didn’t. She said in the past week, she’s had them installed because she and her family are spooked.

ETA rest of Havranek's thread

Last edited:
" Allegedly, the remains were found in a Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Property along the Wisconsin River near the Town of Roxbury. The complaint also states Bart Halderson's remains were located the property of Chandler's girlfriend's family.

The discovery comes after an individual reported seeing someone matching Chandler's description on July 3 walking on Highway 60 towards Highway 188. Allegedly, the informant told investigators she thought it was odd the person was walking away from his vehicle towards the highway, but turned around and started returning to his car."

Can y
" Allegedly, the remains were found in a Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Property along the Wisconsin River near the Town of Roxbury. The complaint also states Bart Halderson's remains were located the property of Chandler's girlfriend's family.

The discovery comes after an individual reported seeing someone matching Chandler's description on July 3 walking on Highway 60 towards Highway 188. Allegedly, the informant told investigators she thought it was odd the person was walking away from his vehicle towards the highway, but turned around and started returning to his car."
Can you add this to the timeline and media thread?

Andrew Havranek
@Andrew_Havranek

39m

Dane County Sheriff’s Deputies are at the home of Bart and Krista Halderson in Windsor, WI. Their son, Chandler, reported them missing last week. Now, he’s been charged with first-degree intentional homicide, mutilation of a corpse and hiding of a corpse.

Andrew Havranek
@Andrew_Havranek

·
39m

Police say Chandler killed his father. Krista Halderson has not been found. There is a news conference in Madison at 3:30 this afternoon.
@SpectrumNews1WI

Andrew Havranek
@Andrew_Havranek

·
34m

Just spoke with a neighbor who did not want to be identified or speak on camera. They said law enforcement have been at this house around the clock for the last several days. Said the whole situation is jarring for this small neighborhood.
Andrew Havranek
@Andrew_Havranek

I spoke with multiple neighbors who all declined to speak on camera. They all say they have been devastated since learning about the Haldersons. One neighbor told me Chandler Halderson came to her house last Thursday and asked if she had security cameras …

Andrew Havranek
@Andrew_Havranek

·
8m

… at the time, she didn’t. She said in the past week, she’s had them installed because she and her family are spooked.

ETA rest of Havranek's thread

Wow, he went to ask if they have security cameras?

So what do we make of that press conference?

1. he believes she is alive and well?

2. When asked if anyone else is involved his answer was very "part of the investigation" and then he was quick to hurry off.

I don't know what to make of that.
IMO KB is waiting to get confirmation on the DNR UID remains find before he says anything about Krista. He is very much a "let the facts do the talking" kind of guy and that's how he's operated in previous lower profile cases where he has had to address the media.

With regards to the GF, I think she may not be talking as much as KB and DCSO had hoped...

So what do we make of that press conference?

1. he believes she is alive and well?

2. When asked if anyone else is involved his answer was very "part of the investigation" and then he was quick to hurry off.

I don't know what to make of that.
Hmmmm….the response you noted as number 2 above makes me wonder about the extent to which the girlfriend knew about the murders. It’s possible (and, honestly, my assumption is the following scenario is true) that she was completely in the dark about it and her family’s rural property made a convenient hiding spot for the Haldersons’ remains.

'Didn't feel bad about what I did': Halderson complaint reveals more remains found, son's comments
Near the end of his interview with law enforcement following his arrest, Halderson also reportedly made several unsolicited comments after questioning had ended. According to Detective Hendrickson with the Dane County Sheriff’s Office, Halderson, after invoking his right to an attorney, said he wanted to “go back up” and “tell [him] everything.”

“You don’t know the whole story,” Halderson reportedly said.

When asked if he was suicidal, investigators say Halderson responded by saying he “didn’t feel bad about what I did.”

He is currently being held in the Dane County Jail on a $1 million bond.

Holy $h!%! What is going on? I want to see the criminal complaint ASAP.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back