GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. He's one sick idiot.o_O Chandler is kind of a screwed pooch seeing as the tipster witnessed him on the property then found the remains. :confused: I wonder if the prosecutor who asked for $1 million dollars bond somehow didn't hear Chandler when he said, "It's better to not listen to the negative theories,". ;) MOO

:mad: $10,000 bond?! What a disgrace to the deceased and their loved ones. :( IMO

ETA - My bad. I didn't realize bond was for providing false info. No murder charges have been laid, yet. I suppose that makes me feel a bit better about the bond amount. :)

Tony Galli
@galli_wkow

2:48pm
Court Commissioner says Halderson limited to Dane County if he makes bond #WKOW

2:46pm
Court commissioner sets Chandler Halderson's bond at $10,000 #WKOW

2:43pm
Prosecutor maintains Halderson travelled to rural parts of Wisconsin when asks by court commissioner about whether Halderson took off after parents' disappearance #WKOW

2:40pm
Halderson shaking his head as prosecutor maintains Halderson had a week to cover up disappearance of parents #WKOW

Last edited:

In a statement, the Medical Examiner's Office said "preliminary results from the autopsy confirm that Mr. Halderson died from homicidal violence including firearm injury."

During Chandler Halderson's initial hearing Monday, Brown said Bart Halderson's body had been dismembered. He expected homicide charges to be filed against the younger Halderson by Thursday.

Chandler Halderson initially reported his parents missing on Wednesday. Two days later, the Sheriff's Office said during a press conference on the case that human remains had been found in an undisclosed rural area of the county.

The Sheriff's Office began executing a search warrant at the Haldersons' Oak Springs Circle home Sunday, according to spokesperson Elise Schaffer, and that work was continuing Monday.

<article modsnipped to meet less than 10% copyright rule>

Last edited by a moderator:
Good gosh, killing and dismembering your own Father? I shudder to think what he's done to his Mom and where she will be found.

Yes @YaYa_521 - $10k bond is hard to swallow. If he bonds out, but isn't charged with murder until Thursday, what if he takes off? Can't they speed up the timeline?

Has anyone found any social media for CH?

Good gosh, killing and dismembering your own Father? I shudder to think what he's done to his Mom and where she will be found.

Yes @YaYa_521 - $10k bond is hard to swallow. If he bonds out, but isn't charged with murder until Thursday, what if he takes off? Can't they speed up the timeline?

Has anyone found any social media for CH?
He goes by Chaz Halderson. Google that name and there should be a Facebook page and an unused IG. I have a bunch of mutual friends that went to his high school and they said he’s never gone by Chandler, always Chaz.

Inmate Detail Jail Information
upload_2021-7-12_15-51-42.jpg
Name CHANDLER MICHAEL HALDERSON
Status CO Prearraignment
Building PUBLIC SAFETY BUILDING
Area MALEDORM
Scheduled Release N/A
Booking Number 561381
Booking Date 7/8/2021 9:30 PM
Name Number 707975

Arrest Information
Date Agency Arrest Number Agency Case Number
7/8/2021 6:41 PM Dane County Sheriffs Office 650045233 210257864
Offense Date/Time Disposition Date Court Case Number Entry Code
FALSE INFO ON KIDNAPPING 7/8/2021 6:41 PM N/A New Arrest
HOMICIDE 1ST DEG INTENTIONAL 7/12/2021 4:13 PM N/A New Arrest
HIDING A CORPSE 7/12/2021 4:16 PM N/A New Arrest
MUTILATING A CORPSE 7/12/2021 4:18 PM N/A New Arrest

| Dane County Sheriff's Office

Well the charges are listed as of late today, so guess he won't be going anywhere after all. I thought it was weird they would allow him to post bail.

Inmate Detail Jail Information
View attachment 304483
Name CHANDLER MICHAEL HALDERSON
Status CO Prearraignment
Building PUBLIC SAFETY BUILDING
Area MALEDORM
Scheduled Release N/A
Booking Number 561381
Booking Date 7/8/2021 9:30 PM
Name Number 707975

Arrest Information
Date Agency Arrest Number Agency Case Number
7/8/2021 6:41 PM Dane County Sheriffs Office 650045233 210257864
Offense Date/Time Disposition Date Court Case Number Entry Code
FALSE INFO ON KIDNAPPING 7/8/2021 6:41 PM N/A New Arrest
HOMICIDE 1ST DEG INTENTIONAL 7/12/2021 4:13 PM N/A New Arrest
HIDING A CORPSE 7/12/2021 4:16 PM N/A New Arrest
MUTILATING A CORPSE 7/12/2021 4:18 PM N/A New Arrest

| Dane County Sheriff's Office

Well the charges are listed as of late today, so guess he won't be going anywhere after all. I thought it was weird they would allow him to post bail.
YES!! Ty for the update. I was worried he'd run.

:eek: First degree? I'm anxious to see what evidence they've found that shows this was planned. I was willing to give him a benefit of the doubt that maybe there was an argument gone wrong, but now I've got a hunch Bart & Krista must have found out, or was getting ready to find out, something about Chaz's behavior. It'll be interesting, I'm sure.

Eventually, he reported the parents missing after they had been gone for days at that point, said Brown. A witness who knows Chandler reported seeing Halderson’s vehicle with him in it parked at an odd location on their rural property. She reported that to police.

That was on July 5, three days after his parents reportedly had left for the cabin. Police searched the wood line where Chandler was seen coming out of the woods. They found the remains of his father. They were dismembered. “They only found portions of Mr. Halderson,” said Brown.
Chandler Halderson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

According to the probable cause statement, further investigation found that Chandler Halderson was seen at a known acquaintance’s home in the Town of Cottage Grove in rural Dane County, driving his vehicle in reverse with the rear hatch open in a field near the woods.

Authorities searched the area and found remains later identified as a human torso a short distance from where Chandler Halderson’s vehicle was seen. The remains were sent in for identification, and on Monday, the Dane County Medical Examiner’s office identified the torso as belonging to Bart Halderson. The medical examiner ruled he died as a result of a homicide and had been shot.
Court documents show why police think missing couple's son lied

Did this kid scatter his parents body parts in different areas? :eek:

According to the probable cause statement, further investigation found that Chandler Halderson was seen at a known acquaintance’s home in the Town of Cottage Grove in rural Dane County, driving his vehicle in reverse with the rear hatch open in a field near the woods.

Authorities searched the area and found remains later identified as a human torso a short distance from where Chandler Halderson’s vehicle was seen. The remains were sent in for identification, and on Monday, the Dane County Medical Examiner’s office identified the torso as belonging to Bart Halderson. The medical examiner ruled he died as a result of a homicide and had been shot.

BBM. I think he wanted to send DCSO on some kind of grotesque scavenger hunt.

This is just MOO, but I can only think of 2 reasons he would dump the remains on the property of someone he knew..
1. he wanted to frame them for the murder because he also said they went to the cabin with friends and so did he want them to think the people who owned this land picked them up to go to the cabin and then harmed them?

2. he is just that dumb and put them in this location because he knew where it was... but dumping bodies on land of someone you know is the best way to get caught because they can recognize you! Geez..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back